the good, the bad, and mostly ugly

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Pure ass hypocrisy
not at all I break down fields play as well.. do you need more screenshots of fields play as a reminder? I'm not just looking at the box score, I'm looking at both players playing and analyzing that..

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
The Bears looked like a 3-14 team. No real improvement aside from DJ Moore's YAC. Glaring holes at punt return. Like last year. Chaos on the O-line. Like last year. Defenders not playing instinctive (except for Gordon and Gipson). Like last year. Little production out of the TE. Like last year.

What I don't get is why they treat Trevis Gipson like crap. He's the only guy on the field that's flashing. It just makes no sense to me.

For the first time, I am having reservations about this coaching staff.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not at all I break down fields play as well.. do you need more screenshots of fields play as a reminder? I'm not just looking at the box score, I'm looking at both players playing and analyzing that..

Then you would agree Fields had a few plays where there was miscommunication as well and it might not have been on him?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Then you would agree Fields had a few plays where there was miscommunication as well and it might not have been on him?
100% every QB has this so it will average out over a season, vs just a handful of attempts in a preseason game to evaluate an individual player

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears looked like a 3-14 team. No real improvement aside from DJ Moore's YAC. Glaring holes at punt return. Like last year. Chaos on the O-line. Like last year. Defenders not playing instinctive (except for Gordon and Gipson). Like last year. Little production out of the TE. Like last year.

What I don't get is why they treat Trevis Gipson like crap. He's the only guy on the field that's flashing. It just makes no sense to me.

Bears were 17th in punt returns by team last year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He can't read or comprehend
Yes coming from the guy that thought Fields had to hold off Bagent from the starting QB role. Good stuff

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oline wasn’t the problem. Not sure why this is being made one of the excuses. The QBs for the first half had time to throw. They may have had to scramble a few plays but so did Josh Allen (he converted two 3rd downs scrambling).
the Oline played good or Justin played like shit, which one was it?, my vote says both

mecha

Liked Posts:
Only thing I took out of the preseason thus far is that Jim Miller is trash as an announcer.
I have observed that preseason announcers are the dorkiest of all. just the verbiage they utter is cringe.

another reason to just not care about preseason.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
the Oline played good or Justin played like shit, which one was it?, my vote says both

Let me just say. Justin better not look like year 1 in the system,. Game 1 of the 2023 season. Like he did Saturday.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let me just say. Justin better not look like year 1 in the system,. Game 1 of the 2023 season. Like he did Saturday.
What if the offense looks like the first preseason game? Oh wait that doesn’t count now

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Buffalo look like crap the week before. This offense has not been together long and I would expect some up and down qtrs.
I think while they always say no one game plans, after the turd last week vs the Steelers, the Bills actually had a game plan in place to ease the fanbase...much like they clearly had last time they faced the Bears in pre-season with Mitch.

A lot of people said Flus didn't have the team ready to play yesterday, but isn't that the point of preseason games??

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

To be fair, both Kmet and Tonyan only had like one pass to them each...Kmet had a great catch called back for a lame flag, and Tonyan had a bad drop.

Gipson vanishes when the preseason ends is his problem. Where was he last year? In practice he has been a ghost and I imagine the same will happen if he stays on the 53 in the regular season.

The O-Line has had a bad week for injuries, but it sounds like 4 should be ready for the Packer game. No need to panic yet.

I think a many of you guys are taking pre-season too serious.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The one where he ran it on 2nd down right into a bunch of guys was clearly that.