The Bears have never fired a coach in season. If you are Ryan pace, do you make history to try to save your ass?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Who takes over? Who is this magical coach on the staff that fixes things? Or are you talking about someone outside the organization?

I mean all the offense staff is complicit in my mind. So not sure how switching one idiot for another really helps?

Oh I would fire Nagy in a hearbeat if I had the authority.

But not for any "magic" or even "fixing things" like winning but more for re-establishing right mindsets.

Give interim job to Mike Pettine who has HC experience and start getting the culture back to just normal NFL life so the new guy doesn't have to deal with the dumpster fires that is looming after losses like this where it is clear guys have stopped giving a fuck. This shit is ready to blow.

Culture matters, and Nagy has always been overrated in that regard by his defenders.

Hell, it was even confirmed by that chick who does sports in Chicago that Club Dub is only tolerated and has long been mocked by players behind Nagy's back for being as stupid as most of us knew it was. It's fake and awkward as hell in there.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace is smart he will dump Nagy, who misrepresented himself and has done nothing but over promise & underdeliver. Nagy fooled everybody. They knowingly took a risk hiring a guy with such little experience as an OC/calling plays (3-3 in 6 games with incredible KC talent), and ZERO Head Coaching experience at ANY level. That was a reach hire. Fine.

I don't see why there's such hesitance to admit it failed and make the move asap.

This couple shouldn't stay together for the sake of the kids or those outside the house. It's doing more help. Nagy's metaphorically abusive & categorically neglectful to this roster.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think the only chance Pace has to save his job at this point is to fire Nagy at the bye and have a winning record the 2nd half of the season. Not just a winning record but it has to feel like Fields is going to be our long term answer. If both of those things happen he might get the chance to hire one more coach.

I think they have to lose both of the next two games for it to be a possibility. However, if they win this week without Nagy and then lose when he comes back that might do it as well.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
It would be a good tactical move if the owners are just dead set against it.

We need to do something bc it’s possible with this roster that a lot of coaches won’t come here if Pace is the GM.

If he doesn’t leave then nothing matters bc he’ll hire Britney appears as next head coach