The Ironies of McCown to Tampa

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that would be some weird shit.

Lovie pushed out of Chicago unable to solve offense takes a year off and then poaches the back-up from….

Chicago. wtf?

Does McCown take the offense with him like Peyton Manning? Take the playbook Josh.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCown knows that the only place he can excel at the QB position in the twilight of his career is in Trestman's offense with an extremely talented offense around him. He has two choices to make:
(a) Sign with the Bears as a backup and probably get a chance to lead them when Cutler gets injured.
(b) Sign for more money elsewhere, possibly as a starter and fail miserably like he has everywhere else in his career.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Ironic in the Alanis Morrestte way perhaps.

With that Tedford guy from Cal being OC there's got to be some vet QB who played for him they could get to compete as a vet backup.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
McCown knows that the only place he can excel at the QB position in the twilight of his career is in Trestman's offense with an extremely talented offense around him. He has two choices to make:
(a) Sign with the Bears as a backup and probably get a chance to lead them when Cutler gets injured.
(b) Sign for more money elsewhere, possibly as a starter and fail miserably like he has everywhere else in his career.

Pretty much.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

But several million more dollars over 2-3 years is far more important than being in Trestman's offense in my opinion. If I were McCown I would take the most Money I could get and set my family up for generations.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
that would be some weird shit.

Lovie pushed out of Chicago unable to solve offense takes a year off and then poaches the back-up from….

Chicago. wtf?

Does McCown take the offense with him like Peyton Manning? Take the playbook Josh.

McCown is staying a bear. Just like prime time said the only place he has ever excelled was the Bears. He will get paid by the bears and it's easy to resign with the team that have you the shot to come back in the nfl.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope not. But you're probably right.

Oh I hope not either. But he's had one healthy year here. 2009, which was his first year here and it was before he really started taking constant beatings.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whether it happens or not you're kind of a **** for saying that.

Perhaps, but to me its more reason to make sure we keep McCown.

Mark Addison

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JXsv6O9ehsOypOuUEmAtBHcRliZY-AuBfMZw_oLobPFs5D-xASkROCwD_cqwBhxc5VMoeJojhxYz_jPbCiZpAqlJUaaKUVrm_sBmcXN8pfeCUOPei7Y

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But several million more dollars over 2-3 years is far more important than being in Trestman's offense in my opinion. If I were McCown I would take the most Money I could get and set my family up for generations.

But how much of that money is guaranteed will be the sticky point. If McCown takes what looks like the more money deal, but lays a dud in his first chance with that new team, the likelihood of him getting another chance will be small IMO. If he stays here as the backup for $1 mil or something to that effect, he should be able to stretch that out for a few years if he keeps looking good. So he could wind up actually making more money as a backup here, than going and risking it all on another team. At least here he knows the system, knows he has good weapons, and knows he can play well. Would he risk all that to go get low end starter money on the Jaguars or another team like that?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to want 35 year old starter who has failed in ever system he has ever been in except for Trestman's. He may get some more money to be a backup somewhere but he won't be a starter..... Unless it's Cleveland. They don't have a fucking clue

Aqbased

Liked Posts:
Yea take the only 10% of trestmans playbook that was used when mccown was on the field because he couldn't throw the other 75% of plays

the other 5% goes against his religion