The Bears lost and I don't care

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
This isn't a playoff team. It's a competitive team with a QB that averages one turnover a game. Enjoy the season for what it is. When the Bears win be happy. When the Bears lose just chalk it up and move on. Enjoy what you can because it was established early in the season this isn't a playoff team. No harm no foul, there's good coaches and some players who have surprised us all. Just enjoy the season for what it is and know we're better than last year.

Thats a loser mentality, esp since the bears should have one that game and be 3-3. Which would have them in the race for the second wild card.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Thats a loser mentality, esp since the bears should have one that game and be 3-3. Which would have them in the race for the second wild card.

I really just don't think they're that good. they're showing flashes and promise, but it's not consistent. I said if they couldn't take care of business against the (then-winless) Lions that they're just not the real deal yet. maybe the 2nd time they play them. maybe after the bye. yesterday though, it wasn't there.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i only care because...

1. it was the fucking lions.

2. the way they lost with foxs pathetic play not to lose coaching.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
But we're getting better and we're doing it the right way. We all knew it was gonna take time and now that we win a couple games in a row people are expecting them to be this great team. Have you guys already forgotten that we have Players that have been career journey men starting and UDFA's starting and out WR core has been hurt pretty much for every game and our o-line is a mess and our LBers are Shea McLellin and UDFA C.Jones and.................................................

No people have not forgotten, nor do I think the Bears are a playoff team. That does not take away from the fact the players did enough to win, The bullshit play calling at the end to not lose is what kills me. Bad team or not the Bears should be 3 and 3.
Know one had the Mets as a winning team, now they are 2 games away from the WS.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's done. it's in the books. I'm not mad about it. I'm with Biff, I don't care. it's not the year to care or get worked up about shit. if the Bears lost to the Cardinals in 2006 AND lost Mike Brown for the season, I would be pissed. 2010, I was actually pissed when they didn't knock the Packers out in week 17. 2011, I was pissed when Cutler broke his thumb cause Johnny Knox fucking slipped on his ass every play and coughed up balls to the other team. 2012, I was pissed Mike Tice was promoted to offensive coordinator. 2013.... well 2013 was kinda fun to watch actually, Josh McCown playing in that Ravens game hellstorm, I'll never forget that. but 2014, I was pissed about the entire team, the entire season, the entire staff, I even wanted Staley the Bear dead.

2015, they were finished in week 1. I don't care. unless they go on a winning streak and actually have a shot at the playoffs. I forgot another one from 2011, pissing away 5 winnable games with Caleb Hanie to miss the playoffs. my bad. fuck that cunt.

Reactions: WCL

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
I really just don't think they're that good. they're showing flashes and promise, but it's not consistent. I said if they couldn't take care of business against the (then-winless) Lions that they're just not the real deal yet. maybe the 2nd time they play them. maybe after the bye. yesterday though, it wasn't there.

I agree the Bears are not there yet, but yesterday they did do enough and the coaches f***ed up. How the hell do you not go for the first down and let the time run out. It was 3rd and 4th. You need to get that first and running for the third straight time up the fucking middle against 9 in the box is not going to cut it. Forte was having trouble all day running the ball, Cutler was passing it everywhere. Third and 4th is a manageable passing yardage. Then in overtime doing the same shit when the Bears where moving the ball up and down the field all game by not being conservative.

mecha

Liked Posts:
well, when they review the game I hope they make note of these mistakes.

Stafford's yardage total against the Bears defense alone is alarming. he's kind of a hail mary dickhead like Russell Wilson though, and when you have Calvin Johnson, why not right?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I could see an argument for running it on third and punting if it would have forced the lions to go the length of the field and score with only 30 seconds left and no way to stop the clock. but they had over 2 minutes and our D was a fucking joke.

but even in that case its still playing scared and playing not to lose which is BS IMO.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
botfly has been on point throughout all of these threads.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They've been far more competitive than I thought.

The only disappointment I have had this season was I really wanted to send the Lions to 0-6 rather than be the team to get Stafford back on track.

Otherwise, I am fine with a losing season because there is a lot of growth in the right areas and we stand a better shot of keeping this staff intact.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate losing, especially when you don't take chances to win. Fox badly managed that game.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Agreed.

This isn't a playoff team and most likely won't be next year.

They aren't going to the post season. Period.

So, in the bigger pictures, wins and losses don't matter except for that day.

For me this year, it's about seeing who can and can't play going forward. That's a pretty short list.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I keep telling myself Fox was not hired because he is a game day wizard like Belichek.

He was hired to fix the locker room and bring some professionalism to this team.

He has done that.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

Not, it's a realistic mentality.

They started 0-3. The likelihood of a team starting 0-3 and making the playoffs is effectively nil.

What about their performance over the last 6 games suggests this team can a) make or b) compete in the playoffs.

We are all fans. We all want the Bears to do well and succeed. We all have to live in the real world.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am just tired of watching the Bears be a bad football team.

I am tired of watching loses.

I am so tired of watching the incompetence.

So be less emotionally invested in it. I watched the game not giving one solitary fuck about whether they won or lost and I had forgotten about it 5 mins after it ended. If you care about the Bears, it will only lead to disappointment.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
No people have not forgotten, nor do I think the Bears are a playoff team. That does not take away from the fact the players did enough to win, The bullshit play calling at the end to not lose is what kills me. Bad team or not the Bears should be 3 and 3.
Know one had the Mets as a winning team, now they are 2 games away from the WS.

No, the players didn't do enough to win. If they did, they would have won.

Not getting any pressure on a QB is not doing enough to win.

Rushing for 2.9 YPC carry is not enough to win.

Dropping a ton of passing is not enough to win.

Throwing a pick in the end zone is not enough to win.

Committing penalties on every return is not enough to win.

Yes, the play calling sucked, but there's not reason that those run plays couldn't have been successful. 3 runs plays should be able to net more than 2 yards. The reason that play calling was so amplified was because the players didn't do their jobs. The interior line - particularly Grasu - was pathetic.

So, yes, officials sucked. Play calling was conservative. Players have to play. Make a few more plays and it would have rendered the officials and the bad play calling irrelevant.

Everyone is talking about the 3 runs with 2.30 left. No one is mentioning the fact that the Bears D let Detroit walk down the field and score.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I keep telling people that in the NFL, anything can happen.

Who would have expected the Chargers to lose the turnover battle in Lambeau and still almost beat the Packers? The same Chargers team that was down 21-3 at home to this same Lions team and barely pulled out a victory.