The Asian Duet

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
And I don't know whose mock drafts you've been looking at or how old they are, but I have yet to find one from the last two-three months that has Manaea that high. Hell, I've seen him as low as 12th during that time, but usually closer to 6th or 7th. Meanwhile, Gray's stock has absolutely soared through the roof.

And I didn't see any mock drafts last year that had Almora as high as he went either.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
And I didn't see any mock drafts last year that had Almora as high as he went either.

Most had him going to the Cubs, everyone knew Epstein loved him, it was described as the "worst kept secret in baseball". And pat was talking about Manaea going #2 in mock drafts...

patg006

Liked Posts:
Most had him going to the Cubs, everyone knew Epstein loved him, it was described as the "worst kept secret in baseball". And pat was talking about Manaea going #2 in mock drafts...

http://dcprosportsreport.com/MLBMocks.htm

Plenty have Manea going 2nd, the consensus is Appel 1st. Gray mocked a couple times 2nd. Most every one of these have Manea anywhere from 1-6. Recent as in March 10th onward. Generally a top 6 pick, unlike your guestimation--err....."crystal ball" approach of "I have seen him at 12th, ergo it must be true!"

Tell me, Mighty Jntg, what does your crystal ball see now?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
http://dcprosportsreport.com/MLBMocks.htm

Plenty have Manea going 2nd, the consensus is Appel 1st. Gray mocked a couple times 2nd. Most every one of these have Manea anywhere from 1-6. Recent as in March 10th onward. Generally a top 6 pick, unlike your guestimation--err....."crystal ball" approach of "I have seen him at 12th, ergo it must be true!"

Tell me, Mighty Jntg, what does your crystal ball see now?

Those are wordpress and blogspot blogs by randoms, I listen more to what writers from MinorLeagueBall, Baseball America, and Baseball Prospectus say, you know, people who actually watch them all and have a ton of experience in it and have more time to commit to it as their primary profession?

patg006

Liked Posts:
Those are wordpress and blogspot blogs by randoms, I listen more to what writers from MinorLeagueBall, Baseball America, and Baseball Prospectus say, you know, people who actually watch them all and have a ton of experience in it and have more time to commit to it as their primary profession?

Let me guess, you got a big woody for Keith Law, dont you?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Let me guess, you got a big woody for Keith Law, dont you?

No, Keith Law is awful. He honestly thinks Jeimer Candelario is a borderline Top 100 right now, utter BS he spouts (and Candelario is one of our prospects in case you don't follow all levels of the minors, he's overrating him, it's not just because of how he's underrated others)

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
Best Asian duet: Takatsu, and Iguchi.

Nope. Best Asian duet: Fook Mi and Fook Yu

y8y7evym.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Gregg was a minor league signing, and Loe was a waiver claim... it is completely insignificant.

Wasn't insignificant to our Boy Blunder.

He ran to the media talking of the big changes on the roster.

He's a real bad saleman.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Wasn't insignificant to our Boy Blunder.

He ran to the media talking of the big changes on the roster.

He's a real bad saleman.

Well he sure sold his plan to Ricketts and Boston since Ricketts hired him and Boston tried to pry away Castro for them, then it was Cashner, and then they wanted Jackson, etc.

Not that that makes him good or not, but he sold his stuff to somebody pretty well obviously.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Not that that makes him good or not, but he sold his stuff to somebody pretty well obviously.

I can't agree more. Wonder how long Marie Whitney will keep having to hear about his bris.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Gregg was a minor league signing, and Loe was a waiver claim... it is completely insignificant.

And ok, make a realistic off-season set of moves that would have made this team a contender. I'd love to see it.

I don't know if it would have made this team a contender or not because I don't have a crystal ball, but for the money it would have cost to sign Josh Hamilton, the Cubs could have signed Youkilis, Swisher, and Schierholtz as a 4th outfielder.

Not to mention if the Cubs could have pulled the trigger on the Haren deal which would have bolstered the rotation.

Shark, Haren, Jackson, Villanueva, Garza, Wood, 1 of 2 Feldman/Baker. (depth)

Castro, Rizzo, Swisher, Soriano, Youkilis, Castillo.

Youk would have been on a short contract, Soriano is now short, and Swisher would have been 4 years and not stunted the growth in the minors.

At least give the parent club a fighting chance.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Well he sure sold his plan to Ricketts and Boston since Ricketts hired him and Boston tried to pry away Castro for them, then it was Cashner, and then they wanted Jackson, etc.

It was the best 5 year contract and 18 million or whatever dollars Ricketts ever spent. Theo doesn't have to win diddly-squat and Ricketts will make money hand over fist.

This bought him a 5 year window to beef up the minors and make a ton of profit fielding an under performing team and fans abroad are buying into all of it because they are only seeing the supposed rewarding journey ahead.

I am not saying Theo won't bring them a championship and I hope, in fact we all hope he brings them a ton of them, but the Cubs will rake in astronomical profits even if Mickey Mouse were running the Cubs, and they obviously don't even have to be a winner to do so.

THERIOT2

Liked Posts:
LOL,yeah Haren has been quite successful this year,if his aim is to pitch to contact,pretty impressive stats. A WHIP of over 2 and a yield of 26 hits allowed in 13.1 innings. Although a great 12 to 1 strikeout to walk rate in just 3 starts and the afore mentioned 13.1 innings. Can't see why Theo never pulled the trigger on the Haren deal. :lmao:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, Keith Law is awful. He honestly thinks Jeimer Candelario is a borderline Top 100 right now, utter BS he spouts (and Candelario is one of our prospects in case you don't follow all levels of the minors, he's overrating him, it's not just because of how he's underrated others)

Im not a huge fan of KLAW because I think he is a dick. But, Jeimer Candelario is being considered by a lot of scouts to be in the top 100 next year not just Law. He has gotten off to a good start so we will see.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
LOL,yeah Haren has been quite successful this year,if his aim is to pitch to contact,pretty impressive stats. A WHIP of over 2 and a yield of 26 hits allowed in 13.1 innings. Although a great 12 to 1 strikeout to walk rate in just 3 starts and the afore mentioned 13.1 innings. Can't see why Theo never pulled the trigger on the Haren deal. :lmao:

I guess you are right about that one......

I suppose it was nothing to laugh about spending 18 million on Chris Volva who had no upside and can't pitch. Scott Feldman at 6 million who can't find the plate for nearly three years and has no upside. Scott Baker at 5.5 million who hasn't thrown a pitch but could have some upside.

Or Dan Haren, once he surely finds himself, is an all-star caliber pitcher, with tremendous upside and huge return value on a trade, that could have been had for a little under 10 million dollars this season. So if they are gambling on player success for prospect flips. I guess your point is useless.

That extra chromosome installed at your birth hasn't worked to your advantage.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Great point.

Because Marmol has been so great this year??

And Feldman has been lights out also.