The Hypocrisy Needs to End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I called playoffs....however, I never ever say a team will not make the playoffs. But, that still counts, lol.

Dont_Pass_Go

Liked Posts:
I still think the Bears will finish 7-9. I'll eat my crow at the end of the season. I am glad they are winning though.

Who do you have us losing too? We have the Bills, another game against the Lions, and 2 against the Vikings.

Then we also have Washington, and Carolina.

A lot of teams are playing down to their potential, but IMO so are we. We're leaving a lot of points off the board.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
With Buffalo,Seattle,Carolina,Detroit and a Giants game this weekend(of which I think the Bears will smoke 'em) things are starting to get vetty vetty intawesting.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
lol @ all the people coming out now and patting themselves on the back with "I didn't think this team was going to be bad" and "I predicted this record and maybe a playoff spot!" kind of posts. Come on. This team is winning, but not in any fashion that was or is predictable, and to have predicted this kind of winning before the season would be a ludicrous proposition, both then and now.

This team is playing like hot garbage in a lot of the areas "naysayers" were foretelling (offensive line play, defensive pressure on the QB, pass coverage), yet they are still finding ways to win, but none of those reasons were cause for positive predictions by anybody. So be happy with the Bears winning, but don't act like you saw this season coming, because I can guarantee you that you didn't. Nobody did.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol @ all the people coming out now and patting themselves on the back with "I didn't think this team was going to be bad" and "I predicted this record and maybe a playoff spot!" kind of posts. Come on. This team is winning, but not in any fashion that was or is predictable, and to have predicted this kind of winning before the season would be a ludicrous proposition, both then and now.

This team is playing like hot garbage in a lot of the areas "naysayers" were foretelling (offensive line play, defensive pressure on the QB, pass coverage), yet they are still finding ways to win, but none of those reasons were cause for positive predictions by anybody. So be happy with the Bears winning, but don't act like you saw this season coming, because I can guarantee you that you didn't. Nobody did.

Lol at you for refusing to give any credit...both to the people that were correct in predictions and the Bears for winning games. I love your posts with thought, because you put more of it into your posts than 90% of the posters here...but man...some of your posts just make you sound arrogant and pissed that you were wrong.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Lol at you for refusing to give any credit...both to the people that were correct in predictions and the Bears for winning games. I love your posts with thought, because you put more of it into your posts than 90% of the posters here...but man...some of your posts just make you sound arrogant and pissed that you were wrong.

On what was I wrong, pray-tell? This team is 3-0, could just as easily be 1-2 or even 0-3, and could just as easily still end the season under .500. My point is, nobody predicted both the Bears winning these games in this fashion. Nobody. So then, it's erroneous to come out and pat yourself on the back for predicting the outcome of something that happened nothing like what you predicted. Be happy the team is winning, but don't try to take credit for things that happened nothing like you had hoped or predicted, that's all I'm saying.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On what was I wrong, pray-tell? This team is 3-0, could just as easily be 1-2 or even 0-3, and could just as easily still end the season under .500. My point is, nobody predicted both the Bears winning these games in this fashion. Nobody. So then, it's erroneous to come out and pat yourself on the back for predicting the outcome of something that happened nothing like what you predicted. Be happy the team is winning, but don't try to take credit for things that happened nothing like you had hoped or predicted, that's all I'm saying.

Exactly.

I don't recall anyone making positive predictions likes this:

"Our offensive line will suck, our defensive line will generate minimal pressure, and our DB's will play marginal football...but we will still go 10-6 and make the playoffs."

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is the team better than some(including me) thought? Perhaps. But this team was still a Calvin Johnson "drop" away from losing to the Lions at home, and Monday were some Packers shit headedness and a fumble away from possibly losing that game. The Bears have been catching some breaks yes. And that's great. I'm happy as all hell I've been "wrong" so far and the team's record is better than I thought it would be. However most/all the pre-season concerns still remain and this team doesn't look anywhere near as good as they did in 2006.

Right now they are closer to 2001..except with a better offense. That 2001 caught a ton of breaks, won the division despite not even being the best team in it (The Packers finished 12-4 and housed the Bears twice) but once they got to the playoffs couldn't catch any breaks and had their weaknesses exposed.

They are 3-0. That's awesome. But let's not pretend it's been an overly impressive 3-0 or that the play has put to bed many of the concerns we had about this team 4 weeks ago.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Hey, i never expected to be 3-0 at this juncture, ill eat my crow as long as we keep winning

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I will be the first to say so far I have been totally wrong about the Bears season and happy as hell I have been wrong.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

So, in order for a prediction to gain any sort of credit, they need to script the plays as well? Or give a drive-by-drive account of what would happen?

Look, everyone says the Bears should've lost the game against Detroit. I say they should have won by 20+. Several people say a bad rule (called correctly) cost the lions the game...I say 4 turnovers after moving the ball all over the place about cost the Bears the game. It's impossible, completely, to determine situational outcomes of in-game events, b/c the events in the game are unknown and ever-changing. It still doesn't change the fact that predictions were correct.

