The bright side to Week 1 in the NFL

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The bears did not suffer any serious injuries...
around the league however
titans walker TE out for year
falcons neal S, jones MLB out for year
pats hill RB, out for year

and thank god the bears didnt hire matt patricia...

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports Lions veterans were "griping" about new coach Matt Patricia during training camp.

Specifically, the "number of rules put in place" and "how hard he worked them" during the summer. The Lions, of course, got blown out of the building in Patricia's debut on Monday. It will be a dynamic to watch as the season unfolds. Ex-Bill Belichick assistants have a way of flying too close to the sun trying to implement his ways elsewhere.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
This place is seriously depressing. It sucks we lost. Everybody understands that. But if you don't think we're in a better place right now than last year, or the year before, or the year before.. then you're just a pessimist. Give Trubisky and Nagy more than one game before you make completely irrational assumptions.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the progression of trubs and this offense as the season goes along and hope our defense can carry us in the interim. Our D is gonna be fun to watch and could be scary good.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Despite the soul crushing loss after being up 20-0, I still think Nagy had the best showing of all the new coaches. Pretty much every other new comer was blown out or their team looked like shit. At least the Bears showed glimpses of being a good football team.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Despite the soul crushing loss after being up 20-0, I still think Nagy had the best showing of all the new coaches. Pretty much every other new comer was blown out or their team looked like shit. At least the Bears showed glimpses of being a good football team.

I agree. I honestly thought that Nagy was going to lean heavily on the traditional route of running the ball and Defense INITIALLY until the offense had a couple of games to gel, but the reality is that approach has not worked well for us in recent history, I'm glad he went with the Nagy way (even though he should have ran on 3rd and 1).

We looked VERY good for a half of the game and actually SHOULD have won that game, unlike all the other first time coaches.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I came down from all my anger and overreaction. If someone would've told me that the Bears would only lose by 1 in Lambeau beforehand, I would've called them crazy. Lots of great glimpses. Adjustments need to be made, but not major ones. This is going to be a fun season

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Patricia will be a failure, and not be in Detroit for long. Stafford is going to miss Caldwell.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
I would like to also mention that (while I agree we should have run on that 3rd down.. and on 4th down in my opinion), in the 2nd quarter we were stuffed on 3rd and short with a Howard run up the middle. So while we all point out what should have been done differently on that play, it should be noted he tried earlier in the game and it failed. Personally, I think Nagy will learn from this game and get better. He definitely exudes intelligence and confidence and he will he the first to admit growing pains will be expected even from his end.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well the bright side for me is that my wife isn't pressing charges for the domestic abuse that occurred after that last touchdown to Cobb. I really put a socking to her face. It looks like insurance will cover the damage to a couple of the items in my house, because I did spring for the 'Overly Emotional Sports Enthusiast' protection. With any luck, I should have a new television by Monday night.

I guess the worst part is that my dog pisses in a corner anytime he sees me now.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Well the bright side for me is that my wife isn't pressing charges for the domestic abuse that occurred after that last touchdown to Cobb. I really put a socking to her face. It looks like insurance will cover the damage to a couple of the items in my house, because I did spring for the 'Overly Emotional Sports Enthusiast' protection. With any luck, I should have a new television by Monday night.

I guess the worst part is that my dog pisses in a corner anytime he sees me now.

Gus, don't ever change. :lmao:

Rainmaker1600

Liked Posts:
I've been a member here for 3yrs, and in the cbmb.. Don't think I've ever posted, but really excited about Nagy and his offense. I've coached basketball at the hs varsity level and a little college as a head coach and assistant. The one thing I recall is it takes time to gel. When players feel comfortable in a system they don't think as much and know what to look for. Watching Mitchell during the first two drives and his level of focus is something to behold. He showed a lot of inexperience at the end of the game, but he's got the tools. Give it time, he'll make us proud.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I've been a member here for 3yrs, and in the cbmb.. Don't think I've ever posted, but really excited about Nagy and his offense. I've coached basketball at the hs varsity level and a little college as a head coach and assistant. The one thing I recall is it takes time to gel. When players feel comfortable in a system they don't think as much and know what to look for. Watching Mitchell during the first two drives and his level of focus is something to behold. He showed a lot of inexperience at the end of the game, but he's got the tools. Give it time, he'll make us proud.
Troll?

Tostada

Liked Posts:

Omg...hilarious

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t blame anyone who’s spent the past few days disappointed or angry. It’s completely understandable under the circumstances.

But it’s now Wednesday, the first day of the NFL work week. I’m on to Seattle.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Agree. On the radio nationally this morning, they were ruminating on which new coach is most likely to make the playoffs. They pretty unanimously agreed Frank Reich in the AFC because of Luck, and Matt Nagy in the NFC, because the Bears have a legitimately impressive roster.

Now, that means all of jack shit, but it shows that while we felt that Bears loss as soul-crushing, a lot of the country saw that Bears loss as a sign that the Bears are back as contenders.

From the local radio here in Kansas City and also the national syndications I’ve listened to, people are *more* believers of the Bears than they were before Sunday night. I expected to go to work Monday morning and get some good-natured ribbing making fun of the Bears, as I often do from the Chiefs fans. Instead, they were like, “Damn, man. The Bears looked good!”

Point being, it’s easy to miss the forest for the trees after a loss like Sunday night. But it showed that real, actual progress is being made. The evidence is there. Others see it. It’s time we do too.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wonder if people would be so vocal if the loss wasn't in lambeau to the packers on SNF? But you're absolutely correct. Week 1 showed so much where the team has improved AND areas of where improvement is needed.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
It just better not be like last year, where we were a few yards away from beating the defending NFC Champs and a really good team in Atlanta, only to turn around the next week and get blown out by a terrible Tampa Bay squad.

This team, simply put, needs to start turning these close losses into wins. It was a huge issue last year, and they still haven't cleared that hurdle as of yet.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree. On the radio nationally this morning, they were ruminating on which new coach is most likely to make the playoffs. They pretty unanimously agreed Frank Reich in the AFC because of Luck, and Matt Nagy in the NFC, because the Bears have a legitimately impressive roster.

Now, that means all of jack shit, but it shows that while we felt that Bears loss as soul-crushing, a lot of the country saw that Bears loss as a sign that the Bears are back as contenders.

From the local radio here in Kansas City and also the national syndications I’ve listened to, people are *more* believers of the Bears than they were before Sunday night. I expected to go to work Monday morning and get some good-natured ribbing making fun of the Bears, as I often do from the Chiefs fans. Instead, they were like, “Damn, man. The Bears looked good!”

Point being, it’s easy to miss the forest for the trees after a loss like Sunday night. But it showed that real, actual progress is being made. The evidence is there. Others see it. It’s time we do too.

Same here out in Seachicken country

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
One more kick in the nuts is Bears should have won this game, set a huge tone for the season, all while getting out of Green Bay without any major injuries.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;SJUhlRoBL8M]https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M[/video]