dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This literally goes against everything we have heard, everything the beat guys have written and said, and everything that came out of Pace's mouth.

Well as you know....you're talking about more media people so there's no way of telling which ones are right and which ones are wrong and what is it that Pace has said exactly. I would think by now you would know that he's not gonna come out and say anything to the media bad about a player even if he doesn't like that player, so you can't go by anything Pace has said which again, i'm pretty sure you know this.

What did Pace say anyway??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well as you know....you're talking about more media people so there's no way of telling which ones are right and which ones are wrong and what is it that Pace has said exactly. I would think by now you would know that he's not gonna come out and say anything to the media bad about a player even if he doesn't like that player, so you can't go by anything Pace has said which again, i'm pretty sure you know this.

What did Pace say anyway??

Lambert mysetically picked up a source about 2 weeks ago and that source happens to say what everyone wants to hear.

That is not a media member, it is not reliable information, and it really should not be compared to guys who are literally in Halas Hall everyday talking to these people.

Pace was over the top in his praise and talked about how he had kept an eye on Glennon since New Orleans.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Based on my observations of the fringe media/bloggers

Lambert-no source

Lemming-had a source a couple years ago and nothing now

DaBearsBlog-probably knows someone on the fringes of knowing stuff

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is rebuilding this organization from the ground up. I'm sure a lot of people would love for him to max out the cap with some big time free agent signings but that's how you build a mediocre team that occasionally makes the playoffs but is never truly in contention... not how you build a team for the long term that competes for SB's.

Draft well, pay the guys who perform and use free agency as a way to fill holes. Pace has a strategy and the patience to see it implemented. We had Emery, he made big splashes in the free agent market... it's fun, it makes for interesting discussion but it's not how you build a team that's in contention every year.

I believe in Pace. I believe in building through the draft and I believe the Bears are going to a consistent playoff team by the 2019 season.

Patience grasshoppers.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Why would firing Pace mean every player gets removed and replaced? To say I am uncomfortable with Pace hiring the next coach and signing the next batch of FAs does not equal "removing and replacing" current starters.

I am not sure the "glass full or empty" analogy does apply. Unlike others, I have noticed that rebuilds tend to happen successfully with good draft picks as well as solid and responsible FA spending. (not splash FAs). Pace seems to draft well (but it IS early yet to say for sure), but his success rate at finding good FAs is terrible. This is not translating into wins at all. These are simple facts.

Because that’s what happens when you change the GM, the guy who has the vision of how the team should be.
You hire a GM to change your team, not to adapt to it. Look at how many players have been turned over since Pace got here?
The only way to make sure that the good current players fit the system that the new coach brings in is to keep the GM.
A new GM will want it to be HIS team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The best player on the team was a free agent. That rarely happens.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Sometimes members of the media will write stories or push a narrative in exchange for access. The media was already in full bitch mode when Ryan Pace came on board and locked down all the leaks that came out of Hallas Hall drying up their sources.

I would not have been surprised if it Fox quietly reached out to some of the beat guys and said that if they can help him keep his job and get Ryan Pace fired, he would exchange that for access. The guy was known as the mayor of the NFL because of all the people he knew and given Fox I wouldn't put this past him.

So the media does what the media does and Riles up all the meatballs, and then if reports are true, Ryan Pace let's John Fox know before the last game that he will not be retained after the season.

At this point, Fox has nothing to offer the media. Fox stops controlling the offense and just let's Loggains run it finally without the run run pass mandate. Loggains knows he's gone too so he needs to build up his resume and look good with a rookie quarterback so he can have gainful employment on another team next year, something Fox would understand.

Given how good Mitch looked versus The Bengals, it killed any fire Ryan Pace argument that could be made.

I would not be surprised to see a more wide-open offense this last month of the season. And the calls for firing Pace to dissipate, other than some meatballs who still haven't figured it out yet. Just my speculative take based on what we've heard.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So if I am understanding this right, you are suggesting that John Fox started a conspiracy theory using the media to try to get the pressure off him and onto Ryan Pace by offering the media inside information. Ryan Pace got wind of that and told Fox he is fired after this season. After that, John Fox said fuck it, the plan has failed, and opened up the offense last week because of it.

Was this part of a dream, a drunken stupor, a come to Jesus moment or did you just make this shit up thinking someone would believe it?

Washington

Liked Posts:
I also don't buy the part about Fox wanting Glennon and not Pace. If you recall, Pace made an inquiry to TB about Glennon after they got Winston and the asking price was too high. Pace has been enamored with Glennon. I'm guessing not so much any more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Based on my observations of the fringe media/bloggers

Lambert-no source

Lemming-had a source a couple years ago and nothing now

DaBearsBlog-probably knows someone on the fringes of knowing stuff

Sooooo Lemming has no source on this because we're not talking about anything from a couple of years ago but you do have a probably for the Bloggers maybe knowing someone....got it. I think we all realize that you can't take anything from any media member as being the truth. As i already said in a earlier post, i have no idea if there's any truth to this or not but i damn sure don't take the word of anyone in the media on anything. I don't care who wanted Glennon as long as he's gone next year but i do know Fox would much rather have a guy like Glennon over any rookie.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
So if I am understanding this right, you are suggesting that John Fox started a conspiracy theory using the media to try to get the pressure off him and onto Ryan Pace by offering the media inside information. Ryan Pace got wind of that and told Fox he is fired after this season. After that, John Fox said fuck it, the plan has failed, and opened up the offense last week because of it.

