The Bears offer for Russell Wilson was FICTION

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

about a minute 50 in...

This is a new level of bullshit.

this is a general manager who is pumping out total horse crap in order to try to save his own ass, and an ownership that enabled it because they were too fucking stupid to do the right thing.

ripping my dick off and swinging it around like the torch on the Statue of Liberty right now...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So this is 100% legit, but everything else isn’t? Lol

Why don’t we just take all the rumors (that’s all they are) with a grain of salt, instead of grabbing onto the ones you prefer to support your personal narrative.

That’s not just you...it’s all of us. They aren’t giving us the real info. Everyone is guessing.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Why don’t we just take all the rumors (that’s all they are) with a grain of salt, instead of grabbing onto the ones you prefer to support your personal narrative.

That’s not just you...it’s all of us. They aren’t giving us the real info. Everyone is guessing.
Common sense man. You don’t offer a player in a trade you just restructured pushing money into later years. That’s the first sign pace all in rumor was full of shit

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, who do we trust?

Regardless of if this is true or not, this is absolutely something that the Bears beat need to throw at Pace the next time he takes questions. I want to hear Brad Biggs follow up on this. that guy aint about the bullshit.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Who cares if it’s real or not it didn’t happen is it’s irrelevant to me. Results are all that matters and these guys better hope they have enough to survive.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lol, this is so pointless, i can see why the OP is upset, he made multiple wilson posts...

at the end of the day, did fans really think the bears were going to get a good qb via free agency? pace and nagy's hopes rest on a rookie qb looking like a stud.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who cares if it’s real or not it didn’t happen is it’s irrelevant to me. Results are all that matters and these guys better hope they have enough to survive.
If true, A GM deceiving its fan base is irrelevant to you?

Rise

Liked Posts:
If true, A GM deceiving its fan base is irrelevant to you?

Well pace never said he offered all of this. But honestly him throwing some smoke is fine by me I don’t want mr honest Abe here is my plan media running the team. But like I said it’s all bs all that matters is actual transactions, and that is choosing dalton at 10-13. We will see the results I know what I think will happen.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol, this is so pointless, i can see why the OP is upset, he made multiple wilson posts...

at the end of the day, did fans really think the bears were going to get a good qb via free agency? pace and nagy's hopes rest on a rookie qb looking like a stud.

Honestly I was just keeping people up to date.

I won't lie and say I wasn't a little excited but I kept thinking that it likely was not going to happen. I just was against the people who said for sure it wasn't going to happen when we had all that buzz around it.

In truth I think anytime nailed it when he said who do you trust?

There's no one we can trust 100%, but when people are saying they talk to other people around the league, it does lend heft to their words.

frankly what this illustrates to me is just how out of date the Mom and Pop shop mentality of the mccaskey's is in the modern NFL.

You have Barbary pirate style cut throats in most of the front offices, owners who tell their head coach a while back who cheated with cameras "why did you do it if you're telling me now it wasn't effective?", And us with owners who think a firm handshake and a man's word is all you need...

I'm not saying an owner needs to be the scum of the Earth, but you at least need your own cutthroat to hold up against all the others in the league and I don't think the Bears have that. And I think they likely are the butt of jokes is everyone is nice to their face and then laughs at them behind their back; even people the mccaskeys would misguidedly call fellow friends among the owners.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well pace never said he offered all of this. But honestly him throwing some smoke is fine by me I don’t want mr honest Abe here is my plan media running the team. But like I said it’s all bs all that matters is actual transactions, and that is choosing dalton at 10-13. We will see the results I know what I think will happen.
Seems like pointless smoke to me. Leak to some people that you put together a massive package for a franchise QB, just so you can sign Andy Dalton? I just don't see how honesty or dishonesty changes signing Andy Dalton when they're the only team that was willing to make him a starter among the three teams interested.

You're right, all that matters is the transactions but imo its pretty shitty to put out bs just to make yourself look better when you ultimately let your fans down. The only person this benefits is Pace. Is doesn't benefit the Bears as an organization. Its literally just to make himself look like he's trying. Again, assuming this is true, which idk if it is.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This and now Pace has been lying? What? Nothing leaks out of HH.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Common sense man. You don’t offer a player in a trade you just restructured pushing money into later years. That’s the first sign pace all in rumor was full of shit
Did that happen before Seattle shut Pace down? I thought they met at Lance’s pro day?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Only if it's to make the team better.

If they make the team worse then it's a problem.
It just doesn't make sense. Pretending to go all-in on Wilson has no affect on what they are really up to, which in this case is signing Andy Dalton. Again, if its just to make himself look good, which Simms implies, that's garbage. Fans getting their hopes up for Wilson only makes the Dalton signing feel worse than it would have.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Or you know, the trade was denied and then he restructured.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Seems like pointless smoke to me. Leak to some people that you put together a massive package for a franchise QB, just so you can sign Andy Dalton? I just don't see how honesty or dishonesty changes signing Andy Dalton when they're the only team that was willing to make him a starter among the three teams interested.

You're right, all that matters is the transactions but imo its pretty shitty to put out bs just to make yourself look better when you ultimately let your fans down. The only person this benefits is Pace. Is doesn't benefit the Bears as an organization. Its literally just to make himself look like he's trying. Again, assuming this is true, which idk if it is.

It should be noted on the score yesterday that Lawrence Holmes basically said the same thing eisen said. that's what gives it more weight to me. Lawrence is plugged in to a lot of players and a lot of personnel in the NFL