The Grammys

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can someone please explain why people in Storm Trooper outfits are up there winning awards?

And what the fuck is up with Metallica playing One with a piano? :nope:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because Daft Punk are awesome.

Sorry, probably should have clarified. I like the song...a lot actually. But WHY are they wearing those outfits? Is it like a KISS thing were no one knows what they really look like?

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis swept the rap categories, just like they did at the MTV Awards.

That's BS. I understand that the Grammys want some white dudes to win the rap awards, but these guys are not Eminem.

There is no way in hell that they should have won over Kendrick Lamar.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can someone please explain why people in Storm Trooper outfits are up there winning awards?

I thought the piano addition for "One" was awesome.

Also, fuck The Grammys for cutting short the final performance. Dave Grohl should never be cut short.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought the piano addition for "One" was awesome.

Also, fuck The Grammys for cutting short the final performance. Dave Grohl should never be cut short.

Really? I mean I love Metallica and I love piano but the two should never be combined IMO. Missed the ending. Not a Dave Grohl fan but I'm sure people wanted to see that so they should have aired it.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Never honored troops once during the show. Pathetic.

And daft punk wearing costumes is just part of their mystique. They have always done that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Really? I mean I love Metallica and I love piano but the two should never be combined IMO. Missed the ending. Not a Dave Grohl fan but I'm sure people wanted to see that so they should have aired it.

I didn't watch the grammies, but god damn you do not cut out my boy Dave.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was bullshit. Paul and Ringo were great, I really liked Metallica with the pianist, and the country foursome. It wasn't just that they cut Dave Grohl off, it was that they were playing a badass song from QOTSA's new album. They had so many shit acts that don't know a damn thing about music, and they cut them off? Not enough lip syncing and cleavage I guess?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Never honored troops once during the show. Pathetic.

Not sure if serious.

What does a music awards show have to do with the military?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not sure if serious.

What does a music awards show have to do with the military?
Well the CMA's do it (at least I'm 99.9% positive they do) because they play to that crowd.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:

I stopped watching this award show years ago, but sat through it last night with the wife to watch Metallica, Stevie Wonder and some older performers. I was not impressed at all, and it seemed like some of them were stoned, drunk or both, and the sound techs sucked as some of the mikes seemed to be too low.

JLeigh34

Liked Posts:
I stopped watching this award show years ago, but sat through it last night with the wife to watch Metallica, Stevie Wonder and some older performers. I was not impressed at all, and it seemed like some of them were stoned, drunk or both, and the sound techs sucked as some of the mikes seemed to be too low.

I thought the same thing. Stevie Wonder must be losing his marbles because he completely missed his first verse then garbled the rest of the words in a confused haze.

I also felt like I couldn't hear the vocalists at all.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well the CMA's do it (at least I'm 99.9% positive they do) because they play to that crowd.

Right, but that's generally the "gawd n' guns" brigade. I don't know why anyone would expect it at the Grammys. It's bad enough having to endure it at sports events, imo.

On the same token, I didn't like having the gay marriage thing shoved down my throat either. I'm a supporter of gay rights, personally, but I hate when entertainment is hijacked to promote any political agenda, whether it's something I agree with or not. I can formulate my own opinions on issues; I don't need a bunch a idiot celebs telling me what's up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right, but that's generally the "gawd n' guns" brigade. I don't know why anyone would expect it at the Grammys. It's bad enough having to endure it at sports events, imo.

On the same token, I didn't like having the gay marriage thing shoved down my throat either. I'm a supporter of gay rights, personally, but I hate when entertainment is hijacked to promote any political agenda, whether it's something I agree with or not. I can formulate my own opinions on issues; I don't need a bunch a idiot celebs telling me what's up.

God forbid you should have to "endure" a tribute to our military at a sporting event. :obama:

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;yDNCx81xDoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDNCx81xDoI[/video]

Awesome song & performance :buttrock:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis swept the rap categories, just like they did at the MTV Awards.

That's BS. I understand that the Grammys want some white dudes to win the rap awards, but these guys are not Eminem.

There is no way in hell that they should have won over Kendrick Lamar.

Who is? After Biggie and Pac....the list gets pretty short IMO. Disclaimer: white dude.