Was this part of a dream, a drunken stupor, a come to Jesus moment or did you just make this shit up thinking someone would believe it?
Laugh all you want dumbass. I know everyone hates him, but Dan Bernstein was a beat reporter and journalist, and he on a number of occasions on his radio show has confirmed this sort of shit would go on

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I do not agree since I tend to not give credit for good picks that do not help translate into success, I will say you laid your points out well. I would give an F for the last 3 years, but since he is obviously staying, then I would say "INCOMPLETE" with a failure warning sent home so that he has ownership of the last 3 years' lack of progress but still a possibility to bring the grades up to passing and even beyond into successful range.

Nice to have a sain discussion without having to belittle another point of view. Results are definitely F level..

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Nice to have a sain discussion without having to belittle another point of view. Results are definitely F level..
Nothing "sane" about being happy to find another weirdo who shares your distorted view. Its called confirmation bias

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is rebuilding this organization from the ground up. I'm sure a lot of people would love for him to max out the cap with some big time free agent signings but that's how you build a mediocre team that occasionally makes the playoffs but is never truly in contention... not how you build a team for the long term that competes for SB's.

Draft well, pay the guys who perform and use free agency as a way to fill holes. Pace has a strategy and the patience to see it implemented. We had Emery, he made big splashes in the free agent market... it's fun, it makes for interesting discussion but it's not how you build a team that's in contention every year.

I believe in Pace. I believe in building through the draft and I believe the Bears are going to a consistent playoff team by the 2019 season.

Patience grasshoppers.

This, to me, is spot on. Big name FAs are not going to come here unless they're grossly overpaid, trashing the cap. This team had absolutely nothing to bridge a rebuild with. No older grizzled vets to carry on anything to the new kids, which is why they keep referring to the "culture change". Some here site other teams quick turnarounds, but those teams had carryover players to base a rebuild on, the Bears had none of those.
We're starting to see a core develop, but there's still a ways to go.

RochBear

Liked Posts:
This, to me, is spot on. Big name FAs are not going to come here unless they're grossly overpaid, trashing the cap. This team had absolutely nothing to bridge a rebuild with. No older grizzled vets to carry on anything to the new kids, which is why they keep referring to the "culture change". Some here site other teams quick turnarounds, but those teams had carryover players to base a rebuild on, the Bears had none of those.
I'm with you and Mr. Waddle (although I must say I'm amazed Tom can think at all given all the hits). Too little is make, I think, of how young the core quality 10-12 players of the Bears has become. Long, Hicks, Trevathan and Leno, guys in the mid-late 20s are the old ones.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with you and Mr. Waddle (although I must say I'm amazed Tom can think at all given all the hits). Too little is make, I think, of how young the core quality 10-12 players of the Bears has become. Long, Hicks, Trevathan and Leno, guys in the mid-late 20s are the old ones.

Yes T Waddle took a lot of hits, so many he in fact doesn't know who he is. Take a look at his avatar that pic is Steve Kerr former Bulls player and now coach of the Golden State warriors. Kerr and Waddle do have some similarities in appearance but not enough to justify this blatant confusion in identity.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm not sure we'll have to grossly overpay free agents to come here but i think we'll have to overpay to get one of the top WR's to sign with us just because there's teams with more money and better situations that they can go to whether that be because another team has a more established QB or some choose teams because of what city they play in and would much rather go play in San Fran where the weather is so much better over playing in the windy city. I look at San Fran as one of the top places a free agent WR would want to play for cause of Jimmy G, K.Shanahan and the weather. Pace is gonna have to be aggressive and get one of the top WR's as soon as he can when free agency opens, unless his plan is to go WR in the draft.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
I love how all the bad decisions that have been made with this team over the last 3 years get blamed on anyone and everyone other than the guy who is responsible for making them...

Fox? Oh, that was the McKaskeys decision.

Glennon? Oh, that was Fox's decision.

Ray McDonald? Oh, that was Fangio.

Drafting White with a broken leg? Team doctors fault.

Dumping Alshon? Oh, that was Alshons decision... On and on...

Dumping Gould, Marshall, picking up and paying Nate Chandler and Manny Remirez... Never Pace's fault.

The guy whose job it is to make those calls and final decisions always get a pass.

LOFL. Some fucking Bears fans...

:obama:

Source/link indicating White was injured prior to the draft?