The bright side to Week 1 in the NFL

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Agree. On the radio nationally this morning, they were ruminating on which new coach is most likely to make the playoffs. They pretty unanimously agreed Frank Reich in the AFC because of Luck, and Matt Nagy in the NFC, because the Bears have a legitimately impressive roster.

Now, that means all of jack shit, but it shows that while we felt that Bears loss as soul-crushing, a lot of the country saw that Bears loss as a sign that the Bears are back as contenders.

From the local radio here in Kansas City and also the national syndications I’ve listened to, people are *more* believers of the Bears than they were before Sunday night. I expected to go to work Monday morning and get some good-natured ribbing making fun of the Bears, as I often do from the Chiefs fans. Instead, they were like, “Damn, man. The Bears looked good!”

Point being, it’s easy to miss the forest for the trees after a loss like Sunday night. But it showed that real, actual progress is being made. The evidence is there. Others see it. It’s time we do too.

I live in Maryland and work in DC, and I got the same response from both Ravens and Redskins fans at work.