The Carmelo Anthony Thread: Rumors And Discussion

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Yeah start to pressure him to take less money.

I have to think that James has set the wheels in motion for other things and the Bulls are smart to wait and see how the next few moves play out. Every team looking for FAs and with players to trade were waiting to see where he would end up because that meant either Miami or Cleveland would then make secondary moves. Anthony is a little different as if he stays in NY, they don't make more trades and if he comes to the Bulls in a S&T that's their only big move.

If Bosh goes to Houston and they match for Parsons they would have 5 PFs on the roster and it means Dallas has an opening at the 3 or could they play Boozer and Nowitzke at the same time.

If Cleveland does want to trade for Love, Minnesota would be getting a bunch of young players and might have too many at the 2-3 as they just drafted 2 players there, could they take Boozer for Kevin Martin, or Chase Budinger or somebody else.

The Lakers were looking to move Steve Nash now they have Jeremy Lin so could they take Boozer, maybe send Nash to the Knicks as part of an Anthony S&T?

Now that players will start to sign, I think the Bulls have laid the groundwork for a variety of moves depending on how things start to fall.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Chicago Bulls are gauging interest with free agent Dwyane Wade, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I think this sounds like the Bulls have been informed they are out of it. Carmelo needs to make his decision today or the Bulls need to move on.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

How do you get them to show up like that? I see the tweet tags but do you just copy and paste?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this sounds like the Bulls have been informed they are out of it. Carmelo needs to make his decision today or the Bulls need to move on.
If the Bulls are out of it, why the heck doesn't he just say he's resigning with the Knicks? There's no other options to decide on then

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls are out of it, why the heck doesn't he just say he's resigning with the Knicks? There's no other options to decide on then

I'm speculating about all of this obviously, but he wants his own day to have all the news about him. He doesn't want to be in LeBron's shadow.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm speculating about all of this obviously, but he wants his own day to have all the news about him. He doesn't want to be in LeBron's shadow.
Honestly he wouldn't even get a day for returning to the Knicks, that's not newsworthy. He's wasting his time if that's the reasoning.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Honestly he wouldn't even get a day for returning to the Knicks, that's not newsworthy. He's wasting his time if that's the reasoning.

Very true. But I'm starting to veer into the dark side. It's just been so long.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im reaching dangerous levels of optimism

realgm has filled my head up

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
What spurred all the love to cavs talk? A manufactured rumor or actual facts?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
What spurred all the love to cavs talk? A manufactured rumor or actual facts?

It's all talk, but
1. the Wolves know they're not winniing anything this year. So getting young, good players quickly is the best way for them to rise...
2. Cavs are now built to win. No need to wait on Wiggins to get great.
3. Cavs have tons of ammunition with 3 first round picks next year. Wiggins and 1 pick/ Thompson or Wiggins and 2 first rounders for Love might do it if Love would be willing to sign a deal.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
It's all talk, but
1. the Wolves know they're not winniing anything this year. So getting young, good players quickly is the best way for them to rise...
3. Cavs have tons of ammunition with 3 first round picks next year. Wiggins and 1 pick/ Thompson or Wiggins and 2 first rounders for Love might do it if Love would be willing to sign a deal.

But where does the money come from?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
It's all talk, but

Also, I thought that the Rookies couldn't be traded because they were signed recently, or something.

DCguy

Liked Posts:

czman

Liked Posts:
Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo · 4m
In regards to a decision for Knicks free agent forward Carmelo Anthony, a source said: "It's coming... Not today."

How can anyone be this attention starved? He puts out a tease. He knows what he wants. He is just being an attention whore...... punk.