The Hasselbeck brothers talk about MG on ESPN NFL Live today

Luke

Liked Posts:
FYI, if you have a chance, it looks like there is another episode tonight at 10pm central on the deuce. They say some good things about MG and show some clips. Also had Jordan Howard a few more Bears tidbits and Kiper.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would it be so hard for Bears fans to just give Glennon a chance?

I am with you- I am mystified at the hatred for Glennon.
He had a reputable rookie year and may just be a steal.
Even if he isnt, he is a one year guy covering in a year that doesnt matter anyway.

At least the bears are not trotting out proven losers- they are trotting out a mid level/ unknown.

Hating on Glennon is the new hip thing I guess.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think that Cutler has poisoned the opinion of so many Bears fans, that pessimism is the popular thing to knock any QB that the Bears have.

Glennon is an odd looking fellow, but so is Terrel Suggs (dude is scary ugly).

I hope he outplays his contract.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think that Cutler has poisoned the opinion of so many Bears fans, that pessimism is the popular thing to knock any QB that the Bears have.

Glennon is an odd looking fellow, but so is Terrel Suggs (dude is scary ugly).

I hope he outplays his contract.

That is not fair to Cutler.

Many fans who are whiny bitches were that long before Cutler arrived.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a guy who thinks Watson will be the real thing in the NFL and yet I'm fine with Glennon. It's not white and black so you can cut the teenage drama shit out. There is no reason the Bears can't sign who they perceive as the best FA QB available and also draft a QB they love high in the draft. The position is too valuable to put all your eggs in one unproven basket and Pace has shown he likes to employ the shotgun approach when filling a void on the team.

Glennon has a lot of intriguing attributes about him but don't forget that Tampa drafted Jameis Winston when they could have built around Glennon. That's not to say that Glennon can't be a really good QB but it also doesn't preclude Pace from drafting a guy he loves early and letting them battle it out for the next couple years and may the best man win.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I think the issue is the contract they gave him. If it was 7.5m a year no one cares

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
The contract and the fact that he was handed the starting job. Like who the fuck is he? What has he done in the NFL to be handed a starting job?

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:

no no no its the bears fans money how dare the bears use a bit more of their cap on a guy that the Bears scouts and coaches like. we didn't trade our entire draft for Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Jimmy Garapollo (or however the fuck you spell it) so Pace is an idiot.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Chance at what?

He's our "starter". We have no choice in the matter.

Which brings up the key point, if you had a choice, is this guy your ride or die?

I'm not going to blame him if he sucks as a Bear. In fact I'm going to hope he doesn't suck - as most Bears fans should. The person to hold accountable is the GM.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chance at what?

He's our "starter". We have no choice in the matter.

Which brings up the key point, if you had a choice, is this guy your ride or die?

I'm not going to blame him if he sucks as a Bear. In fact I'm going to hope he doesn't suck - as most Bears fans should. The person to hold accountable is the GM.

None of us have a choice in any matters. haaa. I know, I'm being a smartass. Point stands that we have a right to be cautious, but it's a shame that so many are instantly pessimistic with the draft and upcoming season(s) to determine if the move was solid, great, or dumb. I'm seeing VERY little crow on the last draft, which is now apparently upgraded to an A by Kiper, after the CCS imploded on the Floyd pick. Short-sightedness is not a good look or quality.

e85b424bc26a37ce2f33f2c582b692bc.jpg

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The contract and the fact that he was handed the starting job. Like who the fuck is he? What has he done in the NFL to be handed a starting job?

He had a better overall rookie season than Carr did a year later while in a worse situation.
He had a better rookie year than Bortles.
His rookie year sits almost right between the rookie years of Winston and Marriota.
He had a better rookie year than Wentz.
... td to int wise, he had a superior rookie year to Andrew luck.
All in all, that is some pretty damn solid comparisons in which he holds his own.

People on here are convinced he is trash already.
Hell, maybe he will turn out to be trash- but his rookie year showed potential and he has no glaring faults anyone can point to as of yet.

I am very interested to see what he can do, and the fact that he hasnt been "the guy" in tampa the past 2 years does not bother me in the slightest-
Lovie brought in a FA guy that put up 13 tds and 1 int the year prior in hopes he was the next resurgent Warner type guy.
The failure of McCown led to a must-pick QB the following year.

Given the trash he had to work with, the fact he was tossed in week 4 after freeeman shat the bed, and the respectable year he put up... I would say that in itself is good enough to earn him a look.

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
I am a guy who thinks Watson will be the real thing in the NFL and yet I'm fine with Glennon. It's not white and black so you can cut the teenage drama shit out. There is no reason the Bears can't sign who they perceive as the best FA QB available and also draft a QB they love high in the draft. The position is too valuable to put all your eggs in one unproven basket and Pace has shown he likes to employ the shotgun approach when filling a void on the team.

Glennon has a lot of intriguing attributes about him but don't forget that Tampa drafted Jameis Winston when they could have built around Glennon. That's not to say that Glennon can't be a really good QB but it also doesn't preclude Pace from drafting a guy he loves early and letting them battle it out for the next couple years and may the best man win.

Now I'm not saying this was the case, but if Tampa had determined that Winston was a once in a lifetime talent it doesn't matter who was your QB before. If you think you have the next Peyton Manning you draft him regardless.

Even the the Colts got rid of the real Manning to draft "the next Manning" and no one questioned that decision.