TGDT: 4/24 WCQF Game 6 - Canucks (3) @ (2) Blackhawks 6:30PM CSN

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Vigneault says Lu starts tomorrow....if we believe him

Chaps

Liked Posts:
VANCOUVER -- Vancouver GM Mike Gillis says the Canucks can win their playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks if there is a level playing field.

Gillis says too many penalties are being called in favour of the Blackhawks, which has put his team at a disadvantage.

The Canucks will play the Blackhawks in Game 7 of the Western Conference quarter-final tomorrow night.

The Canucks led the series 3-0 but have lost three games in a row.

Gillis was also upset that Chicago's Bryan Bickell was not called for a penalty after a hit he put in Vancouver defenceman Kevin Bieksa in Sunday night's 4-3 overtime loss.

Gillis says he's simply stating the facts and that his attack on the officiating in the series isn't a way to take some heat off his team.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, deflect the blame away from your mentally fragile team so they don't get hurt feelings and break down like pussies.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looked like Burrows was going to give the Rat a love tap and Scott beat him to it. Don't doubt it was a bit embellished either.

As for Bieksa, players have a responsibility to protect themselves or what ever lame excuse they trotted out for not suspending Torres. If anyone deserved that kind of hit as much as Torres it's Bieksa.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdPj6yiaTzY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTAqvq_LE4[/media]

This Bickell hit on Bieksa does'nt compare to some of the various hits thrown thruout this series against the Hawks. Bieksa was'nt even phased by that hit, just an act. He won't miss game game 7, bet on that!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This Bickell hit on Bieksa does'nt compare to some of the various hits thrown thruout this series against the Hawks. Bieksa was'nt even phased by that hit, just an act. He won't miss game game 7, bet on that!

Canucks fans say he should have faked a concussion to get a 2 minute PP... idiots.

R K

VANCOUVER -- Vancouver GM Mike Gillis says the Canucks can win their playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks if there is a level playing field.

Gillis says too many penalties are being called in favour of the Blackhawks, which has put his team at a disadvantage.

The Canucks will play the Blackhawks in Game 7 of the Western Conference quarter-final tomorrow night.

The Canucks led the series 3-0 but have lost three games in a row.

Gillis was also upset that Chicago's Bryan Bickell was not called for a penalty after a hit he put in Vancouver defenceman Kevin Bieksa in Sunday night's 4-3 overtime loss.

Gillis says he's simply stating the facts and that his attack on the officiating in the series isn't a way to take some heat off his team.

And this is why their CLASSLESS organization will never win shit. I can't remember a GM complaining publicly about all the officiating and clearly stating that's the reason they haven't won. This organization is FILTHY from the top all the fucking way down.

Hey Gillis when I pointed to my STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP HAT last night I was saying YOUR SCUM BAG ASS WILL NEVER FUCKING SEE ONE. DOUCHE BAG!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Gillis is on TV saying the reffing hasn't been fair.

"I'm being factual. Not jumping up and down. Its undeniable. There's a trend." - Gillis.

It's good to know this team learns it strong leadership from the top. Thank god the hawks don't or they'd be trying to sell timeshares on the ice and doing calculus problems.

R K

It's good to know this team learns it strong leadership from the top. Thank god the hawks don't or they'd be trying to sell timeshares on the ice and doing calculus problems.

We should complain as if that were anyone in our organization they'd be fined by the NHL.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why Roberto Luongo should have started Game 6

Justin Bourne's blog from The Hockey News:

I would have loved to hear the conversation between the Canucks coaches and managers that led to their decision to leave Luongo on the bench at the start of the biggest game of their season. To then call it a “hunch” in the post-game press conference only makes it look worse, like they didn’t actually think of the repercussions of the decision.

I’m just baffled there was a decision to be made at all. This isn’t the lower leagues, of course, so a coach can’t act like managing his personalities (and their contracts) isn’t a major part of his job.

The Canucks as a whole have been bad on the ice, but two games shouldn’t have been enough to make the brass panic, let alone panic enough to show the world their fear.

My junior coach used to say “never let ’em see you sweat.” Before Game 6 in Chicago, we all saw the higher-ups in Vancouver needed a serious change of shirts.