Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am 50/50 on Mustipher.

He played well for a guy off the PR, but there is a big leap from surprising us after not making the 53 and holding down the job for 17 games.
He was an average player but had the fine points of the position down and helped the guys around him play better.
Yeah i also liked what i saw from him, just wanna see more and against better competition.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
1) Yes

2) He's better than 'just a guy' but I don't think he's as good as many here do, given his success came at a point late in the season against back ups and zombified starters who are beaten up that time of year.

3) Yes.

4) TBD.

5) Yes.

6) Yes.

7) Yes.

8) Define 'meaningful.' Some premier slot/#3 WRs get 1000 yards. I'm not counting on that. But 500-600 yards from a 3rd WR? I'll say no especially if Jimmy Graham is still around.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Feel free to predict your answers and give rationales if you are feeling... dangerous.

1. Can Tevin Jenkins be a fixture at LT?

I think he'll be a top 10 LT, but could have been a top 5 RT. The issue is which is the better value? So, my man ihop Jenkins is going to be fine.
2. Is Sam Mustipher just a guy?

Yes. I don't think he starts the year as the C. He's not one of the 5 best O linemen on the team.
3. Is Daniels worth a long term deal?

I'd really like to see him move back to C first. Let's put a nasty dude like Eiselin at G, but, if he's a G and can't redeem himself at C, he needs to play lights out. As of now, I think he hasn't been available enough to answer this and we all know that you can't fall in love with potential. You marry the actual.
4. Do we have a long term RT on the team?

Trick question. I think we drafted our RT of the future and have Ifedi, so we are good there. Ifedi was a first round pick. He may get it together.

5. Do we have a TE who can impact the passing game?
Yes.

6. Is Fields ready to contribute in 2021?
The legend will begin the moment they let him.

7. Does Mooney take a big step and become a dominant #2?

I think Mooney is going to abuse DBs with his comeback route. They are going to play off of him and it'll be murder. He's going to bank one long td per game and the rest of the corp is going to feast. So, yeah, Mooney is cash money!
8. Do any of the depth WRs contribute in a meaningful role?

Don't sleep on Miller. Cohen is going to be a nightmare to cover.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole OL is wait and see. There’s a lot of “ifs” there but a lot of potential too.

I loved the Jenkins pick. At the time I was pretty sure they’d keep Leno one more year and TJ would be a stalwart fixture at RT. I didn’t know about his situation at LT in college which makes me feel a little better about plugging him in there but it’s risky.

Whitehair is solid and a possible Pro Bowler if he can stick at LG.

Mustipher is interesting. ND OL’s are well coached and he seems like a smart guy as the OL looked much more in sync with him making the line calls. But he doesn’t seem like a tough guy or an athletic specimen. So he may just be a guy but I’ll take it. Kruetz was the last reliable C the Bears have had. So if Sam can bring stability to the position then I think it’s ok if he just a guy.

Daniels has played well at times and not so much at others. He’s athletic and young. I still think he can grow into a good player.

Ifedi was a JAG at RT and shit at RG. Hoping Borom can take that job and be the long term RT but that’s just hope. Maybe going into the off-season as the first team RT will help Ifedi.

There is no depth at LT. That is definitely worrisome especially if Jenkins is up to task.

If all “ifs” on the OL fall the Bears way then the rest of the O will come together and I’d expect good to big years from Fields, Mooney, and Kmet along with Robinson, Monty and even Cohen. If the OL is a mess again, which is a distinct possibility, then everyone suffers.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Don't see why not. If he's just average or slightly better then he'll be a fixture.

What does this mean? He seems to add a lot as a leader and a guy who make the call on the line, which is valuable. Is that just a guy? If he fills the position adequately is that just a guy, and is that something worth replacing?

Remains to be seen based on both his play and his asking price.

I think people are sleeping on Ifedi. He's got as much of a chance at being a long term starter (albeit just a decent one) as Larry Borom.

Two of them. Kmet isn't dynamic but is enough of a threat. Graham will remain a danger in the red zone (hopefully not on the field between the 20s).

Undoubtedly. If he doesn't start the season it won't take long for them to put him in.

Yes, maybe more.

What is "meaningful?" Having a capable 3rd option that doesn't get a lot of value is meaningful but maybe not all that impactful.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Possibly but I think even if he plays LT this year that eventually the Bears will get a more classic LT and he moves to RT long term.

Probably. Will beed to upgrade C next year IMO.

Nope unless he takes a huge step. Otherwise you replace with cheaper talent until you find someone with Pro Bowl potential. Daniels is just an average to slightly above average OL.

Yes because I think it will be Jenkins unless Borom really shines.

Kmet will be a dependable target but we are missing a guy that can stretch the field.

Yes. He will have a Herbert lite rookie year.

Yes especially if ARob sticks around and Fields answers the call.

Yes. Goodwin and Bryd add speed backing up on the outside and Dazz and Cohen will hold down the slot. I think Miller will also be motivated as he is playing for his career right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't see why not. If he's just average or slightly better then he'll be a fixture.

What does this mean? He seems to add a lot as a leader and a guy who make the call on the line, which is valuable. Is that just a guy? If he fills the position adequately is that just a guy, and is that something worth replacing?

Remains to be seen based on both his play and his asking price.

