Deon Bush
Adrian Amos

Deandre Houston-Carson​ [PR]
CB [PR]

Harold Jones-Quartey
Jonathan Banks
Sherrick McManis
Chris Prosinski

This group is a lot better than last season, not yet really good, but last season they were starting losers off the street. At CB I think that the depth chart is pretty easy to predict. We know who the starters are moving into the season in Cooper and Prince. Fuller should make the team as he has the size to play on the outside in case someone gets injured and it would be really nice to take one more look at him and see if something can be salvaged. Leblanc and Callahan are favorites of the staff and have been solid inside and outside when they have been asked to play. Callahan needs to stay healthy or I could see them keeping someone like Banks over him.

The Bears have a pretty epic collection of bad-mediocre safeties on the roster. I really think that Eddie Jackson, if recovered, has a significant chance of starting next to Demps. I like the Demps signing he gives them a veteran who can QB things in the backend and who won't bust coverages. The sheer number of mental screw ups last season was enough to get multiple safeties benched. I think that you start Demps at SS and allow Jackson and Hall to compete at FS, they are the Bears most intriguing young DBs. Hall can either start at FS or provide depth at both S and CB. Amos sticks because of his experience and the fact that if he starts you know you are getting solid play. Bush as a 4th round pick last year gets more time to develop as perhaps the long term SS. It was reported that he struggled with the playbook so hopefully he takes a big step.

I am keeping a safety and a CB on the PR. Houston-Carson seems like a natural selection for the PR and would give him more time to develop and I am going to have to sign a CB cut from another team as the Bears do not really have a player eligible that interests me a great deal unless someone from the UDFA class steps up.

Goodbye to HJQ you are not an NFL starter and I am keeping Amos and Bush as my primary special teams players. Jonathan Banks maybe you can make the team, but I do not see you taking a job from Callahan or Leblanc, but there is a chance. McManis is a wasted roster spot. I know he is good on special teams, but why not keep someone who may develop into a defensive player down the road? Prosinski has bee a rock solid veteran for the Bears, but I am not cutting a Bush or Amos for a 31 year old special teamer.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Houston Carson is a phenomenal gunner on st, I foresee him active. Everything else I agree with

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace has poured a lot of draft resources into the secondary. Hopefully one of those guys surprises and steps up.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
what happened to bw webb?

fuller will be trade bait, i feel like the staff has already decided on his fate, he decided to shut it down last year and that sealed his fate imo.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

fuller will be trade bait, i feel like the staff has already decided on his fate, he decided to shut it down last year and that sealed his fate imo.

That could be the case.

Difficult to get a read on his situation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Webb and banks should compete for spots, especially if they choose to keep 11 DBs. Overall a nice assessment.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I don't see McManis getting cut. He's the longest tenured player for a reason, the coaches just love him too much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

No one will trade for a guy who hasn't played in over a year, get real

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This group was very poor last year, so even though the guys we picked up are low level starters, they are a huge upgrade from last year.

Nice to talk about depth and actual know who the hell they are. Last year there was more than one occasion when I asked "who is that guy?"

Fuller, Grasu, White are all guys we hold out hope for, and this is likely the last chance for Fuller and Grasu. White might get 1 more season if he manages to show anything at all.

Good Job Windy with the series of "Depth at..." really gets me excited to know that we have competition and an increased level of depth at some keep positions.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You want to know who loves that secondary, every opposing offense

The scary part is that it is way better than last year.

Last years secondary would have been average in the CFL. I cannot believe an NFL team ran that out onto the field last season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This group was very poor last year, so even though the guys we picked up are low level starters, they are a huge upgrade from last year.

Nice to talk about depth and actual know who the hell they are. Last year there was more than one occasion when I asked "who is that guy?"

Fuller, Grasu, White are all guys we hold out hope for, and this is likely the last chance for Fuller and Grasu. White might get 1 more season if he manages to show anything at all.

Good Job Windy with the series of "Depth at..." really gets me excited to know that we have competition and an increased level of depth at some keep positions.

The roster is much better than last season.

But it still kind of sucks. I can poke holes in every position group except maybe the DL now that Howard is signed and OLB.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I do not see Prince starting. He is not very good. I see him getting beat out during trainging camp for a starting spot.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:

But it still kind of sucks. I can poke holes in every position group except maybe the DL now that Howard is signed and OLB.

