The Chicago Sports Media

Username

Liked Posts:
Forgive me if this sounds naieve or ignorant. I've only been living here for a year. So I've been hearing here and there on Sports Radio and podcasts that Justin didn't look so good in Preseason practice. That there were no long downfield throws or targets. That the ball still isn't coming out fast enough. That he still is staring down his 1st option. I'm wondering why didn't we here about this DURING PRESEASON? Why are the so called journalist only saying this now? All we heard during pre-season was sun shine and rainbows. Can the Media be trusted?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Forgive me if this sounds naieve or ignorant. I've only been living here for a year. So I've been hearing here and there on Sports Radio and podcasts that Justin didn't look so good in Preseason practice. That there were no long downfield throws or targets. That the ball still isn't coming out fast enough. That he still is staring down his 1st option. I'm wondering why didn't we here about this DURING PRESEASON? Why are the so called journalist only saying this now? All we heard during pre-season was sun shine and rainbows. Can the Media be trusted?

The media is the most reliable source of news info there is!

Jason La Canfora is top notch

CNN and Fox news are never biased.

So yes. The media 90% owned by one party is 100% reliable all the time.

Username

Liked Posts:
The media is the most reliable source of news info there is!

Jason La Canfora is top notch

CNN and Fox news are never biased.

So yes. The media 90% owned by one party is 100% reliable all the time.
I'am talking about the sports media. I'm starting to see just how much the Bears control their narative by threatening to limit access.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'am talking about the sports media. I'm starting to see just how much the Bears control their narative by threatening to limit access.

I get it. I was being sarcastic and trying to be funny. My serious take would be "No" they cannot be trusted. Any sports reporter is out there for number one only. You aren't gonna get serious news unless it's some juicy gossip, scandal type bullshit that's designed to get someone fired or shed a light on their fucked up behavior.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Some of the media did in fact bring these things up. Guys like Brad Biggs, Dan Wiederer, and Adam Hoge all made comments or at least alluded to it. Unfortunately Bears fans don't like hearing this shit so the media has to sell sunshine and rainbows.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No they can't. They carry water for ownership. They do this every year with each team.

They were just as bad with the White Sox

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You clearly didn't listen to any sports radio during the past 5 or so weeks.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bears media that was at training camp reported how bad the offense was the day the pads went on and after that.

It was fan accounts on Twitter that called them negative and didn't want to believe it. Saying the hype is real, the Bears will be fine, etc.

The same exact thing happened last offseason.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Haven't you heard? The NFL is all scripted and, thus, what the local and national sports media say has been written for them.

Just ask @zabavka

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Haven't you heard? The NFL is all scripted and, thus, what the local and national sports media say has been written for them.

Just ask @zabavka

How cute, you actually believe the press is "free".

So naive.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
There was a lot of positivity about DJ Moore. There was a lot of uncertainty about Fields and the offensive line. Fields had some nice 7-on-7 drills with strings of completions/TDs, but there was almost nobody claiming he'd clearly turned a corner in year 3. There were some claiming his mechanics/release looked faster, maybe. Most were somewhere between cautiously optimistic and underwhelmed. We still have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I didn't see anything new from Fields on Sunday. He looked like he did last year to me.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There was a lot of positivity about DJ Moore. There was a lot of uncertainty about Fields and the offensive line. Fields had some nice 7-on-7 drills with strings of completions/TDs, but there was almost nobody claiming he'd clearly turned a corner in year 3. There were some claiming his mechanics/release looked faster, maybe. Most were somewhere between cautiously optimistic and underwhelmed. We still have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I didn't see anything new from Fields on Sunday. He looked like he did last year to me.
He looked like he had his balls cut off to me. It feels to me like that entire offseason of working on his "short game" went a little too far.