TGDT 3/12 Blackhawks (38-13-14) @ Avalanche (42-18-5) 8:30PM CSN

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="223381" data-time="1394718445">
<div>

Colorado scares me because of Varlamov.</p>

</p>

But to be fair, we hit a bunch of posts, and luck hasn't really been on our side during the season series.</p>

</p>

I think with Crawford in the net, we at least get to OT or win that game in regulation.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Luck has not been on our side.</p>

</p>

But most importantly is anyone else as dumbfounded as I am that their Defense has held up this long? I know they have had our number this season, but I would not be confident looking into the playoffs with those Dmen.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="223381" data-time="1394718445">
<div>

Colorado scares me because of Varlamov.</p>

</p>

But to be fair, we hit a bunch of posts, and luck hasn't really been on our side during the season series.</p>

</p>

I think with Crawford in the net, we at least get to OT or win that game in regulation.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

What I don't get is the fact that we don't do well against Colorado, and if the season were to end today, we're getting Colorado in the first round. </p>

</p>

If there's anything to bring the Debbie Downers out in full force, its the potential of that series. </p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="223393" data-time="1394725589">
<div>

What I don't get is the fact that we don't do well against Colorado, and if the season were to end today, we're getting Colorado in the first round. </p>

</p>

If there's anything to bring the Debbie Downers out in full force, its the potential of that series. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It would be a great test for a first round matchup. Definitely the team I would feel a little shaky against, but no sense in wanting to avoid opponents, we are the defending champs and need to set the tone if we want to win again. </p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="223388" data-time="1394724341">
<div>

If Crawford was in net... it likely would have been 3-0 in the 1st period.</p>

</p>

Not knocking Crawford but Raanta made quite a few key/impressive saves.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I doubt it. They were impressive, considering he hadn't played in a month, but he was shaky all game. A majority of those saves were whiffed on anyway - I thought it was funny how Foley made him sound like BANNEERRMAANNNNNN though... Not impressed with the 1st period whiff fest, but there was one or two excellent saves he had for sure later in the game: one the 5-on-3 when he stopped O'Reilly right on the doorstep, no whiffing on that one; and another on John Mitchell when he had that break in the 3rd.</p>

</p>

Either way, that Leighton-esque goal doesn't really help and I didn't think Colorado really tested him that much, it was definitely winnable.</p>

</p>

I would have liked to see Crawford vs COL and Raanta vs NSH, but oh well.</p>

</p>

I think the bigger issue isn't about our back-up, it's a matter of whether or not we can solve Varlamov if we meet them in the playoffs.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="223406" data-time="1394733502">
<div>

I doubt it. They were impressive, considering he hadn't played in a month, but he was shaky all game. A majority of those saves were whiffed on anyway - I thought it was funny how Foley made him sound like BANNEERRMAANNNNNN though... Not impressed with the 1st period whiff fest, but there was one or two excellent saves he had for sure later in the game: one the 5-on-3 when he stopped O'Reilly right on the doorstep, no whiffing on that one; and another on John Mitchell when he had that break in the 3rd.</p>

</p>

Either way, that Leighton-esque goal doesn't really help and I didn't think Colorado really tested him that much, it was definitely winnable.</p>

</p>

</p>

I think the bigger issue isn't about our back-up, it's a matter of whether or not we can solve Varlamov if we meet them in the playoffs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

True about Varlamov... .960 SV% in 4 games is pretty tough.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Looks like Col. is our new  rivalry as Vancouver is flushing down the toliet.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="223410" data-time="1394735487">

Looks like Col. is our new  rivalry as Vancouver is flushing down the toliet.</p></blockquote>
Lets have a few spirited playoff series against them before calling them rivals.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="223413" data-time="1394737146">
<div>

Lets have a few spirited playoff series against them before calling them rivals.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well now being in our division and actually being good makes them rivals in itself.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="223406" data-time="1394733502">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

Call it a whiff-fest.

Hitting multiple posts again. They aren't going in.

I do agree on Raanta starting in NSH (flip flopping). </p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="223412" data-time="1394736402">
<div>

The Blows are the Hawks #1 rival.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I consider Col more of a threat then the Blows. Even though Blows are a big rivalry but that is just because of the nasty style they play not because of talent. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Dying powerplay cost us the game last night. Otherwise the Hawks were in the game which makes the loss easier to take always. Effort all game was there. Varlimov got lucky on many occasions. Keith is struggling on the offensive end of the game right now and a little on the back end which hurts the overall team. Hossa is also missed and it was evident last night. First goal against was brutal and that sort of set the tone for the night with the Hawks having to battle from behind all game thus is why a dying powerplay was a nasty thing to watch. Avs have an incredible record when scoring first. So the blueprint is easy if the hawks meet them in the playoffs..SCORE FUCKIN FIRST and dont let in a soft first goal.</p>

</p>

Other than the loss it was a pretty entertaining game</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="223417" data-time="1394740041">
<div>

Dying powerplay cost us the game last night. Otherwise the Hawks were in the game which makes the loss easier to take always. Effort all game was there. Varlimov got lucky on many occasions. Keith is struggling on the offensive end of the game right now and a little on the back end which hurts the overall team. Hossa is also missed and it was evident last night. First goal against was brutal and that sort of set the tone for the night with the Hawks having to battle from behind all game thus is why a dying powerplay was a nasty thing to watch. Avs have an incredible record when scoring first. So the blueprint is easy if the hawks meet them in the playoffs..SCORE FUCKIN FIRST and dont let in a soft first goal.</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

The first thing I thought of after the first goal was, 2010 games 6 winner. </p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="223415" data-time="1394739806">
<div>

Call it a whiff-fest.

Hitting multiple posts again. They aren't going in.

I do agree on Raanta starting in NSH (flip flopping). </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="223417" data-time="1394740041">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

To both of you, since I think this response applies to both posts, sort of.</p>

</p>

For the record, I wasn't suggesting poor goaltending cost the Hawks the game. Obviously there was a lot of missed opportunities from the Hawks, even with Varlamov playing well, the offense still could have had 4-5 goals if not for missed nets and posts.</p>

</p>

All I was saying was, I think with Crawford in net, the game is at least tied.</p>

</p>

But, goaltending is really not much of a concern for me, I think Raanta played well enough to win. He didn't, and I think we at least get a point with Crawford - but the reality is he didn't play, just my opinion... the real issue was our lack of finish and a poor penalty by Shaw followed by Kruger's mistake (really, I think that cost us the game).</p>

</p>

Varlamov played well, but we beat him a few times without denting the twine. These guys gotta stop pulling a Sharp against the Avs and just bury those chances.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="223413" data-time="1394737146">
<div>

Lets have a few spirited playoff series against them before calling them rivals.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm sure a little board breaking by a whining Patrick Roy and a bench fight will make this an instant rivalry.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="223429" data-time="1394767214">

I'm sure a little board breaking by a whining Patrick Roy and a bench fight will make this an instant rivalry.</p></blockquote>
If it ends up being the Avs vs. Hawks in the first round, I will be disappointed if Roy doesn't flip out at least once during the series.