The curious case of Shea McClellin

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
my prediction for shea this season stats wise will be somewhere around 50-60 tackles 4ish sacks and we will see him get a couple ints even in this defence. is that stellar world breaking play no but it will be a vast improvement and show exactly the signs of things to come in this defense

If as the starting inside linebacker he's only good for 50 to 60 tackle that alone should have him cut. That would be an average under four tackles a game which would be a fucking disaster for a starter in this defense. My god you really are that fucking Special person.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
**looks at Omega wristwatch and realized it's the beginning of July**
So your logic is Fangio feels that there is no need to actually try to get players comfortable with their playing position and each other, that he just picked names out of a hat to begin with the 1's, that he decided to troll S Mc, the press, and Bears fans by having S Mc actually lead the defensive play calls and complimenting him on more than one occasion. I mean it's obvious that S Mc has zero NFL value, why would Fangio have him doing anything other than laundry and driving the golf cart?

The Apostate

Liked Posts:
I'm as optimistic as anyone at this time of year, what with the new coaches, and all the free agents, and a seemingly decent draft and all, but (and as reluctant as I am to agree with anything Biff has to say) I've seen nothing in Sheas' career to this point that make me think he's a legit NFL player, much less worthy of his draft position.

So far he's been nothing but that slightly below average guy that you're always trying to upgrade from.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
I also heard about him going around Webb clean in practice

tumblr_mywhwbhfr41rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Toast88

Liked Posts:
"Some have a resergance of their career and end up being the player they were projected to be. Just where does Shea McClellin fit in with this?"

Well, most certainly not that.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think his best game was the game against Dallas where Marinelli actually used him very well and effective in the role he could be still worthy to be used, the Elephant type role which was all that he was mainly sought after for by the Pats and Packers. It's really the only role suitable for him.

In that game there was good simple plays and highlights like him on a stunt taking on the double team by surprise which forced Romo out of the pocket and Melton tracked him down. There was plays he RB spyed the checkdown options and eliminated the dump for Romo causing a bad play by him. Then he showed a zone coverage in the short area taking on Witten on a play that resulted in an INT. He has had moments in that role but Tucker using him as a starter pure DE was terrible as well as a pure Strongside linebacker.

I disagree with Bret's draft analysis as easily his play that year was more than the bowl games post-season. That's seeing what you want to believe and ignoring clear other beneficial evidence. Boise had real opponents on the schedule that year and he shined well playing DE in the out of conference games. It was more games vs weak opponents in the division that he played the quasi-LBer standing up role over pure DE. He had 2 legit DE sacks against a LT with decent stock at the time from the SEC team they played and showed a knack to preform.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Ugh. Not another Shea could be good pipe dream thread. Let it go folks. He is a below average football player. A couple decent plays here and there, but for the most part is pretty detrimental to winning football. Just stop.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
So your logic is Fangio feels that there is no need to actually try to get players comfortable with their playing position and each other, that he just picked names out of a hat to begin with the 1's, that he decided to troll S Mc, the press, and Bears fans by having S Mc actually lead the defensive play calls and complimenting him on more than one occasion. I mean it's obvious that S Mc has zero NFL value, why would Fangio have him doing anything other than laundry and driving the golf cart?

image.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well....I say we let Fangio settle this agreement? Takers?

If Fangio keeps Shea....when the Bears have no reason to do so, and neither does he. That Shea has some football value at ILB in Fangio's 3-4 and he wants to assess it whilst looking under all the other haystacks too.

If Fangio cuts Shea....then the "Shea" isn't that bad crowd will acknowledge he really doesn't have football strength and we can move on. ?? K?

its up to Fangio. I say Shea gets cut.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Well....I say we let Fangio settle this agreement? Takers?

If Fangio keeps Shea....when the Bears have no reason to do so, and neither does he. That Shea has some football value at ILB in Fangio's 3-4 and he wants to assess it whilst looking under all the other haystacks too.

If Fangio cuts Shea....then the "Shea" isn't that bad crowd will acknowledge he really doesn't have football strength and we can move on. ?? K?

its up to Fangio. I say Shea gets cut.

If Shea McClellin beats out Mason Foster and Christian Jones I will be highly disappointed. If he beats out. Bostic that will only reaffirm my feelings of him as a player, so...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Shea McClellin beats out Mason Foster and Christian Jones I will be highly disappointed. If he beats out. Bostic that will only reaffirm my feelings of him as a player, so...

so it proves nothing if he does make the roster? Or he doesn't?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My eyes tell me Shea cannot beat out Bostic in a fair competition. I know he won't beat out the 3-4 free agents. He might have to beat out Jared Allen.

I just don't see him beating out anyone, including Christian Jones who is his death nail.

but....if he does...I will concede it is his exploseve read and speed talent and Fangio thinks he can use it. I give it a chance. But I leave that to Fangio to decide in. And I don't see it. I'm not a professioanal.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If as the starting inside linebacker he's only good for 50 to 60 tackle that alone should have him cut. That would be an average under four tackles a game which would be a fucking disaster for a starter in this defense. My god you really are that fucking Special person.

hey dickhead its yet another new position and a new defense im leaving room for the learning curve and being realistic. not stating outrageous numbers I don't think he will get as of yet.

the numbers ive stated would be a marked improvement and show me that shea is gonna do well within the next few seasons and will only improve more and more

Last edited:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grade A Grimson-esque troll job there. Well done, sir!

not trolling thems the facts. this kid has been shuffkled around and worked his ass off playing out of position then being shuffled around all the while being coached by fuckin retards its an amazing testament to his talent just showing the flashes he has and adapting not to mention the adding weight and losing weight he has done. you guys are severely too hard on the dude and fact is I honestly feel in fangio's system he will finally be playing in a system he belonged in from day one and will be playing a position he is suited for.

the fact fangio has him calling the plays alone shows his football iq
the fact fangio his self has talked about all the things ive mentioned and has made good reports on shea speaks volumes more about the kid than a buncha posers here who just hate him

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
your wrong man shea has shown plenty of signs he can play on the nfl level the problems been shit def schems him being shuffled around playing out of position just watch after this first season with fangio you will be saying how could they have wasted 3 years of this guy

disliked fror trolling....again. No sane person believes Shea is an NFL-caliber plater. Biff nailed it. You failed....again.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
dude has football iq.

his speed

motor never stops

versatility

his measurables

ill ad work ethic

and speed speed speed

I won't disagree with his measurable, but more suggest that he just can't take contact at this level. In college he was either bigger or faster than 90+% of the players he was up against. In the NFL he's just not a special type athlete where he can avoid contact.

I've always said its a lot easier for a football player to become a better athlete than it is for an athlete to become a better football player. For me, Shea looks the part when checking boxes, but at the end of he day things when he's dealing with contact his instincts shut down and he looks like he's trying to think himself out of a problem.

I should add, good players make plays even in bad schemes. If anything their football instincts and ability end up covering for schematic gaffs.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember this at the end of this coming season. I am not saying Shea is going too come out there lighting it up like a HoF'er what I'm telling you all is this Shea will come into his own this season he's in the right system the right position and finally has a coach worth learning something from.