The mismanagement of Mitch Trubisky.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you got that mixed up. It was never going to be Watson, but Pace did have interest in Mahomes. It should of been Mahomes though for sure.

Bears work out Trubisky, reportedly visit with Mahomes
Yeah but Fox wanted Watson, and Mahomes was being compared to Cutler. No way they were gonna pick him. That article you linked to said no QBs were worth the third pick basically. Well suck it NFL the Bears grabbed him with the second.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It’s easy to say the Bears should have drafted Mahomes now, but he was never gonna be the pick that high. It should have been Watson though for sure.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes this. NO NFL team would have taken Mahomes that high.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fun Fact.

Mitch is 1st in the league in Aggressiveness %, 1st in the league in Intended Air Yards, and 1st in the league in Average yards to the sticks.

Mitch, at the start of the season, was playing very aggressive. His throws were downfield, and he didn't throw the short cute shit.

Then Nagy decided he wanted to run HIS offense HIS way. We got the switch, and now we got foles out there statistically worse in every category. Fun times.

It's pretty clear nagy never tried to adjust his scheme to mitch's strengths, and yes, he does have some.

Fun Fact.

3M started the season against 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL and still managed to lose his job after shitting the bed against the Falcons.

I would have no problem switching back to 3M at this point to see if he learned anything on the bench but throwing out these stats are meaningless because they were accumulated against terrible fucking teams and despite those terrible fucking teams, 3M still played horribly for large portions of most games.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, based on their college performances, had we drafted Watson or Mahomes, either one of them would have likely become Jay Cutler 2.0 here.

Which is still better than Trubisky. :ROFLMAO:

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Honestly, based on their college performances, had we drafted Watson or Mahomes, either one of them would have likely become Jay Cutler 2.0 here.

Which is still better than Trubisky. :ROFLMAO:

Watson would probably be on his 3rd set of bionic legs by now behind this line.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
One Thing I will say, Mitch can out run a Nose tackle!

With Foles, it is a never a sure Thing.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
If the Chiefs drafted Mitch (like if we took Patrick), i guarantee that Andy Reid would have him light years ahead of where he is now. We've pretty much ruined the guy.
Or Mitch just isn’t very good and never was

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said that was a better option. He sucks too and I said it when the season started.

But you mitch lovers still acting like he has nfl potential is funny. 4 years in. #2 overall pick and you hope that he can build off a good performance. Stupidity!!

Ummm I don't see how u can say he doesn't still have a shot....if he lands where someone actually uses his skillset, he will develop and become better. Acting like its impossible is comical.

Its funny that people want to ignore when Mitch has played good, is when Ravens, Bills and SF type of games where called.....Dallas was one last year. Now imagine someone using him like that consistently.

Unfortunately he was with a pos coach who, has failed him and this team at every turn. We don't have the players to run his scheme and he continues to push forward that they can...hence his inept offenses and riding a super bowl defense for victories.

Will Mitch be great...heck no....but damn sure can be a middle tier QB u can win with, who makes plays here and there. Nagy is the biggest issue and Pace hanging on to him, will cost him his job.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Wonder if Mitch is miking his injury to get out of Chicago healthy and leave this terrible franchise at seasons end.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Fun Fact.

Mitch is 1st in the league in Aggressiveness %, 1st in the league in Intended Air Yards, and 1st in the league in Average yards to the sticks.

Mitch, at the start of the season, was playing very aggressive. His throws were downfield, and he didn't throw the short cute shit.

Then Nagy decided he wanted to run HIS offense HIS way. We got the switch, and now we got foles out there statistically worse in every category. Fun times.

It's pretty clear nagy never tried to adjust his scheme to mitch's strengths, and yes, he does have some.

i wonder how this team would have been if we kept mitch and ran the week 1 and 2 offense

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Fun Fact.

3M started the season against 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL and still managed to lose his job after shitting the bed against the Falcons.

I would have no problem switching back to 3M at this point to see if he learned anything on the bench but throwing out these stats are meaningless because they were accumulated against terrible fucking teams and despite those terrible fucking teams, 3M still played horribly for large portions of most games.

what if the problem was not just mitch? For me he was solid in 2018 and then in 2019 he sucks. Coincidentally its when nagy decided to go away from Mitch’s strengths and run his offense.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
what if the problem was not just mitch? For me he was solid in 2018 and then in 2019 he sucks. Coincidentally its when nagy decided to go away from Mitch’s strengths and run his offense.
No one said it’s just Mitch. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a huge part of a huge problem

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wonder if Mitch is miking his injury to get out of Chicago healthy and leave this terrible franchise at seasons end.
If Nagy basically wanted to turn him into his latest gimmicky freak show with no regard for his body, I sure hope the fuck he is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It most definitely is not just Mitch. The point was others being at fault does not absolve Mitch from being shit himself.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
True, drafting one of the most raw QB prospect in the draft to a team that has never developed a QB.

What could go wrong!

Mahomes got drafted into the perfect situation, and his talent blossomed. I have zero doubt if we drafted him we would have turned him into cutler. This organization has no idea how to develop a Quarterback.

Once again, all situations are different. Just because a player succeeded or failed somewhere doesn't mean he would succeed or fail elsewhere. The draft is a crapshoot for that reason. It's not just talent alone, it's being able to put that player in the best possible scenario to succeed. We have never, in my lifetime, put a young QB in the best possible situation.

You should definitely try to give the QB all the tools to succeed but talent is talent. Look at Burrow. Is he in the best situation? Fuck no. But he’s playing well. Why? Talent and ability. Mitch just isn’t very talented. At least in terms of where he was drafted. He simply does not have the arm talent or the accuracy. It boggles my mind how a professional QB drafted in the top 5 can’t even throw a fucken spiral