TGDT: 3/9 Blackhawks @ Lightning 6:30PM CSN/VERSUS

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
here is a great example of a spin-o-ramma in a shootout that is a good goal, notice how he keeps skating on the side of the goal and shoots when he is still skating.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdcbgK8IVAg&tracker=False[/media]

now look at the one from yesterday and notice the ice kick back...from stopping then he skates a little and shoots...ice doesn't just kick back from skating. And the puck clearly stops! I rest my case..[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNnT1HGEong&tracker=False[/media]

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The puck stopping alone which seems like everyone agreed that it did stop, should alone be a no goal. a puck is not allowed to stop and shot. all the other stuff mentioned is thrown out the window at that case alone.

I'll repeat that the wording in the rule is "the act of a spin-o-rama is considered constant motion", which infers that during the act of a spin-o-rama there is constant motion.

Again I hate it as much as everyone else here, but that statement is an override...which just sucks.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll repeat that the wording in the rule is "the act of a spin-o-rama is considered constant motion", which infers that during the act of a spin-o-rama there is constant motion.

Again I hate it as much as everyone else here, but that statement is an override...which just sucks.

Yes we all hate it but it still remains that he did not shoot the puck during the act of the spin-o-rama. As I mentioned, he spun around stopped then shot. If he would have shot the puck in the motion of the spin-o-rama then the rule would apply. As stated before, it was two separate moves.he might as well shot the puck recovered the rebound and pulled the little flip shot.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes we all hate it but it still remains that he did not shoot the puck during the act of the spin-o-rama. As I mentioned, he spun around stopped then shot. If he would have shot the puck in the motion of the spin-o-rama then the rule would apply. As stated before, it was two separate moves.he might as well shot the puck recovered the rebound and pulled the little flip shot.

But that is a large part of the grey area, at what point does the spin-o-rama end? The full 360? Or is just the beginning of the action enough to assume it is going to be completed or there will be a shot? What constitutes or defines a legal spin-o-rama? Just the act of spinning? The spin-o-rama statement says nothing about not a quick stop and quick puck movement and a shot not being considered constant puck motion toward the net as it just stats the action is considered continuous motion.

The statement and the action just needs to be removed as I personally think it is not in the spirit of what a penalty shot should be...but it unfortunately is in the spirit of entertainment.

R K

But that is a large part of the grey area, at what point does the spin-o-rama end? The full 360? Or is just the beginning of the action enough to assume it is going to be completed or there will be a shot? What constitutes or defines a legal spin-o-rama? Just the act of spinning? The spin-o-rama statement says nothing about not a quick stop and quick puck movement and a shot not being considered constant puck motion toward the net as it just stats the action is considered continuous motion.

The statement and the action just needs to be removed as I personally think it is not in the spirit of what a penalty shot should be...but it unfortunately is in the spirit of entertainment.

Go back to the TIE. The Shoot Out as a whole is a joke. It always has been and it always will be.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
BS....as stated here many times, the puck came to a COMPLETE STOP...end of story....ILLEGAL...

Whatever. They said on NHLN 360 moves have different rules and thats why it was a good goal.

Oh well we gained a point on the Wings I've moved on, maybe you should too.

And because I know RK will be chomping at the bit at the bolded part... I am FINALLY over the Chara hit!
<

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Whatever. They said on NHLN 360 moves have different rules and thats why it was a good goal.

And because I know RK will be chomping at the bit at the bolded part... I am FINALLY over the Chara hit!
<

Hey...I'm so over it that I'll even say Scott had an "adequate" game....

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey...I'm so over it that I'll even say Scott had an "adequate" game....

You know bier, that was a huge step from you I must admit. That's something I thought I'd never see from you!

Too bad that laser from the blue line didn't go in haha!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

Oh well we gained a point on the Wings I've moved on.

no one moves on around here Stu. Don't you have some posts to make in the Chara hit thread
<

2 points me!!

Damn you beat me to the punch. 0-0 game

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

<

no one moves on around here Stu. Don't you have some posts to make in the Chara hit thread
<

2 points me!!

NOPE! Too late jackass!

Too bad the -1 button is broken because so many people used it on Kerfuffle.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Anyways regadless of the curfuffle with the NHL rule book and how fucking lame the shoot out is. You gotta admit it was a pretty goal. I liked Rebiros last night against the Flames better though. It was pretty with no spin-o-rama involved.

I can't believe I have to be the voice of positivity here. The 1 point we got last night is going to go a far way. The fact that we didn't get the 2nd point isn't going to hamper the teams chances to make the playoffs. What will or could are Campbells and Bollands injuries if they end up being more significant. Good news about Bolland as RK mentioned in the Bolland Injury thread so at least there is a positive sign there.

I think this is the bigger issue right now than St Louis goal in the shoot out. I doubt the players are dwelling on it right now (Craw might have had a dream or two last night though).

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<

NHL backs Martin St. Louis SO goal

TAMPA, Fla. -- An NHL spokesman on Thursday said the shootout-winning move by the Tampa Bay Lightning's Martin St. Louis against the Chicago Blackhawks was legal.

I say, they said this to cover their ass..NHL is not like the NFL were they can admit to a mistake. NHL is run by Bettfuck

<
Bettman

can someone add this little rodent taking a shit...that will come in handy for the playoffs.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Anyways regadless of the curfuffle with the NHL rule book and how fucking lame the shoot out is. You gotta admit it was a pretty goal. I liked Rebiros last night against the Flames better though. It was pretty with no spin-o-rama involved.

I can't believe I have to be the voice of positivity here. The 1 point we got last night is going to go a far way. The fact that we didn't get the 2nd point isn't going to hamper the teams chances to make the playoffs. What will or could are Campbells and Bollands injuries if they end up being more significant. Good news about Bolland as RK mentioned in the Bolland Injury thread so at least there is a positive sign there.

I think this is the bigger issue right now than St Louis goal in the shoot out. I doubt the players are dwelling on it right now (Craw might have had a dream or two last night though).

Who is Rebiro?