dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They schemed to neutralize our pass rush anyways. Love was getting rid of the ball very quickly. It is game plans like that which will help CW.
If only we had Matt LaFleur calling plays for us. That dude is top 3-5 in football as a play caller.

Lets hope Shane can match him or come close to it.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I actually walked away thinking Fields is done. He just played his last game as a Bear.

I toyed with the idea of the haul later but felt Williams is just too damn good to pass.

He’s the haul.
That finish of the season was a huge disappointment.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears aren’t as good as they were during that stretch and not as bad as they were when pedo-Allen was in charge. They are somewhere in the middle. I do think Byard is a big upgrade at fs, and they will probably be a top 15 defense.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Most good defense happens in spurts these days. It is really, really hard to continuously shut down the other team. Taking the ball away from playoff teams was a combination of luck and opportunism, and it would be great if there was another pass rusher added to the mix through the draft that can help make those spurts of success last a little longer.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears aren’t as good as they were during that stretch and not as bad as they were when pedo-Allen was in charge. They are somewhere in the middle. I do think Byard is a big upgrade at fs, and they will probably be a top 15 defense.
The 13 picks during that stretch were crazy and incredibly difficult to replicate. Talk about a heater…

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He does mention the Lions. How many points did they give up the last week of the season?
Enough to lose.

GB could have scored 20 more if the Bears had been spotted a lead. The D didn't stop GB all day.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Enough to lose.

GB could have scored 20 more if the Bears had been spotted a lead. The D didn't stop GB all day.
They forced a fumble and recovered it. I’m pretty sure that’s a stop.

If the offense had done anything, they could have won the game. They couldn’t manage a single touchdown.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why filling in the gaps with draft picks is so necessary. Can't keep on the FA binge.
Shit, if only the Bears had some flick-of-the-switch way of stocking up on multiple skilled players quickly, like, I don't know, like some sort of Haul!(TM) . . .

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They forced a fumble and recovered it. I’m pretty sure that’s a stop.

If the offense had done anything, they could have won the game. They couldn’t manage a single touchdown.
Yes. The offense was terrible. But that doesn't mean the defense had a good game by any means. Both can be true.