TGDT 3/25 Stars (34-26-11) @ Blackhawks (41-16-15) 7:00PM CSN

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:18px;">2013-14 REGULAR SEASON</span>

<span style="font-size:24px;">GAME 73</span>

large.png
<span style="font-size:18px;"> vs</span>.
large.png

<span style="font-size:24px;">34-26-11 ----- 41-16-15</span></p>
<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>
<p style="text-align:center;">
teuvo-puck-600.jpg
</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Teuvo Time!!!  (Hopefully?!?!?)</p>

</p>

Or will JVR's stupid scrub brother they just signed play instead?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Hawks are going to straight up put the pussy on the chainwax against Dallas</p>

</p>

</p>

P</p>

U</p>

T</p>

</p>

T</p>

H</p>

E</p>

</p>

P</p>

U</p>

S</p>

S</p>

Y</p>

</p>

O</p>

N</p>

</p>

T</p>

H</p>

E </p>

</p>

C</p>

H</p>

A</p>

I</p>

N</p>

W</p>

A</p>

X</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Zeus sits, TT & Morin play, and Shaw and Morin look to cream the frenchie-little-frog.</p>

tvltre

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="224087" data-time="1395757087">
<div>

I hope Zeus sits, TT & Morin play, and Shaw and Morin look to cream the frenchie-little-frog.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

When will we know what the lines are for tonights game.  Would be nice to know just what is in store for tonights game.</p>

</p>

Hawks win this one 3-2</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tvltre" data-cid="224089" data-time="1395757679">

When will we know what the lines are for tonights game.  Would be nice to know just what is in store for tonights game.

Hawks win this one 3-2</p></blockquote>

Line rushes during morning skate are usually a good indication. The scribes will live tweet line rushes as they happen.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="224065" data-time="1395712561">
<div>

Teuvo Time!!!  (Hopefully?!?!?)</p>

</p>

Or will JVR's stupid scrub brother they just signed play instead?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hey he looked great in 24/7 playing with his dad and JVR on Christmas!!!!</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Look, I love Teuvo... I think he's going to be a great player and may even live up to the hype that everyone is putting on him. But I think it's ridiculous to have the local media think this kid is going to be an instant impact an lead the league in goals by the end of the season. Chicagosports.com had a poll up (maybe it still is) saying "Will Teuvo score a goal in his first game". And like fucking idiots 60 percent said yes. (now for saying that I'm cursed to have him score a goal). For one thing, from everything I've seen from the kid, while he does have the ability, it looks like he is more of a playmaker assist type of guy. Could he get a point, sure, but it's going to take some time to adjust let the kid breath first and enjoy his first games before you tell him that it's his fault if the hawks suck.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just saw this in the other thread, sums it up for me.</p>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="224080" data-time="1395751780">
<div>

From today's Tribune.... kind of over the top here.</p>

</p>

BjidfVCCQAA9d0q.jpg
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="224085" data-time="1395756769">
<div>

This whole situation is pretty hilarious when you take a step back. Here we are, defending champs, still stacked from top to bottom, and we have a 19 year old kid coming in who somehow has captivated everyone. </p>

</p>

It is a pretty sweet deal and I can't wait to see him play on the big club, but I am not going in with these expectations. I don't think he'll get more that 10-12 minutes tonight, and he is now playing in the NHL, his game will obviously look a lot different than the WJC. Regardless he can be an effective player on this squad if he takes it all in stride.</p>

</p>

Can't wait to see him cruising up and down the ice. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="224096" data-time="1395762638">
<div>

Just saw this in the other thread, sums it up for me.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Gotta say though it is pretty fun, as we have learned on these boards, when you are always winning there isn't that much to talk about. Give the media something to bite on, you get a 19 year old kid who has never stepped foot on the ice portrayed as a superman/godzilla of hockey. </p>

</p>

It has to be pretty surreal considering he is the newbie in a room full of champions, all-starts, *cough* hall of famers *cough*. If it were me I would be embarrassed considering the other accomplishments in the room, but hey nothing he can do about it. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="224099" data-time="1395762963">
<div>