There are holes on pretty much every NFL franchise's roster. A good QB covers them up largely.

Green Bay for e.g. without Rodgers. Bottom of the NFC North in my opinion.

I think Pace has done a really solid job since he got to the Bears.

Thank you for the write ups Windy. Always interesting.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Having Hall on the roster is like keeping a 6th CB in reserve, so that is nice. He looked good during preseason last year, but if Fangio prefers him at safety, I am not one to question that. It would be interesting if the position switch worked out, and our starting safety duo of the future ended up Jackson/Hall.

Even if our free agent additions work out, I would still bet on looking at CB as a high draft pick or FA acquisition next year. An outstanding CB would help us compete against GB, and I dont see anyone among our CBs that can play at that level.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
DB [10]

Prince Amukamara
Marcus Cooper
Kyle Fuller
Bryce Callahan
Cre'von Leblanc

Quentin Demps
Eddie Jackson
De'Iondre Hall
Deon Bush
Adrian Amos

Deandre Houston-Carson​ [PR]
CB [PR]

Harold Jones-Quartey
Jonathan Banks
Sherrick McManis
Chris Prosinski

This group is a lot better than last season, not yet really good, but last season they were starting losers off the street. At CB I think that the depth chart is pretty easy to predict. We know who the starters are moving into the season in Cooper and Prince. Fuller should make the team as he has the size to play on the outside in case someone gets injured and it would be really nice to take one more look at him and see if something can be salvaged. Leblanc and Callahan are favorites of the staff and have been solid inside and outside when they have been asked to play. Callahan needs to stay healthy or I could see them keeping someone like Banks over him.

The Bears have a pretty epic collection of bad-mediocre safeties on the roster. I really think that Eddie Jackson, if recovered, has a significant chance of starting next to Demps. I like the Demps signing he gives them a veteran who can QB things in the backend and who won't bust coverages. The sheer number of mental screw ups last season was enough to get multiple safeties benched. I think that you start Demps at SS and allow Jackson and Hall to compete at FS, they are the Bears most intriguing young DBs. Hall can either start at FS or provide depth at both S and CB. Amos sticks because of his experience and the fact that if he starts you know you are getting solid play. Bush as a 4th round pick last year gets more time to develop as perhaps the long term SS. It was reported that he struggled with the playbook so hopefully he takes a big step.

I am keeping a safety and a CB on the PR. Houston-Carson seems like a natural selection for the PR and would give him more time to develop and I am going to have to sign a CB cut from another team as the Bears do not really have a player eligible that interests me a great deal unless someone from the UDFA class steps up.

Goodbye to HJQ you are not an NFL starter and I am keeping Amos and Bush as my primary special teams players. Jonathan Banks maybe you can make the team, but I do not see you taking a job from Callahan or Leblanc, but there is a chance. McManis is a wasted roster spot. I know he is good on special teams, but why not keep someone who may develop into a defensive player down the road? Prosinski has bee a rock solid veteran for the Bears, but I am not cutting a Bush or Amos for a 31 year old special teamer.

I've been saying since we got him last year that J.Banks can play in the NFL and just needs a chance. The problem is although the young guys we have haven't shown to be great CB's they have had their moments where they look like they can be good players for us but so has Banks so i'm very interested in seeing which ones stick out of LeBlanc, Callahan and Banks cause unless we keep 6 CB's then one will have to get put on the PS and hopefully won't get plucked by another team. D.Hall will be a backup for CB and S and is also someone who's had flashes of being a good player. I hope they just cut McManis cause his only use is for ST and we should be able to find players that can step up on ST and take his place.

We're gonna most likely have all new starters at both S spots and CB spots so it will take time for them to learn how to play with each other but when they do learn how to they could be a better unit then most on here think they can be. 3 of the 4 have shown to be good at turning the ball over so hopefully they can keep that up and create plenty of turnovers for us.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hall is a terrible cover man, the face guarding technique does not work in the NFL. Gotta get the head around or you will be called for interference every time. Bush has the same game. Two more wasted draft picks for the pace pile.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well of course there's still holes when the team isn't rebuilt yet. Next off season will be a big one for this team and we should really see a team that's close to being a finished product in 2018. I'm hoping 2019 will be the season that we're a team ready to compete for not only the playoffs but to make some noise in the playoffs but a lot of that will have to do with where Trubisky is in his growth.