The Bears are tanking and rebuilding.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
It should be evident to Bears fans by now that Poles isn't a bandaid/quick fix kind of GM.

The roster is lacking, as he isn't spending on mid level FA so you guys can win 8 games. He's going to get your cap right. Also, I can tell you that IF he thought anything of Fields, he would have done everything he could to put guys around him to help him win. It is is plain as day that Poles believed from day 1, that Fields isn't the man.

The Bears are eating 57 million in dead cap this season as I type this. Robert Quinn will probably be traded in season, ...adding 4 million more in dead cap, but saving 12 million more.

Maybe Eddie Jackson goes too....get all that dead money knocked out this year, while "tanking" for a much better QB prospect.

I see some of you.....trying to find some far fetched justifications about this upcoming season....about Fields developing.... That's delusional thinking. You don't go eating 57 million in cap, hire a defensive minded HC, if you think your young QB is legit and ascending and you are ready to start trying to compete. The evidences says you are in the midst of a teardown and cap correction. Embrace it.

Poles will do a good job of building it up when it's time, but you guys are going to have to accept that it's being torn apart and that the tear down isn't even finished yet. ....should have been done after Trubisky didn't work out, instead of drafting Fields.

It sucks having to watch another QB bust out, and spend an entire season of football, essentially waiting for it to pass, so you can get on with the NEXT year...but that's where you are. You'll be better for it since Poles is going to do it right. ....and you'll be happy about it 2 years from now when the evidence is there that this was the right thing to do.

I'm telling you, this is fir the best and Poles is the right man for the job.
so...anyone still thinking this isn't the plan?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are you 8 and do you wear a mini-toga? How do you feel about vaccines? I heard @Spartan is in the market

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The whole idea of tanking is stupid. Teams don't try to tank in game six of the season. Sure maybe the last week or two some teams may flop a game. But every team tries to win. Coaches aren't looking to ruin their W/L record for some future draft pick.

Eburflus is trying to develop the talent we have and set a foundation. Stinking it up in the redzone isn't part of the overall plan. The coaches want to get better and have something to build off of.

Sure, in week 15 or later if you want to lose for a draft pick go ahead. But it must be miserable to be happy to watch and cheer for your team to lose in week 6 and earlier. We aren't that far off from being 4-2. Maybe even 5-1 if Fields 52 yard TD against the Vikes counted.

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Bears fans are ok with tanking because the fans once again have bought in to the hope, always confused with hype, that THIS is the GM that finally turns the corner. So we'll dismiss all the worthless free agent signings, drafting defense with two of the top three picks, a PR/KR that can't catch kicks and punts, in-game mismanagement, and play calling that has them beating records for lack of production that hasn't been seen in 40 years.

Well, there's again ZERO evidence so far that this staph is even somewhat competent to get it together. I don't care if it's six games in or six years in. We've been through this for decades and we know what sucks looks like.

This entire organization sucks from top to bottom and the first order to fix it is having those spoiled ass kids to sell the team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Talk about such a great start to a thread, only for it to go off the rails quicker than a female Mouskateer in Hollywood...
Just let him enjoy Andy mismanaging a playoff game and wasting more Super Bowl chances for a QB that could be the GOAT one day.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is absolute pure ignorance.

The bears aren’t the first team in the history of the nfl to rebuild. But they may be the first to have a potential future franchise qb going into his second year setting records like the one below because of the lack of talent on offense.

Fields has now been pressured on 46% of his dropbacks this season, the highest rate of pressure a QB has faced in the first 6 games of a season since ESPN began tracking pressures in 2009.

This is a literal record breaking stat. Other teams rebuild. But that doesn’t mean you can’t add talent to your offense in the first offseason!

If you were TRULY “tearing it all down” then you would have traded every single player on this roster you could get any pick for including fields, roquan, Montgomery, Quinn, ejack, etc.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
so...anyone still thinking this isn't the plan?
Why bring back this Dog shit thread?

Fields is not A Bust, Bears have some good young talent to build Around. The NFL is A business the Commanders we’re desperate for - W. Kinda like the Colts were when they kick KC Ass recently.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Fields is a bust because when you believe your young, but unproven QB IS NOT a bust, you do what Philly did and bring in a ton of talent around the QB while the QB is on a cheap contract and give the QB every chance to grow, learn and succeed.

I am telling you that Poles took a look at this and decided to start tearing it all down, eating up all the bad cap dollars and getting things right instead.

Fields is a bust. Even if you don't think so. The guy whose opinion matters thinks so. And that's fine. Poles is going to be fix your team and you'll be glad he didn't committ to Fields.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
It should be evident to Bears fans by now that Poles isn't a bandaid/quick fix kind of GM.

The roster is lacking, as he isn't spending on mid level FA so you guys can win 8 games. He's going to get your cap right. Also, I can tell you that IF he thought anything of Fields, he would have done everything he could to put guys around him to help him win. It is is plain as day that Poles believed from day 1, that Fields isn't the man.

The Bears are eating 57 million in dead cap this season as I type this. Robert Quinn will probably be traded in season, ...adding 4 million more in dead cap, but saving 12 million more.

Maybe Eddie Jackson goes too....get all that dead money knocked out this year, while "tanking" for a much better QB prospect.

I see some of you.....trying to find some far fetched justifications about this upcoming season....about Fields developing.... That's delusional thinking. You don't go eating 57 million in cap, hire a defensive minded HC, if you think your young QB is legit and ascending and you are ready to start trying to compete. The evidences says you are in the midst of a teardown and cap correction. Embrace it.

Poles will do a good job of building it up when it's time, but you guys are going to have to accept that it's being torn apart and that the tear down isn't even finished yet. ....should have been done after Trubisky didn't work out, instead of drafting Fields.

It sucks having to watch another QB bust out, and spend an entire season of football, essentially waiting for it to pass, so you can get on with the NEXT year...but that's where you are. You'll be better for it since Poles is going to do it right. ....and you'll be happy about it 2 years from now when the evidence is there that this was the right thing to do.

Hey guys....look at me! I'm right again.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fields is a bust because when you believe your young, but unproven QB IS NOT a bust, you do what Philly did and bring in a ton of talent around the QB while the QB is on a cheap contract and give the QB every chance to grow, learn and succeed.

I am telling you that Poles took a look at this and decided to start tearing it all down, eating up all the bad cap dollars and getting things right instead.

Fields is a bust. Even if you don't think so. The guy whose opinion matters thinks so. And that's fine. Poles is going to be fix your team and you'll be glad he didn't committ to Fields.
?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Imagine not being able to see a very distinct difference in the resources and talent philly already had in place prior to the Brown trade, and what the bears had to work with this past off-season.

Philly- 3 first round picks at wr, albeit Regor didn't work out.

Multiple established and very good offensive lineman.

Bears- no talent along the offensive line, very little at wr, limited cap space and draft capital.

One of these things is not like the other...

Poles couldn't go "all in" if he wanted too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hey guys....look at me! I'm right again.

Sure you are.
giphy.gif

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
The rebuilding thing is a total farce in the nfl. Dumb fans buy into it. Maybe one year at the most but time and time again teams turn it around with a simple coaching change. Rebuilds don’t last years. Fine if you want to buy into that this year. But if the bears don’t make the playoffs next year or get within 1 game of it then this GM/coaching staff isn’t it.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

I'm not going to read the next 4 pages of response to this old thread but a couple of points before I move on. 1 - obviously a troll and not a Bears fan and 2 - you were wrong a many/most of your predictions. Bye