1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
"this is very tough" ? hmmm

not trying to read into that....but i think it leans in our favor

The Knicks laid out 5 contract offers, including one being a max contract.

Melo hasn't responded to Phil Jackson since their meeting a week ago.

It's clear as day to me that he wants to leave.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

$30 million is a lot of money to leave behind, Foosh.... I just hope he chooses us.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Then why hasn't he said shit? Unless there's a convoluted 3-team trade being constructed, he should just announce he's coming here if he truly doesn't care about getting the full max. This is beyond ridiculous now. A decision better be made tomorrow.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then why hasn't he said shit? Unless there's a convoluted 3-team trade being constructed, he should just announce he's coming here if he truly doesn't care about getting the full max. This is beyond ridiculous now. A decision better be made tomorrow.

Maybe, I don't know all of the details and Anthony is the only one who does.

[video=youtube;5Ay5GqJwHF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ay5GqJwHF8[/video]

I have faith in GarPax to get this done.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
$30 million is a lot of money to leave behind, Foosh.... I just hope he chooses us.

I don't understand when all the talking heads especially our own (Carmen/Jurko/Waddle/Silvy/Fredell) bring this up. I am pretty sure when that came up in pitch that they said at the end of the contract he would get what he is missing out on ie... what they did for Jordan at the end giving him the 30mil when he left. Even Pippen got paid well at the end.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
If there is an offer of a sign and trade on the table that includes Mirotic, Boozer's expiring contract, and picks, Phil Jackson would be a moron to turn it down.
I don't think that Mirotic should be included. Most sign-and-trades have limited assets going out.

Boozer & a couple picks should be all that's needed.

I don't understand when all the talking heads especially our own (Carmen/Jurko/Waddle/Silvy/Fredell) bring this up.

Unfortunately, we have some dumb talking heads representing Chicago on the radio. Out of that group, Waddle is the only one that has a grasp on common sense.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I don't think that Mirotic should be included. Most sign-and-trades have limited assets going out.

Unfortunately, we have some dumb talking heads representing Chicago on the radio. Out of that group, Waddle is the only one that has a grasp on common sense.

I'd love to see Mirotic stay...I see your point, but if he must be included, I say do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Agree, unfortunately, on the first part of this, although I think Waddle is one of the worst. He's too busy being PC and worrying about hurting any athletes' feelings to give an honest assessment of a situation. Jurko is clueless most of the time. Carmen I sometimes think has a good grasp, but then he can be talked into inane stances on stuff. Silvy's OK I guess

But yeah, all pretty limited on critical thinking. Entertaining, though

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
BIGGIEsmalls 23;1413247[B said:
]I don't think that Mirotic should be included.[/B] Most sign-and-trades have limited assets going out.

If the bulls sign Mirotic, he can't be used in a S&T for 30 days.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
“I don’t think people realize how badly Tom [Thibodeau] wants him [Anthony],’’ a source said Friday. “He knows he needs him to win.’’
The Bulls coach never would admit it, but the source indicated that Thibodeau already has drawn up how he would use Anthony offensively and defensively, even getting into specific sets.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2861...-comes-down-to-bulls-knicks.html#.U8CgF7FCfJ2

Toast88

Liked Posts:
“I don’t think people realize how badly Tom [Thibodeau] wants him [Anthony],’’ a source said Friday. “He knows he needs him to win.’’
The Bulls coach never would admit it, but the source indicated that Thibodeau already has drawn up how he would use Anthony offensively and defensively, even getting into specific sets.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2861...-comes-down-to-bulls-knicks.html#.U8CgF7FCfJ2

Jesus, it's worse than I thought.

Thibs is down in the den, sitting in his favorite leather seat, a scotch in his left hand and scribbling vigorously with his right into a college-ruled notebook. His 6-year-old Persian rubs up against his ankle, where his extra-baggy sweat pants are riding up. He ignores the cat. Dammit, this is important. Suddenly a light caresses the room from the hallway. "You coming to bed, dear?" his wife calls. A barely audible glottal sound resonates from his throat, but doesn't escape his vocal cords.

She smiles a sad, understanding smile. They've been here before. "Well, will you at least take the trash out before coming to bed?" Always the trash with this woman, the parse-faced mad general thought to himself. It's all her Shutterfly gift promo gear anyway. He told her there was no future in that stuff. She walks off, silently divorcing herself from the situation. She left the light on, though, and it's shining in the ol' coach's chestnut eyes.

Oh well, Thibs thought, I have to get up to refill the scotch anyway. He drops a sphere ice cube and some spey-side single malt in a short tumbler. He takes a quick swig before heading back to the den, where his work can be seen atop his orderly wood desk. "Do your job," the furious scribbles say. He sighs, and settles back into the chair for a long night.

Point being, Thibs is in this shit deep.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:

Thibs is down in the den, sitting in his favorite leather seat, a scotch in his left hand and scribbling vigorously with his right into a college-ruled notebook. His 6-year-old Persian rubs up against his ankle, where his extra-baggy sweat pants are riding up. He ignores the cat. Dammit, this is important. Suddenly a light caresses the room from the hallway. "You coming to bed, dear?" his wife calls. A barely audible glottal sound resonates from his throat, but doesn't escape his vocal cords.

She smiles a sad, understanding smile. They've been here before. "Well, will you at least take the trash out before coming to bed?" Always the trash with this woman, the parse-faced mad general thought to himself. It's all her Shutterfly gift promo gear anyway. He told her there was no future in that stuff. She walks off, silently divorcing herself from the situation. She left the light on, though, and it's shining in the ol' coach's chestnut eyes.

Oh well, Thibs thought, I have to get up to refill the scotch anyway. He drops a sphere ice cube and some spey-side single malt in a short tumbler. He takes a quick swig before heading back to the den, where his work can be seen atop his orderly wood desk. "Do your job," the furious scribbles say. He sighs, and settles back into the chair for a long night.

This is epic, and I don't like using that word.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

[video=youtube;NTSGp4UdEvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSGp4UdEvQ[/video]

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:

nba_g_thibodeau11_576x324.jpg

nba_g_thibs1_576.jpg

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boom. Done deal.

I wish. We'll see.

Hope I'm right for once on this.

P.J. Carlesimo said it well on ESPN, "This is going to be an interesting poker game," talking Bulls vs. Phil.

Well I don't trust GarPax winning a poker game, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Sensing Bulls increasingly focused on trying to complete acquisition of Pau Gasol ... since pulling off their Melo dream is proving so hard

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sensing Bulls increasingly focused on trying to complete acquisition of Pau Gasol ... since pulling off their Melo dream is proving so hard

Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) 11:24PM