Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
F1 is about to start so didn't watch but I know for certain that there's way too much angst over a preseason game where guys didn't play that may have in the regular season and we don't know what they were running on O or why. How much was evaluation vs scheme etc. About all you can tell from preseason games is perhaps some individuals traits and understanding but we didn't get enough of Fields to even see that. Oh and that we're still fucked at C.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
F1 is about to start so didn't watch but I know for certain that there's way too much angst over a preseason game where guys didn't play that may have in the regular season and we don't know what they were running on O or why. How much was evaluation vs scheme etc. About all you can tell from preseason games is perhaps some individuals traits and understanding but we didn't get enough of Fields to even see that. Oh and that we're still fucked at C.
I agree, pre-season don't tell shit, but there was a lot of bad individual performances out there, I think their fucked all along the Oline

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sooo the first preseason for offense didn’t count because screens and air yards but now that it’s a poor performance it matters?

Last edited:

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oline wasn’t the problem. Not sure why this is being made one of the excuses. The QBs for the first half had time to throw. They may have had to scramble a few plays but so did Josh Allen (he converted two 3rd downs scrambling).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oline wasn’t the problem. Not sure why this is being made one of the excuses. The QBs for the first half had time to throw. They may have had to scramble a few plays but so did Josh Allen (he converted two 3rd downs scrambling).
OL couldn’t run block in the 1st half. Getsy’s vanilla calling put the offense in 2nd & 10ish on a few occasions. OL is still a problem if they can’t run block.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OL couldn’t run block in the 1st half. Getsy’s vanilla calling put the offense in 2nd & 10ish on a few occasions. OL is still a problem if they can’t run block.
What were typically the calls on 2nd and 10? Last season me and the great @JordanSigler constantly discussed Getsy's habit of calling runs on 2nd and long, usually leading to 3rd and long.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What were typically the calls on 2nd and 10? Last season me and the great @JordanSigler constantly discussed Getsy's habit of calling runs on 2nd and long, usually leading to 3rd and long.
I’d have to watch but I don’t believe he went with 11 or 12 personnel, which is what this offense needs to be in most of the time. Then again, I don’t recall much play action either so it could be what @SugarWalls was referencing when Getsy didn’t want to tip his hand to for the opening game.

The Bills ran their normal offense from last year, I was watching their broadcast of it and their commentators made mention of it. They also mentioned they were throwing the kitchen sink out there on offense & defense.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’ll be tracking that against the Packers! We’ll look at the percentage of 2nd down runs and for how many yards gained. How many set up a first down.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’d have to watch but I don’t believe he went with 11 or 12 personnel, which is what this offense needs to be in most of the time. Then again, I don’t recall much play action either so it could be what @SugarWalls was referencing when Getsy didn’t want to tip his hand to for the opening game.

The Bills ran their normal offense from last year, I was watching their broadcast of it and their commentators made mention of it. They also mentioned they were throwing the kitchen sink out there on offense & defense.
Well they got shit stomped by the Steelers last week so maybe they had to get the taste of that out of their mouths. Someone made a good point yesterday about how the Bills did the same thing a couple years ago when the Bears played them.

I’ll be tracking that against the Packers! We’ll look at the percentage of 2nd down runs and for how many yards gained. How many set up a first down.
I'll get my research team on it as well and see what we come up with. These basement bloggers just aren't putting in the legwork @J-Sizzle.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well they got shit stomped by the Steelers last week so maybe they had to get the taste of that out of their mouths. Someone made a good point yesterday about how the Bills did the same thing a couple years ago when the Bears played them.

I'll get my research team on it as well and see what we come up with. These basement bloggers just aren't putting in the legwork @J-Sizzle.
Trubisky buttfucked us that day.