The Grammys

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Who is? After Biggie and Pac....the list gets pretty short IMO. Disclaimer: white dude.
Right now Drake & Kendrick Lamar are on par with Eminem. All three are on another level than Macklemore, IMHO. He's good, but he shouldn't be winning awards over Kendrick or Drake right now.

Keep in mind that Eminem is one of my favorites of all time. My top 10 GOAT consists of Pac, Rakim, Andre 3000, Eminem, Biggie, LL Cool J, Nas, DMX, Jigga, Wayne/Kanye.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Right now Drake & Kendrick Lamar are on par with Eminem. All three are on another level than Macklemore, IMHO. He's good, but he shouldn't be winning awards over Kendrick or Drake right now.

Keep in mind that Eminem is one of my favorites of all time. My top 10 GOAT consists of Pac, Rakim, Andre 3000, Eminem, Biggie, LL Cool J, Nas, DMX, Jigga, Wayne/Kanye.

I agree that Macklemore is pedestrian but I have a serious problem with your top 10 GOAT list. Unless you are talking Billboard GOAT Mcs, and then I think Rakim might not belong on there...

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I agree that Macklemore is pedestrian but I have a serious problem with your top 10 GOAT list. Unless you are talking Billboard GOAT Mcs, and then I think Rakim might not belong on there...
I guess it's debatable, bro.

Rakim is one of my favorites & I feel his "calm" rapping style spawned a whole new generation of rappers, including Nas, Biggie, & JaY Z.

However, I am happy to see that you're into rap/hip-hop :beer: .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess it's debatable, bro.

Rakim is one of my favorites & I feel his "calm" rapping style spawned a whole new generation of rappers, including Nas, Biggie, & JaY Z.

However, I am happy to see that you're into rap/hip-hop :beer: .

No gangstarr? No slick Rick? Kool Keith? I would think any of these would be a top ten over dmx, Kanye, or Andre 3k.

It's all good doe, I guess we have different criteria. I am with u on Rakim, he just kinda stands out on your list because he is not a hit single rapper.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
No gangstarr? No slick Rick? Kool Keith? I would think any of these would be a top ten over dmx, Kanye, or Andre 3k.
Guru was a beast & Slick Rick is the greatest storyteller to ever hold a mic, but I admit that I'm sleep on Kool Keith. I will have to educate myself on him.

Because of his drug issues, I'm afraid DMX will never get the credit that he truly deserves. The lyrics on his first 4-5 albums were underrated, IMHO. I believe that Kanye is borderline genius/insane. His wordplay is overlooked sometimes because of his top notch ability as a producer. I'm kinda surprised that we disagree about Dre 3k. He's typically on most people's lists.

It's all good doe, I guess we have different criteria. I am with u on Rakim, he just kinda stands out on your list because he is not a hit single rapper.
Yea, that's the beauty of music. Everyone's list is different.

What are your preferences?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Guru was a beast & Slick Rick is the greatest storyteller to ever hold a mic, but I admit that I'm sleep on Kool Keith. I will have to educate myself on him.

Because of his drug issues, I'm afraid DMX will never get the credit that he truly deserves. The lyrics on his first 4-5 albums were underrated, IMHO. I believe that Kanye is borderline genius/insane. His wordplay is overlooked sometimes because of his top notch ability as a producer. I'm kinda surprised that we disagree about Dre 3k. He's typically on most people's lists.

Yea, that's the beauty of music. Everyone's list is different.

What are your preferences?

I like wacky shit with interesting beats. Really I think Wu Tang is the greatest but I don't really try to stay up to speed on what is out there currently. Last albums I bought were from El-P, Canibal Ox and Slug, so I guess I go for that more underground shit...

If you want to check out Kool Keith, he has made albums under numerous monikers. Dr. Octogon did well, he's also been Black Elvis, Dr. Doom (his hardcore albums), and more I can't remember right now. He is pretty much a freestyle rapper and is pretty out there but amazing all the same.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I thought the same thing. Stevie Wonder must be losing his marbles because he completely missed his first verse then garbled the rest of the words in a confused haze.

I also felt like I couldn't hear the vocalists at all.
I debated this with my wife, as she said I was going deaf..She likes to watch the Voice, and I'll join her in watching it on occasion, and I swear I notice the same thing with the mikes. Don't know if it's the equipment, or the techs...
It was terrible listening to the old country guys with Willie Nelson, their vocals sounded like whispers to me.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I like wacky shit with interesting beats. Really I think Wu Tang is the greatest
One of my favorite songs of all time..............

[video=youtube;0Bsl44gJAPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bsl44gJAPY[/video]

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Figures they'd cut off the one act I'd actually want to listen to, or one of the seemingly few that actually played their instruments and actually sang instead of lip syncing.

Ringo sounded like shit, no one actually likes Imagine Dragons, and why do the Garmmy's constantly have this need to mash up artists/bands? Fucking stupid.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didnt watch em, and after reading these posts...Im Glad

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
I didnt watch em, and after reading these posts...Im Glad

It's kinda like this thread. Once rap starts showing up... I'm out.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if you're Glaad, I'm surprised you didn't watch them

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
Well, you should hate all music then.

Rap is presently a part of every form of music, even country-western.

That's ridiculous. I'm not going to hate all music because rap is a part or sub-genre of something that I like.

Truth is, I like some of the cross-over stuff. Cowboy Troy, taking country for example... but what I don't like is the hardcore R&B/Hip-Hop/Rap... or whatever the "N" word dropping, head thumping shit that I can hear eight cars behind me is called these days.

Even then, I'm not saying that it's "bad music"................. because music is subjective.
(Excluding Eric Clapton, he sucks.)

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
That's ridiculous. I'm not going to hate all music because rap is a part or sub-genre of something that I like.

Truth is, I like some of the cross-over stuff. Cowboy Troy, taking country for example... but what I don't like is the hardcore R&B/Hip-Hop/Rap... or whatever the "N" word dropping, head thumping shit that I can hear eight cars behind me is called these days.

Even then, I'm not saying that it's "bad music"................. because music is subjective.
(Excluding Eric Clapton, he sucks.)
Fair enough.

Angel

Liked Posts:
I'm not the biggest Macklemore or Drake fan but Macklemore is far superior to Drake on a lyrical level and it's not even close. Kendrick should have won though.

Rakim gets the top MC spot because set the standard for what MC'ing is. It's a standard that's lasted for 27-28 years. He's your favorite MCs favorite MC. They all aspired to be like him. The only MC that's come close is Nas.

JayZ is ok. Never did anything mind blowing or game changing.

Biggie was on his way to greatness.

Pac was the most impact flu and really spoke to the people. Dude was literally a 60s black panther delivering a message in the 90s

Eminem might be a top 5 when it's all said and done. Probably still the fiercest big name MC in the game.

Kane, Kool G and Slick Rick gotta be up there along with KRS and Ice Cube.

Greatest group? Toss up between The Roots, Outkast and Wu. Lyrically Black Thought and 3Stacks are better than anyone on the Wu but as a collective the Wu was something serious.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
anybody like slum village?