The Fumble Play

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The official rule is A fumble may be advanced by any player on either team regardless of whether recovered before or after ball hits the ground.
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fumble

You need to keep reading. Cause a fumble cannot be batted forward inside the 2 min warning (which it wasn't).

Also, the play should have been called dead when Boykin just stood there. Thats also in the rules.

mase

Liked Posts:
I never posted asking a question about the play... and you obviously know everything about everything since you have read the nfl rulebook lol

mase

Liked Posts:
Not sure you understand. If you'd bother to actually look it up you'd see things are broken down so you don't have to waste your time looking through it. And guess what - you're posting in a thread about a discussion you had in regards to this play. My guess is you could have spent that time reading and understanding as opposed to posting. But what do I know?

You know so many NFL rules! I bet you are that guy at the bar that corrects the hot girl when she says something incorrect about football ....

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
If I was a FA on a 1 year contract, I would've had extra incentive to jump on the fuckin ball. A veteran like Anderson should have known better. As much as I disliked Smith, he at least taught them this all the time. Any defensive coach, especially on the NFL level should sear this into players heads, every practice.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about the D just play to the whistle.

and there you have it. been saying that and was screaming at my fuckin tv theres no whistle get to the ball assholes but no they were to busy slappin hands and high fivin thinkin the play was dead

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You know so many NFL rules! I bet you are that guy at the bar that corrects the hot girl when she says something incorrect about football ....

Why would I do that?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was a FA on a 1 year contract, I would've had extra incentive to jump on the fuckin ball. A veteran like Anderson should have known better. As much as I disliked Smith, he at least taught them this all the time. Any defensive coach, especially on the NFL level should sear this into players heads, every practice.

fact is I learned that in peewee football and im no fucking professional :shrug:

mase

Liked Posts:
and there you have it. been saying that and was screaming at my fuckin tv theres no whistle get to the ball assholes but no they were to busy slappin hands and high fivin thinkin the play was dead

nailed it!