Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The thing that fans don't understand is that if you have someone who at a bare minimum is a passible NFL starter, their floor by virtue of having proven themselves as able to start in the NFL is higher than even the most spectacular rookie you could draft at the position.

All too often fans confuse floors and ceilings. As you say, even the most special quarterback prospect in college can end up being a flat bust. If you're going to make an argument, you have to make the argument that the ceiling of the prospect is much higher than the ceiling of the guy you have now, and therefore is worth the risk.
Floors? Ceilings? When you live in a cardboard box one good gust of wind and your floor becomes your ceiling.

You have claimed to be a well bellow average (10% percentile) compensated Chief systems engineer, that doesn't mean your boss is happy with such his flea market value worker and shouldn't be looking to upgrade does it?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think you, of all people, need to understand something: Nobody really cares if someone gets a prediction wrong, or if an opinion someone holds turns out to be wrong. Heck, in the Mitch draft I wanted Pace to draft Jamal Adams at #3 and Nathan Peterman in the 2nd round. That is, by any stretch of the imagination, the worst possible opinion that one could have had coming out of that draft. Anyone who gives me grief about that, even in October of 2024, is right to do so, and I'd have to eat it.

With you, and a certain number of others, you try your best to come across as an authority. I won't even get into your most famous prediction on another forum, because it's not appropriate here, but you continue to get shit for it because you won't accept the reality of it, nor do you come across as close to knowledgeable about it as you think.

The same could be said about the post that @Discus fish salesman posted a few posts above. In your desire to be right about the Bears QB situation, you tried your damndest to sound like you knew what you were talking about. It comes across reeking of some air of superiority which I am unsure of why you think that applies to you.

Have you ever heard of the Horseshoe Theory? You and @DanielCCSBears fit that to a tee.

Here's the thing. Some of what you said is true - and some of it is actually bullshit. But I think you were trying here to be level headed, so I will shoot straight with you.

I know I am not an authority. I am someone with a strong personality and a strong opinion. I am far from the only one with those on this forum.

I also like being challenged by others on the intellectual aspects of football - its how I continue to learn.

However, quite frankly, those don't mix with people who are just here to shit on others. And there ARE those here. There are people here who are simply here to troll, and love the free troll pass this place gives them. Obviously something is wrong in their life that they need the ego boost.

My nature with trolls is when I see them, especially when I was younger, I saw them for the cyber-bullies they were and just enjoyed punching them in the face over and over.

So I am well aware the hate I get has zero to do with football, and everything to do with my history of taking a bunch of bitches who love dishing it out, and shoving it right back in their face to prove they can't take what they dish out.

There's other people here with strong opinions. There's other people here who get predictions wrong. But they never went after the shitheads here the way I did in my 20s and early 30s. The hate and teenage 'GOTCHA' games show just how much mentally these people are stuck at a mental age of 12.

And I will get a shit ton of hate for calling that out, but I'm too old to give a shit any more. Its why I've pulled back from here. Acting like a mental teenager got old.

And as for my famous prediction on another forum... I am waiting to see. I may have simply been 4 years too early. But honestly that's all I have to say on that as well.

Anyway, we don't have to see eye to eye. I don't care if I am liked here by most of the mental midgets because there are also some good people here who talk football, challenge me and what I think, allow me to challenge them without taking it personally, and from that comes some of the best football conversations, which is all I was ever really after in the first place.

So yeah, I know I don't know everything about football and me sounding like an authority is just how I talk - but the hate I get isn't really about those things, and I am wise enough to know that.

Still, I appreciate your attempt at civil discourse here; I may disagree with you, but the civility is appreciated.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing. Some of what you said is true - and some of it is actually bullshit. But I think you were trying here to be level headed, so I will shoot straight with you.

I know I am not an authority. I am someone with a strong personality and a strong opinion. I am far from the only one with those on this forum.

I also like being challenged by others on the intellectual aspects of football - its how I continue to learn.

However, quite frankly, those don't mix with people who are just here to shit on others. And there ARE those here. There are people here who are simply here to troll, and love the free troll pass this place gives them. Obviously something is wrong in their life that they need the ego boost.

My nature with trolls is when I see them, especially when I was younger, I saw them for the cyber-bullies they were and just enjoyed punching them in the face over and over.

So I am well aware the hate I get has zero to do with football, and everything to do with my history of taking a bunch of bitches who love dishing it out, and shoving it right back in their face to prove they can't take what they dish out.

There's other people here with strong opinions. There's other people here who get predictions wrong. But they never went after the shitheads here the way I did in my 20s and early 30s. The hate and teenage 'GOTCHA' games show just how much mentally these people are stuck at a mental age of 12.

And I will get a shit ton of hate for calling that out, but I'm too old to give a shit any more. Its why I've pulled back from here. Acting like a mental teenager got old.

And as for my famous prediction on another forum... I am waiting to see. I may have simply been 4 years too early. But honestly that's all I have to say on that as well.

Anyway, we don't have to see eye to eye. I don't care if I am liked here by most of the mental midgets because there are also some good people here who talk football, challenge me and what I think, allow me to challenge them without taking it personally, and from that comes some of the best football conversations, which is all I was ever really after in the first place.

So yeah, I know I don't know everything about football and me sounding like an authority is just how I talk - but the hate I get isn't really about those things, and I am wise enough to know that.

Still, I appreciate your attempt at civil discourse here; I may disagree with you, but the civility is appreciated.
Here's the thing.

You think you're "standing on business" typing all of this, and it just proves @Gustavus Adolphus' point.

Also, your "strong personality" threatens civil war on people you hold ideological grudges against, but you're going to get lit the **** up if you ever try and act on your threats.

Thanks.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's the thing.

You think you're "standing on business" typing all of this, and it just proves @Gustavus Adolphus' point.

Also, your "strong personality" threatens civil war on people you hold ideological grudges against, but you're going to get lit the **** up if you ever try and act on your threats.

Thanks.

Football talk is one thing, and that lane I was addressing.

What you are talking about is stuff that belongs in the political forum. And I am not threatening anyone - but simply calling evil, evil, and not giving a shit who it offends.

THAT conversation belongs in the political forums, and frankly, I have nothing to add at this time other than what I just said.

EDIT - I will say one more thing - you can't pretend people on the "other side" haven't said some wild, instigating shit in that forum either. My example A of a bitch in this thread tends to get like that as well.

When you can call out both sides equally and see it equally, then get back to me.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

What you are talking about is stuff that belongs in the political forum. And I am not threatening anyone - but simply calling evil, evil, and not giving a shit who it offends.

THAT conversation belongs in the political forums, and frankly, I have nothing to add at this time other than what I just said.

Is the storm coming now... or???

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

EDIT - I will say one more thing - you can't pretend people on the "other side" haven't said some wild, instigating shit in that forum either. My example A of a bitch in this thread tends to get like that as well.

When you can call out both sides equally and see it equally, then get back to me.
Waiting to read this when you're finished with your EDITS

Thanks

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Dear Diary...

bluppity bloppity bloo.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I for one appreciate your ability to transform from Randy Savage to the Dalai Lama. It takes a real man to humbly admit he has transformed from an apex e-predator cyber smackdown artist to a mountain top sage. And this , all while holding down a ultra low paying chief systems engineering job. I wouldn't be surprised if a Nobel Peace prize was in your future or at least the very least the Nobel prize in run pro.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

You sound like a libtard

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Basically, I live rent free in their heads. They say you haven't really made it until you have haters; so thanks guys! :smug:
You also believe that people be drinking baby blood in the basement of a pizzeria so maybe pump the brakes on your motorized scooter thinking you've made it anywhere.

Thanks