I think people are sleeping on Ifedi. He's got as much of a chance at being a long term starter (albeit just a decent one) as Larry Borom.

Two of them. Kmet isn't dynamic but is enough of a threat. Graham will remain a danger in the red zone (hopefully not on the field between the 20s).

Undoubtedly. If he doesn't start the season it won't take long for them to put him in.

Yes, maybe more.

What is "meaningful?" Having a capable 3rd option that doesn't get a lot of value is meaningful but maybe not all that impactful.
I think the goal on the OL needs to be better than "adequate" if we want to maximize Fields.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dream of putting Fields behind one of the better OLs in the league.

Imagine

LT: Jenkins
LG: Whitehair
C: 2nd round
RG: Borom
RT: Ramcyck [5 years 80 million]

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Imagine

I wouldn't argue with that, though I wouldn't write off Mustipher yet. If he can be an average overall player who excels at making calls on the line and organizing the group, that wouldn't be something I'd be itching to replace.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Imagine

Potentially great run blocking line there. But I will say, if Pace is still here and Mustipher doesn't work out, I'd imagine they'd go the FA route at C having tried Whitehair, Daniels and Mustipher there as young draft picks/UDFAs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Potentially great run blocking line there. But I will say, if Pace is still here and Mustipher doesn't work out, I'd imagine they'd go the FA route at C having tried Whitehair, Daniels and Mustipher there as young draft picks/UDFAs.
That is a good point. He has not really been able to add that long term C.

Ryan Jensen from the Bucs would be a nice add. He brings a ton of nasty to the position.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think he'll be a top 10 LT, but could have been a top 5 RT. The issue is which is the better value? So, my man ihop Jenkins is going to be fine.

Yes. I don't think he starts the year as the C. He's not one of the 5 best O linemen on the team.

I'd really like to see him move back to C first. Let's put a nasty dude like Eiselin at G, but, if he's a G and can't redeem himself at C, he needs to play lights out. As of now, I think he hasn't been available enough to answer this and we all know that you can't fall in love with potential. You marry the actual.

Trick question. I think we drafted our RT of the future and have Ifedi, so we are good there. Ifedi was a first round pick. He may get it together.

Yes.

The legend will begin the moment they let him.

I think Mooney is going to abuse DBs with his comeback route. They are going to play off of him and it'll be murder. He's going to bank one long td per game and the rest of the corp is going to feast. So, yeah, Mooney is cash money!

Don't sleep on Miller. Cohen is going to be a nightmare to cover.
So you are saying that Mooney is going to have at least 17 long TDs, not just 17 TDs, but 17 long TDs in 2021? So he will probably get another 13 shorter TDs so 30+ TDs for Mooney?

I love it, though I don't believe it.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
That is a good point. He has not really been able to add that long term C.

Ryan Jensen from the Bucs would be a nice add. He brings a ton of nasty to the position.
Jensen is phenomenal. He'll be 31 next year, but I'd imagine he will be the highest paid C in the league in 2022. I could see him getting the same contract you gave Ramzcyk.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Feel free to predict your answers and give rationales if you are feeling... dangerous.

Definitely think so. I think the talent and drive is there. He'll have to learn to play against top NFL talent through the year. He's going to lose some battles, more than a vet fixture, but it's the process.

No. Many Bear coaches and former players have assessed him well. That's what I'm going by. He's young, he can develop into a better pass blocking C. Right now he's a good leader making good calls. He's a very positive developing player.

I would NOT jump the gun on Daniels. If he turns out very good this year or next, then pay him market. Don't gamble on him.

Magic 8ball says, "you'll have to wait". I'm not optimistic.

Who's the LT backup to Jenkins? Is it Bars?

Ifedi can do RT, but he's obviously not impressive. Borom we're assuming will compete to start. Can't assume he's going to start without a lot of rookie bumps. Can Bars or Eiselen play RT (315-322lbs)? They're close enough. I think we'll have avg guys avl for RT.

Kmet has a lot of developing to do. I don't think he has the speed to be an impactful pass catcher, but then again if accuracy improves a lot with Dalton and Fields, than he does make a catch zone (block out the defender) well enough.

I think with a better QB, Grahm will make a much larger passing impact this year. He's not as fast as his All-pro years, but he still has the moves, lankiness and wingspan to make a ton of catches.

Jasper might be able to make an impact in the passing game with better passing too. I don't really see anyone else.

Yes. Nagy is starting Dalton. And I think Dalton can produce. But I hope Fields is so impressive Nagy changes his mind.

Absolutely. Dalton and more so Fields will light Mooney up, in a good way.

Cohen can be an excellent Slot receiver. Goodwin, Byrd and Dazz have some good speed, can stretch the field and produce.

Hopefully Miller will learn to fully do the job of WR properly: block, play to the whistle, two hands, etc, and be as productive as his talent and passion.

Again with more accurate passing, I think Ridley, as a possession receiver may show.

As a group, I think Nagy has to tools to do whatever he wants, disguise and be dynamic. Hopefully he'll also learn to stick with what's working over trying to "surprise" the defense.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
So you are saying that Mooney is going to have at least 17 long TDs, not just 17 TDs, but 17 long TDs in 2021? So he will probably get another 13 shorter TDs so 30+ TDs for Mooney?

I love it, though I don't believe it.

Fuck yeah!!!!!!

Bear the fuck down!

And, why not?