Gotta say though it is pretty fun, as we have learned on these boards, when you are always winning there isn't that much to talk about. Give the media something to bite on, you get a 19 year old kid who has never stepped foot on the ice portrayed as a superman/godzilla of hockey. </p>

</p>

It has to be pretty surreal considering he is the newbie in a room full of champions, all-starts, *cough* hall of famers *cough*. If it were me I would be embarrassed considering the other accomplishments in the room, but hey nothing he can do about it. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Exactly... the kid seems humble enough so as long as he takes it all in stride he'll be fine, but i just really get tired of the media sometimes just straight half assing it. I probably missed it, but I really would have just like to see a really in-depth piece on him instead of the regurgitation of his Fin. stats and how he's so young and drafted only 2 years ago.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="224106" data-time="1395763718">
<div>

Exactly... the kid seems humble enough so as long as he takes it all in stride he'll be fine, but i just really get tired of the media sometimes just straight half assing it. I probably missed it, but I really would have just like to see a really in-depth piece on him instead of the regurgitation of his Fin. stats and how he's so young and drafted only 2 years ago.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That is just asking way too much. We are dealing with reporters who have very obviously not been exposed to hockey for more than the past 4 years. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of it could also be that anyone we've slotted at #2C this year has been lukewarm at best, that a decent prospect getting a shot there would be a breath of fresh air.</p>

</p>

IMHO there's no real reason that Zeus should be iced over him for at least this game, so why not get a glimpse of what the kid can do.  If he ends up being as invisible as Runblad has been, it's pretty much par for the course.  If he does come out and make an impact, all the better, if he stinks up the joint we ship him to rockford and go back to Zeus.  It's not like a game off would hurt Zeus in the long run.</p>

</p>

I'm not expecting him to score a goal on his first shift of the game, but I got the gut feeling he's not going to be any worse than Smith, Regin, Zeus, Kruger, or Piri was when slotted there.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="224108" data-time="1395763946">
<div>

That is just asking way too much. We are dealing with reporters who have very obviously not been exposed to hockey for more than the past 4 years. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

No kidding... and they use it as a platform for celebrity instead of reporting.</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="224110" data-time="1395764228">
<div>

Part of it could also be that anyone we've slotted at #2C this year has been lukewarm at best, that a decent prospect getting a shot there would be a breath of fresh air.</p>

</p>

IMHO there's no real reason that Zeus should be iced over him for at least this game, so why not get a glimpse of what the kid can do.  If he ends up being as invisible as Runblad has been, it's pretty much par for the course.  If he does come out and make an impact, all the better, if he stinks up the joint we ship him to rockford and go back to Zeus.  It's not like a game off would hurt Zeus in the long run.</p>

</p>

I'm not expecting him to score a goal on his first shift of the game, but I got the gut feeling he's not going to be any worse than Smith, Regin, Zeus, Kruger, or Piri was when slotted there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That's a good point I guess. I think the hype is as much about the kid as it is maybe finally solving the 2C position.... until Q introduces him to his daughters. Best case scenario, this move puts Zeus on the bench unless someone gets injured... worst case, they move him to wing.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="224111" data-time="1395764446">
<div>

No kidding... and they use it as a platform for celebrity instead of reporting.</p>

</p>

That's a good point I guess. I think the hype is as much about the kid as it is maybe finally solving the 2C position.... until Q introduces him to his daughters. Best case scenario, this move puts Zeus on the bench unless someone gets injured... worst case, they move him to wing.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I mean we can all say what we want about Pierre McGuire, he lives and breathes the sport and has his whole life. He gets annoying but god damn he actually knows the sport, the likes of Kuc do not know the sport, their attempts at breaking things down usually expose that, and in the end you get superficial things like Kane partying, TT in a cape......</p>

</p>

Bring back Mora, or at least give the people of Chicago a true hockey guy to read and listen to.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tim Sassone is good.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="224122" data-time="1395766331">
<div>

Tim Sassone is good.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Ohhh my... Just read this after I started the thread. RIP Tim...</p>