The Doom & Gloom Epic Disaster Calling It Now Thread

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
After the TD to Wims and the TD to Miller Graham went up to Mitch and told him something. From his body language and his delivery it looked like he was saying something along the lines of "I have you back." Something Mitch hasn't felt sincerely from anyone in a the last year. Mitch was followed down the sideline afterwards and you could see him barely able to contain his smile.

Jimmy Graham is going to be a difference maker for this offense. And has been a difference maker for this offense already. Did he play like young Jimmy Graham. No. Lets just say he may be overestimating his jumping ability after so many seasons of NFL football. However he is a much better player than anyone we have had at the TE position since Greg Olson and that's before he matured into a superstar TE in Carolina.

If Kmet can contribute in the passing game at all then defenses are going to get worn down. Mooney is a legitimate route runner who created more separation per route than the average in the NFL. Playcalling needs to find a way to isolate him against matchups he feels he has an advantage so that he can force Safeties to help. When things like this happen it then becomes as simple as communicating who is getting single covered, who has a favorable matchup and executing plays to keep drives going for scores.

Graham and Mooney are currently the beneficiaries of Allen Robinsons talent on the outside. In the future if Mooney can develop into a favorite for Mitch that makes Miller and Graham huge beneficiaries underneath.

We have something developing here that we didn't have last year. A balanced attack on offense. That in itself is hard to stop especially late in games.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After the TD to Wims and the TD to Miller Graham went up to Mitch and told him something. From his body language and his delivery it looked like he was saying something along the lines of "I have you back." Something Mitch hasn't felt sincerely from anyone in a the last year. Mitch was followed down the sideline afterwards and you could see him barely able to contain his smile.

Jimmy Graham is going to be a difference maker for this offense. And has been a difference maker for this offense already. Did he play like young Jimmy Graham. No. Lets just say he may be overestimating his jumping ability after so many seasons of NFL football. However he is a much better player than anyone we have had at the TE position since Greg Olson and that's before he matured into a superstar TE in Carolina.

If Kmet can contribute in the passing game at all then defenses are going to get worn down. Mooney is a legitimate route runner who created more separation per route than the average in the NFL. Playcalling needs to find a way to isolate him against matchups he feels he has an advantage so that he can force Safeties to help. When things like this happen it then becomes as simple as communicating who is getting single covered, who has a favorable matchup and executing plays to keep drives going for scores.

Graham and Mooney are currently the beneficiaries of Allen Robinsons talent on the outside. In the future if Mooney can develop into a favorite for Mitch that makes Miller and Graham huge beneficiaries underneath.

We have something developing here that we didn't have last year. A balanced attack on offense. That in itself is hard to stop especially late in games.

This sounds great philosophically, but when I get to the end of what you write, I'm kinda thinking that late in games shouldn't matter as much, if they are balanced, attacking and executing early in games.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I saw the same clip and I couldn’t tell if j graham were saying something nice or he was going to fuck him up in the locker room later because he walked away and trubisky was just like ‘derrrrrrrr’

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Lol dont let the sky is falling doom brigade get ya down mf there are some positive fans like me...and you...and me...and you...
your momma and your cousin too

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I mean, Windy was the biggest Mitch hater this entire offseason. And even he said Mitch played decent this game...and NOT just in the 4th quarter...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So when we beat them can we stob menstruating all over the place? Or will the narrative change then?

The Bears can beat the Giants, but the Bears aren't going to beat many teams if they don't clean some stuff up and ensure they not they take teams for granted.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mid Season Doom and Gloom Bump:

I was going to write another brilliant post for you guys but Nagy’s offense has killed my soul. Apathy has set in. Sorry.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I was cautiously optimistic that they might make it to the playoffs after 5-1. You were right. They sucked all along and were just posers.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Feeling good about this week's win? Excited about that sweet Mitchell comeback ? Are the "booms" from Club Dub still warming your soul?

Well stop it!

This team sucks.

Mitch was only good once the starting CB's got injured. The defense got gashed by a geezer RB. Mack hasn't been good since 2018. Nagy still does stupid shit. blah blah blah

The Bears SHOULD HAVE LOST THIS GAME. 99 out of a 100 times an NFL RB catches that ball in the endzone and the Lions win.

This Bears team will be lucky to win 4 games the rest of the way.

In fact they could have been in the running for the #1 pick!

But NOPE..... the freakin football gawds hate the Bears and made Swift drop that easy TD.

CALLING IT NOW: The Bears finish with the #2 pick and watch as Trevor Lawrence goes #1.

The difference between the first and second pick..... one meaningless win vs the Lions.

One catch by Swift and the Bears get the best QB propect in years.

So go ahead and celebrate this win Bears fans. Savor it now....

Beacause in 2025 when the Bears are STILL looking for a starting QB and Lawrence is starting in the SB vs Mahomes you'll be wishing Swift caught that pass....

Bump this shit at the end of the season.

Search your souls Bears fans..... you know this is the truth.

Maybe we find a real QB in 2030.
Its 2024, ahead of schedule!