The Lovie Smith Thread

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want a coach with da fire and da passion...

Does that make me a bad person?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I wish I could find a picture of Jauron with a mustache

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I would be making shit up if I had said they blitzed on those particular plays. Yet, I didn't. I said they came out attacking him and backed off after the D. Manning brain fart and played almost exclusively Tampa 2, so it's pretty obvious you're reading shit that isn't there. I know that both, the INT & TD happened on a 3rd and long, when the Bears usually go into Cover 2, which is why I never said anything about them blitzing on any particular play.

Define that.

You're coming off as someone who just wants to find shit to pick at.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just going to make that point.

Also, any season the Bears didnt perform it was usually because of major injuries or QB issues.

In 2007, you have Rex Grossman turning into a mental midget and then injuries to Mike Brown, Vasher, Harris, etc.
In 2008, Orton suffered an ankle injury and never really recovered from it the rest of the way. The defense suffered Mike Brown going in and out of many games before finally being put on IR for the last game of the season (which the Bears lost because of crappy secondary play).
In 2009, they lost Orton and had Jay Cutler throwing interceptions left and right.
in 2011, lost Cutler, had no reliable backup.

Because of Angelo, the Bears never had any reliable backups or talent in development that could step up and fill the shoes of Urlacher, Briggs, Cutler or really any player who was injured really.

2009 might be the biggest indictment of Lovie. Althugh Forte was banged up all season with a hamstring or knee injury that lingered from Training Camp IIRC. That was also one of the Babich seasons as DC. A Lovie call there. The defense was prett awful that season as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
2009 might be the biggest indictment of Lovie. Althugh Forte was banged up all season with a hamstring or knee injury that lingered from Training Camp IIRC. That was also one of the Babich seasons as DC. A Lovie call there. The defense was prett awful that season as well.

Hmmm... I screwed up that post I realized in which I meant to say we lost Urlacher for the season instead of saying Orton.

Also Lovie was actually the coordinator that season. Babich was in charge in 2007 and 2008..and still technically held the title in 2009, but Lovie was supposedly calling plays.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3831098

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm... I screwed up that post I realized in which I meant to say we lost Urlacher for the season instead of saying Orton.

Also Lovie was actually the coordinator that season. Babich was in charge in 2007 and 2008..and still technically held the title in 2009, but Lovie was supposedly calling plays.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3831098
Hmm good call on Babich. i thought one year he was like demoted midseason.

That 2009 season..wasn't that the Cinci game where our MLB got raped all day in the deep middle?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hmm good call on Babich. i thought one year he was like demoted midseason.

That 2009 season..wasn't that the Cinci game where our MLB got raped all day in the deep middle?

Yeah..I want to say that was when Hillenmeyer went out with an injury and they put Roach there. I dont think the defense got a stop all game...The Arizona game was similar that year except I think they got a stop sometime in the 3rd.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah..I want to say that was when Hillenmeyer went out with an injury and they put Roach there. I dont think the defense got a stop all game...The Arizona game was similar that year except I think they got a stop sometime in the 3rd.

Kind of scary to think what will happen when Urlacher is finally gone because we still don't have a capable back up in the middle.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kind of scary to think what will happen when Urlacher is finally gone because we still don't have a capable back up in the middle.

That is exactly why the defense concerns me this year with Urlacher's lingering injury. Makes me wish we would have played an opponent the last game of the year that was fighting for a playoff spot and could have blown us out and Urlacher wouldn't have been in there at the end of the game to get injured. But can't play that what if shit..

I've been advocating the Bears draft a replacement for Urlacher since he had that injury in 2009. We also all knew he was getting old anyways, but in a way, we also knew Angelo wouldn't be able to draft one anyways..so we'll have to see if Emery finds someone in this next draft, I sure as hell hope he does.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

I recall the Ravens game being a debacle also.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I recall the Ravens game being a debacle also.

Yeah, that game wasn't as bad though.. I think it was 14-7 Ravens at half time..The 3rd quarter the Ravens exploded and then nothing happened in the 4th quarter. The offense literally did nothing that game.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That is exactly why the defense concerns me this year with Urlacher's lingering injury. Makes me wish we would have played an opponent the last game of the year that was fighting for a playoff spot and could have blown us out and Urlacher wouldn't have been in there at the end of the game to get injured. But can't play that what if shit..

I've been advocating the Bears draft a replacement for Urlacher since he had that injury in 2009. We also all knew he was getting old anyways, but in a way, we also knew Angelo wouldn't be able to draft one anyways..so we'll have to see if Emery finds someone in this next draft, I sure as hell hope he does.

If the 3 tech and whomever is NT can collapse the pocket and disrupt the run game...it will mask some of the deficiencies...although not having Urlacher back there is huge. I still don't know if Roach is athletic enough to cover a TE. So far in the scrimmages that they've played this year, the lack of proper tackling is bugging the shit out of me.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah, that game wasn't as bad though.. I think it was 14-7 Ravens at half time..The 3rd quarter the Ravens exploded and then nothing happened in the 4th quarter. The offense literally did nothing that game.

Wasn't that the Earl Bennett PR for a TD game?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yup, our only score!

Cutler threw 3 picks and threw for only 37% accuracy.
After that Cutler must've told Tuner "Fuck You!"

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

mt.jpg

"Sup?"

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
After that Cutler must've told Tuner "Fuck You!"

Well over the next two games he threw 8 touchdowns and only 1 INT..so yeah! haha

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Good think decent cover 2 MLB don't cost a fortune. So it looks like our needs are LT, DT (unless Melton steps up), and MLB. Sigh. :(