The Crosstown Beatdown(WARNING: You are entering a war zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Another post from the genius.....now we're talking attendence. So the location is why the Cubs draw so well....wow, that is just so insightful. What's the reason they travel so well or maybe I should spell it out for you...why are there tons of Cub's fans in attendence when they play road games? Must be the location, I guess.

White Sox play in the same "beautiful city", why can't they draw flys? Oh, wait...that's right. Sox fans only attend when the team puts something the field worth seeing. I forgot about that. Funny thing, in 2005 the Sox didn't even draw 2.5 million fans in a newer, cleaner and much more modern park. Even in a year they win it all, they still don't draw well. Nice park, "beautiful city" and a WS champion....17th in MLB in attendence. What's missing in this equation? Only one thing....the fans...both figuratively and literally.

I know it is probably tough for you to follow the thread because of the euphoria of only losing 2 out of 3 this weekend, but your partner in Cubs revelry brought up the attendance issue. The Cubs are great at attendance. Exciting!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are better this year and are contending for a playoff spot. Not really much a Sox fan can say. Keep trying doe. I like to laugh.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are better this year and are contending for a playoff spot. Not really much a Sox fan can say. Keep trying doe. I like to laugh.

This guy gets it. Sox "fans" really are an embarrassment to this city.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You do realize with the watered down playoff format almost every team in baseball is in "contention" for a playoff spot? I imagine you guys would be painting each other Cubbie blue if you had won the series this weekend.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This guy told me the Cubs will win the World Series real soon. He promised.

murtonunicorncopy_large.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I saw Ronnie Woo Woo walking down Sheffield the other day in full uniform. It was an off day.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That is one of the dumbest statements that can be made when arguing Cubs-Sox. You act like the White Sox win championships like the Blackhawks. True, the last 100 years have yielded a grand total of zero Cub championships....the beloved White Sox in the same time frame have won a grand total...hold on while I add them up now.......

let's see....ok.....

ONE.

Yet the Cubs are an embarrassment and the Sox are not. Oh, and don't do a recount and say...hey, they had two. Nope...that early one was pulled because of the Black Sox cheating scandal...yet, the Cubs are the embarrasment?

Pulled? You mean the 1919 WS which they did not win? The one where they learned how to cheat from..wait for it...wait for it...the 1918 Cubs? So the 1917 WS win doesn't count?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Another post from the genius.....now we're talking attendence. So the location is why the Cubs draw so well....wow, that is just so insightful. What's the reason they travel so well or maybe I should spell it out for you...why are there tons of Cub's fans in attendence when they play road games? Must be the location, I guess.

White Sox play in the same "beautiful city", why can't they draw flys? Oh, wait...that's right. Sox fans only attend when the team puts something the field worth seeing. I forgot about that. Funny thing, in 2005 the Sox didn't even draw 2.5 million fans in a newer, cleaner and much more modern park. Even in a year they win it all, they still don't draw well. Nice park, "beautiful city" and a WS champion....17th in MLB in attendence. What's missing in this equation? Only one thing....the fans...both figuratively and literally.

You Cub Fans love these.

image.php

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

It's true, the Cubs are contending for a playoff spot. Not sure anymore about the better part. We do know how good the Sox are against the NL and it seems to be holding true again this year.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's true, the Cubs are contending for a playoff spot. Not sure anymore about the better part. We do know how good the Sox are against the NL and it seems to be holding true again this year.

Congrats on being the better team against the other league. Explains why you are not in the playoffs. Hard to get to there if you can't beat teams in your divison/league

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing like a bunch of trolls bantering back and forth how crappy both inept ball clubs have been, when over the 200+ history of both franchises only 5 championships have been won. My favorite team is no better, but it's funny. One combined WS win in nearly a century, yet the north side/south side banter continues. It's like arguing over the worst prom date.

I thought the overall series was a hell of a defensive effort on both sides. Some extremely good pitching, and whether you're a fan or not of the Sox, Sale is a heck of a player to watch. It's sort of sad that "fans" can't pack the Cell to see him pitch.

