The Jumping the Gun Thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
To many people on here bitching. It's far from over. We still may very well win it all. Shit happens. Milwaukee is a good team with a good coach. Just because we dropped 2 games doesn't mean it's over.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To many people on here bitching. It's far from over. We still may very well win it all. Shit happens. Milwaukee is a good team with a good coach. Just because we dropped 2 games doesn't mean it's over.
No way!

Liked Posts:
Not to compare this team or their opponent to a historical one in any means but the '96 Bulls did drop 2 straight after building a 3-0 lead before closing the deal

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not to compare this team or their opponent to a historical one in any means but the '96 Bulls did drop 2 straight after building a 3-0 lead before closing the deal

good thing there wasn't really any forums back then :lol:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

in the finals, against a Sonics team that would be the best team in the league today

we are talking about the Bucks with not one guy shooting over 40% in the series, who benefited from the east being terrible, in the first damn round

Liked Posts:
in the finals, against a Sonics team that would be the best team in the league today

we are talking about the Bucks with not one guy shooting over 40% in the series, who benefited from the east being terrible, in the first damn round

Exactly, I'm saying that they can still close the deal..both of those teams were definitely better than today's bulls and bucks.

Maybe a more recent example the Knicks from two years ago

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Exactly, I'm saying that they can still close the deal..both of those teams were definitely better than today's bulls and bucks.

oh i know they will beat the bucks...not positive they go far after that

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I 100% believe the conspiracy theory behind them dropping those two games in the 96 Finals.

Jordan wanted to clinch the Championship on Fathers Day.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

LOL. That's exactly what this bulls team is. The 96 bulls LOL. Good comparison.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I read somewhere that teams that went up 3-0 then the series became 3-2... are 6-3 in Game 6's.

I know the Knicks series you speak of is one... The Celtics-Magic series in 2010 is another.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I read somewhere that teams that went up 3-0 then the series became 3-2... are 6-3 in Game 6's.

I know the Knicks series you speak of is one... The Celtics-Magic series in 2010 is another.
History doesn't mean shit. This bulls team sucks right now. Milwaukee isn't great. The bulls just suck. History didn't stop the bulls from losing in 2012. Number 1 seeds don't lose to number 8 seeds.

Liked Posts:
LOL. That's exactly what this bulls team is. The 96 bulls LOL. Good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeIsMoney View Post

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
it had nothing to do with Karl finally putting GP on Jordan?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by TimeIsMoney View Post
Translation: Not to compare this team to a team that won 72 games, but I am going to compare this team to a team that won 72 games.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
History doesn't mean shit. This bulls team sucks right now. Milwaukee isn't great. The bulls just suck. History didn't stop the bulls from losing in 2012. Number 1 seeds don't lose to number 8 seeds.
OH you know.. except they have 3 other times in NBA history.

1994 Sonics, 2007 Mavericks, 2011 Spurs.

The 2012 Bulls lost their Superstar, those other 3 teams didn't lose their Superstar(s)

No team in NBA History has lost after a 3-0 lead... Its kinda like the NCAA's 16th seed. Sure it'll happen someday, but thus far, it has not.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Please move this convo to the ANTIjinx thread, thx in advance