Same thing w/ the damn packers game. All I've heard since that game ended was how the Packers beat themselves, mainly with penalties. LMMFAO. Peppers was held on every other play he rushed on...and several of them were called. That's the Packers beating themselves? Holding Peppers instead of letting him wallop Rodgers? And the not-to-be INTs...Cutler threw one that was intercepted over the middle and negated by a helmet-to-helmet hit...that ball clearly affected Cutler's release...If the hit didn't happen, the ball may have still been INT'd, or incomplete, or caught by the Bears. No one knows. And on the deep ball late in the game that was picked but called back for PI...you don't think Martz and Cutler KNOW the secondary was littered with unproven rookies for the Packers? As far as we know, Cutler and Bennett planned on a short throw, and Bennett just had to make contact w/ a player who is less-skilled/football savvy.

I guess what my point is, is you can go through every single game and say "Well, the losing team should have won because...." But it didn't happen. You can put it to luck, game-planning, intelligence (or lack thereof) or what have you. But when the game was over, one team won....the other didn't.

People don't predict how teams will win...people predict THAT teams will win. Plain and simple. I give credit to people that make good predictions...and make fun of all the Mark Schlereth's who routinely suck at life...and football predictions...

kudos to those who had the Bears better after 3 weeks than the majority.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
So, in order for a prediction to gain any sort of credit, they need to script the plays as well? Or give a drive-by-drive account of what would happen?

Look, everyone says the Bears should've lost the game against Detroit. I say they should have won by 20+. Several people say a bad rule (called correctly) cost the lions the game...I say 4 turnovers after moving the ball all over the place about cost the Bears the game. It's impossible, completely, to determine situational outcomes of in-game events, b/c the events in the game are unknown and ever-changing. It still doesn't change the fact that predictions were correct.

Same thing w/ the damn packers game. All I've heard since that game ended was how the Packers beat themselves, mainly with penalties. LMMFAO. Peppers was held on every other play he rushed on...and several of them were called. That's the Packers beating themselves? Holding Peppers instead of letting him wallop Rodgers? And the not-to-be INTs...Cutler threw one that was intercepted over the middle and negated by a helmet-to-helmet hit...that ball clearly affected Cutler's release...If the hit didn't happen, the ball may have still been INT'd, or incomplete, or caught by the Bears. No one knows. And on the deep ball late in the game that was picked but called back for PI...you don't think Martz and Cutler KNOW the secondary was littered with unproven rookies for the Packers? As far as we know, Cutler and Bennett planned on a short throw, and Bennett just had to make contact w/ a player who is less-skilled/football savvy.

I guess what my point is, is you can go through every single game and say "Well, the losing team should have won because...." But it didn't happen. You can put it to luck, game-planning, intelligence (or lack thereof) or what have you. But when the game was over, one team won....the other didn't.

People don't predict how teams will win...people predict THAT teams will win. Plain and simple. I give credit to people that make good predictions...and make fun of all the Mark Schlereth's who routinely suck at life...and football predictions...

kudos to those who had the Bears better after 3 weeks than the majority.

Ok, so you admittedly want to give credit to people for vaguely predicting the outcome of an event, and are willing to set aside all forms of ambiguity surrounding that outcome so long as the original prediction held up in the end. That's uhh....a pretty pointless and stupid exercise, but ok.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok, so you admittedly want to give credit to people for vaguely predicting the outcome of an event, and are willing to set aside all forms of ambiguity surrounding that outcome so long as the original prediction held up in the end. That's uhh....a pretty pointless and stupid exercise, but ok.

In the end, isn't pretty much every "prediction" in the sports world a pointless and stupid exercise? But, if its what you enjoy, have at it. Personally, I think finding the wrong in every single post you read on a msg board a pointless and stupid exercise...but its what you enjoy doing, so have at it my friend.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
In the end, isn't pretty much every "prediction" in the sports world a pointless and stupid exercise? But, if its what you enjoy, have at it. Personally, I think finding the wrong in every single post you read on a msg board a pointless and stupid exercise...but its what you enjoy doing, so have at it my friend.

Hey, it's not my fault there's a whole lot of wrong and stupid going on. :dunno:

And look, my point is that you shouldn't make predictions, but giving credit to people for correctly guessing (because if you are completely unwilling to take into account what actually played into the decision other than the decision itself, that's exactly what the people are doing) the outcome of an NFL game is a pretty futile exercise.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hey, it's not my fault there's a whole lot of wrong and stupid going on. :dunno:

And look, my point is that you shouldn't make predictions, but giving credit to people for correctly guessing (because if you are completely unwilling to take into account what actually played into the decision other than the decision itself, that's exactly what the people are doing) the outcome of an NFL game is a pretty futile exercise.

Do you fill out a bracket for March Madness?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nope. For the exact same reasons I just gave.

I assumed you didn't...you might be many things, but never a hypocrite.

But, given the overall acceptance/exhilaration of the NCAA Tourney, you surely understand why the common fan is "in to" the prediction business, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.