The Bears Running Game and Mitch Trubisky

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears success is predicated on the running game.

I saw the stat when Montgomery is able to get at least 50 yards the Bears are 6-1.

It lead me to wonder what Trubisky's stats were when they could get their leading rusher at least 50 yards...

Trubisky with Montgomery running less than 50 yards

148/257 58% for 1388 yards 5TDs and 6INTs and 5.4 yards per attempt

Trubisky with Montgomery at least getting 50 yards

178/259 69% for 1733 yards 12TDs and 4INTs and 6.7 yards per attempt

Maybe there is something to getting the running game going.....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm curious and way to lazy to look it up - do last year with Howard.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Sorry, but Nagy isn't into running, aka winning.
Paraphrasing, he said "they didn't bring me here to run the ball".
Don't hold your breath, Nagy won't change.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm curious and way to lazy to look it up - do last year with Howard.

2018 Mitch without 50 yard rusher

107/170 63% 1214yards 6TDs 4 INTs 7.14 average

2018 with 50 yard rusher

181/264 69% 2009yards 18TDs 8 INTs 7.61 average

The biggest difference between last year and this year is the success in running the football.

The Bears had only 5 games where they did not have a 50 yard rusher in 2018 this year they had 9.

Nagy abandoned the run game way more often this year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears had a 23% decline rushing yards from last year and about a 10% decline in passing yards.

Last year the RBs accounted for 1,415 for a 3.83 average

This year the RBs accounted for 1,127 yards for a 3.55 average

conclusion:

...............GET A FUCKING RUNNING GAME.........

This offense is asking Mitch to do everything.......

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
2018 Mitch without 50 yard rusher

107/170 63% 1214yards 6TDs 4 INTs 7.14 average

2018 with 50 yard rusher

181/264 69% 2009yards 18TDs 8 INTs 7.61 average

The biggest difference between last year and this year is the success in running the football.

The Bears had only 5 games where they did not have a 50 yard rusher in 2018 this year they had 9.

Nagy abandoned the run game way more often this year.

Boom....
Unfortunately, Nagy doesn't give a rip, Pace is too busy hiding from the press and the McCaskey's don't care as long as the cash register rings.
Such an obvious, easy fix and Nagy is just too ******* stubborn.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy says he knows he has to get the run game going, but i dont think he really knows..

That's what I've been thinking. People keep insisting Nagy is too stubborn to run the ball. Perhaps he's so inexperienced, and relied on Childress so heavily to install the offense...that he couldn't begin to make big changes in play design on the fly during the season when he realized there was an issue.

I mean, his play calling is so disjointed it does come off like he's in over his head.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I've been thinking. People keep insisting Nagy is too stubborn to run the ball. Perhaps he's so inexperienced, and relied on Childress so heavily to install the offense...that he couldn't begin to make big changes in play design on the fly during the season when he realized there was an issue.

I mean, his play calling is so disjointed it does come off like he's in over his head.

But he saw the Bears explode with a running game out of the I formation and traditional running assignments and then he just stopped doing it until the second half of the Minnesota game.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
But he saw the Bears explode with a running game out of the I formation and traditional running assignments and then he just stopped doing it until the second half of the Minnesota game.
First, they had a few select plays with the I formation. Not an entire offense built on it. So it would be impossible to "just keep doing it" as the offense. You install an offense in the off-season.
Second...did any of you see the creative ways they were using Holtz after that first I formation game? Little by little they were adding things.

But ppl who expected Nagy to just simply roll out the John Fox offense mid season just show their lack of football knowledge...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First, they had a few select plays with the I formation. Not an entire offense built on it. So it would be impossible to "just keep doing it" as the offense. You install an offense in the off-season.
Second...did any of you see the creative ways they were using Holtz after that first I formation game? Little by little they were adding things.

But ppl who expected Nagy to just simply roll out the John Fox offense mid season just show their lack of football knowledge...
pretty cool of Nagy to show his football knowledge about running the ball twice a season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

They could have put more emphasis on a pro style running attack and kept using traditional play action passing.

They completely abandoned it for a few games after it was working.