The Book on Matt Nagy

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
They have a mid-round WR, a very good TE, and a mid-round RB. Other than that they have nobodies at the skill positions. Albert Wilson is their other starting WR.

I think you are downplaying that talent. Mid round RB?? Lol, you mean the league leading rusher and a boatload of all purpose yards? And good TE?? Lol, I think you mean the 2nd best (I’d argue the best based on availability compared to Gronk) TE in the league?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think you are downplaying that talent. Mid round RB?? Lol, you mean the league leading rusher and a boatload of all purpose yards? And good TE?? Lol, I think you mean the 2nd best (I’d argue the best based on availability compared to Gronk) TE in the league?

So a very good TE and a very good rookie 3rd round RB, a special teams star, plus nobody else you'd have ever heard of before this year began? That really isn't all that great. Certainly not great enough to argue that the overall success of the offense wasn't due in part to the OC's scheme.

And the point I think, is that not many GMs thought players like KAreem Hunt or Tyreek Hill were world beaters, or they would have probably been selected higher.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

A lot of guys get up there and puff their chest or something and change. But (here) you’re just like, ‘Same old Nags.’ Still laid back and having fun, loves what he’s doing, loves ball,

hmmmmmm-where-have-i-heard-that-before.jpg

BEARS

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
So a very good TE and a very good rookie 3rd round RB, a special teams star, plus nobody else you'd have ever heard of before this year began? That really isn't all that great. Certainly not great enough to argue that the overall success of the offense wasn't due in part to the OC's scheme.

And the point I think, is that not many GMs thought players like KAreem Hunt or Tyreek Hill were world beaters, or they would have probably been selected higher.

An Elite TE. the NFL Leading rusher who can catch and run routes, probably the most explosive WR in the NFL who had 75 catches 1183 yards in 15 games and a return star and a good oline.

I believe Nagy will improve this offense, but to dismiss the weapons he had is dumb. We need more talent on offense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
An Elite TE. the NFL Leading rusher who can catch and run routes, probably the most explosive WR in the NFL who had 75 catches 1183 yards in 15 games and a return star and a good oline.

I believe Nagy will improve this offense, but to dismiss the weapons he had is dumb. We need more talent on offense.

We definitely need more talent on offense. Kelce is very good, no doubt. But those other guys were never considered special talents until this year. And each has had one great year, with Nagy. So how can you say that either would have done so well without the offensive system?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This is correct.

We can steal there slot WR Albert Wilson who is a versatile 4.4 guy who they use a ton.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This is correct.

We can steal there slot WR Albert Wilson who is a versatile 4.4 guy who they use a ton.

No one had a clue who Albert Wilson was until halfway through this year. He's been a decent player. He average about 3 catches on 5 targets a game this year, the best year of his career.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does Nagy call slants at all?

He knows you can't call slants against man/zone coverage, right?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
My very uneducated worry is that Nagy with develop Trubisky into Alex Smith. I’m hiping Trubisky becomes more of a dynamic QB, more like Wentz.

So my hope is that Nagy incorporates enough of that deep passing game we saw at points this year in KC and we don’t get a dink and dunk Shoop like offense.

Just the mere mention of Schoop makes me do a Curly.

Curly.jpg

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

What are you talking about?? Who cares what round they were drafted? Year aren’t prospects anymore, they are actual NFL players. It doesn’t matter that no one thought Hunt would be so good, what matters is that he IS so good. He proved it this year.

What does draft status have to do with anything about that argument??

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about?? Who cares what round they were drafted? Year aren’t prospects anymore, they are actual NFL players. It doesn’t matter that no one thought Hunt would be so good, what matters is that he IS so good. He proved it this year.

What does draft status have to do with anything about that argument??

You said it's easy to create mismatches with the talent they have. I think their skill position talent is solid, but not anywhere close to elite. There are probably 10 teams whose skill position players I'd rather have, maybe more. Because of this, I think their success had a good deal to do with scheme.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Howard & Cohen will be a lot of help for Trubisky this upcoming season.