The Cubs look to be in "full speed ahead" mode, while the Sox are still stuck in neutral. I'd be ecstatic if my Indians had the young depth the Cubs have. All I have are memories of Jose Mesa and his blown save. Cherish 2005. It may be a long time before the Sox are that good again.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nothing like a bunch of trolls bantering back and forth how crappy both inept ball clubs have been, when over the 200+ history of both franchises only 5 championships have been won. My favorite team is no better, but it's funny. One combined WS win in nearly a century, yet the north side/south side banter continues. It's like arguing over the worst prom date.

I thought the overall series was a hell of a defensive effort on both sides. Some extremely good pitching, and whether you're a fan or not of the Sox, Sale is a heck of a player to watch. It's sort of sad that "fans" can't pack the Cell to see him pitch.

The Cubs look to be in "full speed ahead" mode, while the Sox are still stuck in neutral. I'd be ecstatic if my Indians had the young depth the Cubs have. All I have are memories of Jose Mesa and his blown save. Cherish 2005. It may be a long time before the Sox are that good again.

Oh we know how bad offensively and defensively we are to the other AL teams. The bright spot is our starting pitching. How they are going to get positional players to help out is the next challenge that Hahn and team must do.

What this three game series showed is that dominant pitching and solid defense beat the tar out of quality hitting.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do realize with the watered down playoff format almost every team in baseball is in "contention" for a playoff spot? I imagine you guys would be painting each other Cubbie blue if you had won the series this weekend.

They have the 9th best winning percentage in the majors. They are 5th in the NL. They are more then just in "contention". Are you a kid?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh we know how bad offensively and defensively we are to the other AL teams. The bright spot is our starting pitching. How they are going to get positional players to help out is the next challenge that Hahn and team must do.

What this three game series showed is that dominant pitching and solid defense beat the tar out of quality hitting.

The Cubs don't have quality hitting right now. Sale beat the shit out of us. Rodon we let off the hook over and over again.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

What? Cubs are 4th in the majors in ERA. The Sox are 8th. Cubs have the 2nd best starters ERA in the league. The White Sox 5th. The White sox have a better average then the Cubs and the Cubs are 23rd in runs. The White Sox are 30th in runs. Last in the league.

The Phillies beat the Dodgers two out of three at the Dodgers park. They must be better then the Dodgers. LOL

The Cubs are the better team this year. Its no big deal. People need to get over it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have the 9th best winning percentage in the majors. They are 5th in the NL. They are more then just in "contention". Are you a kid?

He seems very childlike in his responses, so I just ignore him now. Initially, I just thought he was a dumbass and if he is not a kid then he in fact is, but after re-reading his posts I'm fairly certain that he is some teenager that jumped on the 2005 bandwagon...given how sparse it was, there was plenty of room.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What? Cubs are 4th in the majors in ERA. The Sox are 8th. Cubs have the 2nd best starters ERA in the league. The White Sox 5th. The White sox have a better average then the Cubs and the Cubs are 23rd in runs. The White Sox are 30th in runs. Last in the league.

The Phillies beat the Dodgers two out of three at the Dodgers park. They must be better then the Dodgers. LOL

The Cubs are the better team this year. Its no big deal. People need to get over it.
I tend to agree with you, but the White Sox even in a bad year are showing that they are better than the NL. And it's not just one year. They have like I think the second best record in IL play behind the Yankees. Might be third, the cards might be second now. And the Sox took the first two against them.

Sox are 8th and play in the AL. :shrug: Going in I was sure the Cubs were better this year. Now I am not so sure.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He seems very childlike in his responses, so I just ignore him now. Initially, I just thought he was a dumbass and if he is not a kid then he in fact is, but after re-reading his posts I'm fairly certain that he is some teenager that jumped on the 2005 bandwagon...given how sparse it was, there was plenty of room.

Keep enjoying that attendance trophy.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
i tend to agree with you, but the white sox even in a bad year are showing that they are better than the nl. And it's not just one year. They have like i think the second best record in il play behind the yankees. Might be third, the cards might be second now. And the sox took the first two against them.

Sox are 8th and play in the al. :shrug: Going in i was sure the cubs were better this year. Now i am not so sure.

lol

Well, I will go buy wins and losses and who can make the playoffs and who cant as my certainty. You can ponder what ever you trying to ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.