TGDT 4/3 Wild (39-26-11) @ Ice Hogs + NCAA + SEL (-88, -19, -10) 7:00PM NBCS

phranchk

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="225019" data-time="1396576808">
<div>

By "clean" you mean by hitting him in the back of the head clean?</p>

</p>

BrandonBolligHitZachPariseBehind.gif
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

ETA: https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/451891584624119808</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I disagree that it was a hit to the head. It was high on the back but not to the head. With that said, it's still an illegal hit and still dangerous. A checking from behind penalty should've been called.</p>

I swear, and maybe it's just perception, the amount of stupid shit from Bollig has gone up dramatically since he signed his contract extension.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="phranchk" data-cid="225034" data-time="1396620026">
<div>

I disagree that it was a hit to the head. It was high on the back but not to the head. With that said, it's still an illegal hit and still dangerous. A checking from behind penalty should've been called.</p>

I swear, and maybe it's just perception, the amount of stupid shit from Bollig has gone up dramatically since he signed his contract extension.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

And I disagree with your disagreement. I see him get propelled forward with contact to the back of his head whereupon I see him almost immediately start to put his hand on his head. Meh, without TOR's fancy-schmancy equipment and proprietary cam angles to each their own.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Interesting how after that hit Koivu went over and gave Bollig some whacks letting him know that it wasn't okay. And the score was tied.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that Parise didn't miss a shift.   I guess the TV time out allowed him enough time to recover.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
And because Koivu did that, Minnesota's chances of making it out of the first round, even without have yet officially  clinched a berth, are better than the Hawks'. </p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="225038" data-time="1396622861">
<div>

And I disagree with your disagreement. I see him get propelled forward with contact to the back of his head whereupon I see him almost immediately start to put his hand on his head. Meh, without TOR's fancy-schmancy equipment and proprietary cam angles to each their own.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

From what I saw (during the limited time I got to watch - thanks thunderstorms and Dish) the hit to the top of the back, between the shoulders, caused whiplash.  There was no contact with the head/helmet.</p>

</p>

Still a dumb idea and he realized it right away when he threw his hands up in the "I didn't do it, but I know I did it...shit!" pose.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="225042" data-time="1396626728">
<div>

Interesting that Parise didn't miss a shift.   I guess the TV time out allowed him enough time to recover.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I wish Toews would've had a TV time out right after the hit.  No use crying over spilt milk (I guess).</p>