TGDT 3/25 Stars (34-26-11) @ Blackhawks (41-16-15) 7:00PM CSN

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chances are he won't rot in Rockford.  Be it a black ace or Rockford-bound, Kane should be back come Playoff time. and then TT possibly just misses the playoffs.</p>

</p>

The only way he "rots" there is if he doesn't make the squad next year, and then it's either because he proved he needs some AHL-level conditioning in training camp or one of the higher ups screws the pooch (i.e. can't get rid of a ballast contract--like Rosie or Handzus).</p>

</p>

*edit for rewording</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="224315" data-time="1395849561">

Either way, good IQ or not, I still see him going to Rockford very soon.</p></blockquote>

I don't see that happening. To me this organization is not going to send him down, it would be viewed as a "step backward" in his development. I don't think it'd hurt, but in the end he is not going to hurt the big club, and if he can get up to playing 16-17 minutes it's safe to assume he will become an asset to our club.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="224326" data-time="1395851685">

Chances are he won't rot in Rockford.  Be it a black ace or Rockford-bound, Kane should be back come Playoff time. and then TT will just miss the playoffs.

The only way he "rots" there is if he doesn't make the squad next year, and then it's either because he proved he needs some AHL-level conditioning in training camp or one of the higher ups screws the pooch (i.e. can't get rid of a ballast contract--like Rosie or Handzus)</p></blockquote>

This, depending on his play, (who knows he could light it up the next 9 games if he is playing) I see him as a Black Ace playing a couple of playoff games.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="224325" data-time="1395851335">
<div>

Why would he be rotting here?</p>

</p>

When Kane comes back, Teuvo-Jesus can be his centerman.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

So I was thinking about this, and I know it's a small sample size (at least so far as the AHL is concerned) but I have to agree, he still have to solidify it but I think if he plays at a minimum like he did last night the kid should be on the roster into the playoffs. And honestly, with his style and Kane, I think you put Kane back with Toews and have TT center a line with Hossa. I would love for Sharp to be up with Kane and Toews, but you may need him to be with TT for experience. Then you have Kane, Toews and Anyone on the top line and it's magical. TT Hoss and Sharp could be magical. Krugs soldiering Smith and Bolig maybe.... And with the way Shawzer is playing he's solid at the 3 C if needed but you can put Krugs there and Regin is fine in the 4 spot, but at the end of the day you've address the most important need. Zues in the press box.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Having him up here for the playoffs isn't going to hurt his development. Even if he was a black ace he at least gets to learn the NHL game and see what he needs to work on. 10 games with Rockford isn't going to make or break him as a player.

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="224330" data-time="1395851977">
<div>

This, depending on his play, (who knows he could light it up the next 9 games if he is playing) I see him as a Black Ace playing a couple of playoff games.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

All I hope for is that they manage this smartly. He isn't going to be the difference between something like losing in the first round or going to the Final. But taking a year off his contract by playing him can be the difference between losing a player like Shaw and having to sign a player like Pisani, or forcing to play a guy like Cullimore. I don't want to see that again. For a team that is going to be up against the cap every single year for the forseeable future, that slide year you have to lose on him  has to be a serious consideration.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Again. You don't know what the future holds for the cap. Regardless It appears that most teams that are the most competitive are going to be up against the cap year after year and are going to be forced to lose players here and there that most fans don't want to lose. Concerning yourself with losing a guy like Shaw over a guy like TT? Come on. I'm a fan of Shaw as much as the next fan but there is no comparison in talent levels. If it came down to TT playing now and getting extremely valuable exposure to everything that is the NHL or not having Shaw in the future for a year? Bye bye Shaw. Not even worth thinking twice about. </p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="224215" data-time="1395798036">
<div>

For me to even notice Saad playing well out there is quite the accomplishment. We all know how I'm definitely not a Saad fan, so for me to even notice a 20 flying around and doing well.... That says a lot about this kid.</p>

</p>

TT is far more incredible than I ever imagined. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

19 goals, 25 assists. +28. Hard to notice Saad playing well? It's hard to notice him NOT playing well you silly man.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="224372" data-time="1395868445">
<div>

Again. You don't know what the future holds for the cap. Regardless It appears that most teams that are the most competitive are going to be up against the cap year after year and are going to be forced to lose players here and there that most fans don't want to lose. Concerning yourself with losing a guy like Shaw over a guy like TT? Come on. I'm a fan of Shaw as much as the next fan but there is no comparison in talent levels. If it came down to TT playing now and getting extremely valuable exposure to everything that is the NHL or not having Shaw in the future for a year? Bye bye Shaw. Not even worth thinking twice about. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Noooo, that's not what I was talking about. I'm not talking about a choice between the two of them, because that's not a choice whatsoever. I'm talking about the value in depth that the Hawks have and keeping it for as long as they can.  They don't HAVE to play Teuvo in the playoffs, that's not going to be the difference for the Hawks in the playoffs this year.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw is quietly approaching a 20/20 season.   </p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="224377" data-time="1395869510">
<div>

Shaw is quietly approaching a 20/20 season.   </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And think of how many goals went in due to his screens, and he didn't even get an assist in most.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody miss Bolland?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="224389" data-time="1395870173">

Anybody miss Bolland?</p></blockquote>
The Leafs probably do.

Not me since Kruger replaced him.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I might miss Bolland come playoffs but guys like Shaw take his spot easily and Versteeg to a lesser extend if he finds that little pesky turd in him ever again. Bollands best quality was he could drive other players nuts and do so in a way that didn't equate to a lot of stupid penalties on himself during playoffs. I would love to see Versteeg find that turd in himself again.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="224389" data-time="1395870173">
<div>

Anybody miss Bolland?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I do. Sucks that he was never healthy but overall I wish he were still here. If he ever played or does play an 82 game season again he will get 50 points or so.</p>

</p>

His entire approach to the game is what I enjoyed. There was an x-factor that told me if this guy wasn't playing hockey he would probably have thrown himself off a bridge just outside Mimico years ago. </p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="224392" data-time="1395870477">
<div>

I might miss Bolland come playoffs but guys like Shaw take his spot easily and Versteeg to a lesser extend if he finds that little pesky turd in him ever again. Bollands best quality was he could drive other players nuts and do so in a way that didn't equate to a lot of stupid penalties on himself during playoffs. I would love to see Versteeg find that turd in himself again.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Me too. I had higher hopes when they got him back.</p>

I mistakenly figured he'd kill penalties too. Doesn't seem like the same player he was and it hasn't been that long that he's been gone and he's still somewhat young.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about pinning the right GDT?</p>

</p>

Damn lazy underpaid mods!!! :)</p>

</p>

resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-oh-you-don-t-want-to-do-your-job-you-must-really-love-kraft-dinner-2bc9e8.jpg
</p>