The Chicago Cubs: The Right Way to Rebuild

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say Baez making it up this year is a slim chance at all...
I do. Unless he just totally dominates triple A. I don't see Theo allowing his arb clock to start just to appease Cub fans who are sick of losing. Throw in Castro is blocking him right now and there you go. I can see Alcantara being called up because Barney couldn't hit his way out of a fat girl zombie convention armed with swords made of ham.

Crumpet?

Reactions: X

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I do. Unless he just totally dominates triple A. I don't see Theo allowing his arb clock to start just to appease Cub fans who are sick of losing. Throw in Castro is blocking him right now and there you go. I can see Alcantara being called up because Barney couldn't hit his way out of a fat girl zombie convention armed with swords made of ham.

Crumpet?

I think the addition of Bonifacio could force the Cubs to slow-play Alcantara. I honestly feel like he's enough of an offensive upgrade from Barney that he could help the Cubs now. Still, Boni's speed should be an asset.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If Baez dominates in Iowa I would expect a late June promote. AAA is where he is going to start seeing a diet of breaking pitches for strikes. He still has some developing to do.

I wouldn't get wrapped into a Baez or bust mentality. As stated above Bonifico I'm expecting to at himself into a starting spot. "But" in CF. I'm predicting that Barney bounces back at the plate.

What will help the most is Olt continues to progress and Rugg hits both RH/LF. This balences the middle of the order LH/RH with Rizzo/Schierholtz and Olt/Rugg. Put Bon in CF to lead off it goes far.

Lake swear I'm seeing a bust incoming. Don't walk and if his contact rate regresses he is a waste of a roster spot.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Crumpet?

:clap: