The Hall of Shame (Cubs or otherwise)

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
came up with the hall of shame?

*edit by Rice: discuss the players you think deserve a spot in the Hall of Shame

Last edited by a moderator:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't. That was probably Anno. What happened? What did I miss?

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I didn't. That was probably Anno. What happened? What did I miss?

whoever it was did a rather funny "Hall of Shame idea" on facebook, basically calling for the inverse of the Hall of Fame. It should include bad players and players who got an AB they didn't deserve (you see where this is going).

Long story short, there was much butthurt and s/he took down the post.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why'd people get butthurt? Because they made fun of Tony Campana? Or because someone undeserving actually got called out? I totally missed it :lol: I thought from your thread title that someone did something super offensive :lol:

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
He called out Adam Greenberg, the sacred cow of crazy Facebook Cubs fans...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, is that all. Well, that might have been slightly tasteless, I mean the guy only took a shot to the head and got concussed to hell. But there are plenty of other Cubs who deserve to be in the Hall of Shame.

I'm going to change your thread title now :D

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Oh, is that all. Well, that might have been slightly tasteless, I mean the guy only took a shot to the head and got concussed to hell. But there are plenty of other Cubs who deserve to be in the Hall of Shame.

I'm going to change your thread title now :D

The reaction to it had me laughing...until the post got deleted. That Facebook page has some gem fans on it.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously a guy like Koyie Hill comes to mind. I'm sure there are many more random marginal Cubs. Then there's the immortal Yuniesky Betancourt, who is not a Cub (and God willing never will be) but is the scourge of baseball fans everywhere :D

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reaction to it had me laughing...until the post got deleted. That Facebook page has some gem fans on it.

Well, Anno enjoys trolling his own page at times :lol: I'm usually just okay with rolling my eyes and moving on, but he likes to keep things interesting.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Yunel Escobar comes to mind. Nick Swisher is an epic asshat, Brett Myers deserves to be on this list.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yunel Escobar comes to mind. Nick Swisher is an epic asshat, Brett Myers deserves to be on this list.

Are we doing this based on their baseball ability or whether you want to punch them in the face?

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Are we doing this based on their baseball ability or whether you want to punch them in the face?

Can't it be both?

Erstad belongs here, Jason Bay, Vernon Wells...Kotsay when he was a DH

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like if it includes the "punch in face" factor you almost have to put Bonds and Clemens in the Hall of Shame :lol:

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
I feel like if it includes the "punch in face" factor you almost have to put Bonds and Clemens in the Hall of Shame :lol:

Is Sosa a "Punch Me" Guy or "Laugh at his ass" guy?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we split guys up into era's? Because 2011 Adam Dunn is on this list then.

As with the regular Hall of Fame I believe you must look at the player's career as a whole. But since we're making shit up, why not.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Since no real criteria seems to exist, I'll cast a vote for Milton Bradley...a punch in the face guy.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Jaime Navarro, Royce Clayton, DeAngelo Jimenez, Scott Linestink, Cory Snyder get my vote. Fuck Em

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
These Cubs belong in there:

Wayne Schurr, a right-handed relief pitcher who threw in 26 games, all losses, in 1964; and Jack Warner, another righty reliever who pitched in parts of four seasons (1962, 1963, 1964 and 1965), appearing in 32 games without ever participating in a victory. (source: bleedcubbieblue)