The Carimi benching might be the end for him

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over reaction. Scott is very old and Webb sucks. Carimi is on this roster and will be in competiton for a tackle job next year, and he will work his butt off all off-season to be better.

Young player, rookie mistakes, rookie physical readiness and stupid decision to lose weight. Bad knee. Next year for Carimi. Worry about adding a new Center and LT. Let Webb and Carimi battle out RT, where they both should be.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
He got benched in the first half and then had to come in when Scott got hurt late.

I do not remember that. He was playing G then slid to RT after the injury there and Spencer came in at G. After that I don't know what happened. Sure as hell don't remember him being benched.

The announcers even mentioned that.

MrSeeEveryone

Liked Posts:
I'll give Carimi a pass this year considering he couldn't work out much in the off-season this past year because of knee surgery. Now if he comes into the 2013 season out of shape and ends up playing like shit next year (stupid penalties, getting rolled, etc.) then I would think differently.

Also, remember who his coaches are.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Over reaction. Scott is very old and Webb sucks. Carimi is on this roster and will be in competiton for a tackle job next year, and he will work his butt off all off-season to be better.

Young player, rookie mistakes, rookie physical readiness and stupid decision to lose weight. Bad knee. Next year for Carimi. Worry about adding a new Center and LT. Let Webb and Carimi battle out RT, where they both should be.

Have you not figured out that every player on the Bears is the worst player ever at their repective positions.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad knee is bad...before we picked him. Half a rookie game to confirm it, last year. What else is new?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
He got benched in the first half and then had to come in when Scott got hurt late.
I do not remember that. He was playing G then slid to RT after the injury there and Spencer came in at G. After that I don't know what happened. Sure as hell don't remember him being benched.

The announcers even mentioned that.

Hmm... so was Carimi benched? Or did Carimi just slide to RT when Scott was hurt. If it's the later, what a waste of a thread.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Hmm... so was Carimi benched? Or did Carimi just slide to RT when Scott was hurt. If it's the later, what a waste of a thread.

That is what I am trying to figure out. The announcers even mentioned it when they slid him over to RT when Scott got hurt. Or is it people making shit up to push their agenda?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Another JA draft bust... and we are paying for it.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:

This. Continuing to draft over and over again when a player struggles won't fix the problem. Carimi's been pretty brutal, however he's coming off a significant injury with no time to build up significant lower body strength over the offseason. Hopefully he trains hard over the offseason, and comes in next year as an improved player next year as we can't simply replace an entire O-Line over an offseason. Some existing guys need to step up, and Carimi needs to be one of those guys.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
This. Carimi wasn't benched... wtf.

That is what I thought. I think it was just people making up stuff to push their agenda like I said earlier. That is unless I missed something.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I thought Aikman said something about Carimi being on the sideline and it wasn't for an injury.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Wow there are a bunch of butthurt and angry people on this forum.

the butthurt in my opinion is not so strong tonight. I think we all saw this coming.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
uhh? he slid over to RT when Scott was hurt. Spencer in at RG. Scott comes back at RT, Spencer stays at RG.

whatever you want to call it he was on the sidelines without an injury and Spencer was playing his RG spot. Benched? For sure. and the announcers DID talk about it....

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It is better now but right after the game, good god.

glad i missed it. the butthurt has to subside by now. I mean clearly it's turned into nostalgic mourning