The Carmelo Anthony Thread: Rumors And Discussion

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Still doesn't make sense for us to have Taj, Gasol, and Mirotic all on the same roster. :shrug: oh well I guess.

Liked Posts:
When were the Bulls informed? If it was yesterday, that explains the sniffing around Wade and going after Gasol but that also means nothing was leaked for almost 24 hours.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Go about your day thinking he signs with the Knicks. If he chooses the Bulls, then you got something to celebrate instead of being down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice, I think I've been doing that for my entire life. Even Oprah knows you gotta put out the good vibes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still doesn't make sense for us to have Taj, Gasol, and Mirotic all on the same roster. :shrug: oh well I guess.
Gasol as backup C. Mirotic stretch 4 when we need shooting. Any of them can play with each other. It can work. Maybe by keeping their minutes down they all can stay healthy?

czman

Liked Posts:
BREAKING: Carmelo Anthony is in talks to rejoin Knicks. Bulls and Rockets were told to move on. (via @stephenasmith) http://t.co/COkniB3aei

Whatever you'd like to make of that... Doesn't make sense as to why he took so long.

Moronic attention whore. People kept saying this makes no sense. That is because they have an IQ over 70. Melo is obviously a Special person eight year old. I am going to have a great laugh in a few years when he is crying about being on a bad team. What a putz.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Pay that much for a backup c? I'd rather have nasty naz.

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
When were the Bulls informed? If it was yesterday, that explains the sniffing around Wade and going after Gasol but that also means nothing was leaked for almost 24 hours.

That was a guess on my part is all, no inside info there that I knew of.

czman

Liked Posts:
That was a guess on my part is all, no inside info there that I knew of.

This morning there was a report that Melo (agent) called the Bulls last night and the Bulls gathered that Melo was out.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Gasol as backup C. Mirotic stretch 4 when we need shooting. Any of them can play with each other. It can work. Maybe by keeping their minutes down they all can stay healthy?

Assuming we give Mirotic the MLE, that just seems like a lot of money to put into our front court. It also seems like a lot for a backup big that is past his prime. Assuming Gasol gets about 8 million, we'd have over 30 million committed to our front court. Plus I heard Boozer may not even be apart of the S&T, so we'd be looking at neither 50 million there if we didn't amnesty him :shrug:

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I think you have to score Melo as a lying dick and a moron. He knew a year ago the money was only there in NY, so why go through the dog and pony show of acting like he wanted to play for a contender when he damn well knew the Bulls would have to cut out key players to pay him thus not being the contending team he claimed he was willing to take less money to play on. As soon as the Knicks said they would pay him the max he should have just signed and been done with it.

And this shows why Jackson is never going to be able to cash in next year with all the cap space he'll have. Most other big time FAs are going to do exactly what Melo did, resign with their teams for the 5 years max money and not want to go to NYC.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you have to score Melo as a lying dick and a moron. He knew a year ago the money was only there in NY, so why go through the dog and pony show of acting like he wanted to play for a contender when he damn well knew the Bulls would have to cut out key players to pay him thus not being the contending team he claimed he was willing to take less money to play on. As soon as the Knicks said they would pay him the max he should have just signed and been done with it...

Maybe Melo wanted to come to Chicago but the Knicks want more in return for him than he is worth. It's not just up to him.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
There are not enough minutes for Noah, Gasol, Taj, & Mirotic.

Either their attempt at Gasol was a last ditch effort to appease the Knicks on a sign-and-trade.........or we're gonna move Taj or Mirotic for another player elsewhere.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He took so long because I think he was honestly torn between Chicago and New York.

On one hand, you have New York, which won't really give him a chance to win, but gets him money and it's his home. LaLa obviously prefers New York as well. Melo likes playing in New York, but he considered leaving because of his disappointment with the Knicks organization and how shit has gone down the past few years. And he's asking himself "Are the Knicks really going to do anything in the near future?"

On the other hand you have Chicago, which still gives Melo that big market atmosphere, has a great team in place that can contend for a title and needs a dominant wing scorer like Melo. The issue is that Melo is a little reluctant to leave New York and Chicago can't offer as much money. Melo was going to return to New York on Thursday but Chicago made a good impression. Melo likes Thibs, for one.

I think this offseason charade was an exercise in Melo determining what he really wants.

He supposedly had being in a position for a title as his top priority, but if that were really true, he would have gone to the Bulls. He didn't, because at the end of the day, he was more concerned about other things.

Maybe in the back of his mind he thought he could sign a max deal and the Knicks could put it together to still contend for a title, but that's bullshit. I think someone at some point had to explain to Melo that getting a 5 year max w/ NY means they don't have a lot of flexibility to get pieces for a title(like, I don't know, Phil or his agent?). Phil tried to think of some ways to get the Knicks in better shape for Melo, but it seemed like he knew the Knicks were kind of fucked.

Things would be different if Melo was willing to take less money, but Phil knew that if he offered Melo the most money he could get from any team, it would have a big impression on Melo. Phil didn't want to risk offering him less because that might have been the "last straw" for Melo, and Phil doesn't want to lose Melo,obviously.

It was Chicago vs. New York this entire offseason. LA wasn't really in the mix, I think he just wanted to see what they would offer him and wanted to experience getting courted by the Lakers. Also, the Lakers interest might have been a move to further ensure that the Knicks will offer him the max. In the end,like I said, things besides winning won out.

I'm not saying that Melo handled this situation in the best of ways, but I don't know if the guy is clueless, or whatever. There are conversations behind closed doors which are mostly outlined by vague and cryptic speculation from your friendly flamboyant media(i.e. we don't know what was said and what Melo's thought process truly was). I'm not saying some of these reporters were totally fucking this up either, but honestly there was so much shit flying around about Melo, a decent amount of it had to have some ounce of questionability.

Or...maybe Melo is completely Special person and still thinks the Knicks still can still contend for a title. There's that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In addition to what I said in the previous post, there were a lot of potential moves on the table that Melo was following, including LeBron and Gasol, that could have affected his decision. I feel like,in part, he was waiting because of that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Winnng may have been his top priority but top =\= only