The Mitch & Nillz Bulls Show - Episode 10: Great Expectations

Liked Posts:
Check out episode 10 and let us know your thoughts on any of the following issues discussed on the show:

1. Which Bulls player do you expect to have a breakout year this season?
2. Who should we expect to have a drop off in productivity/effectiveness?
3. In light of the recent Olympic games, do you see Team USA actually losing?
4. What changes would you make to Team USA, if any?
5. What updates, if any, would you make to NBA 2K13?
6. What was your favorite basketball video game growing up?

Catch all Bulls Shows on ChiCitySports.com. Don't forget to follow us on twitter, like us on facebook, and subscribe to us on iTunes.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Check out episode 10 and let us know your thoughts on any of the following issues discussed on the show:

Catch all Bulls Shows on ChiCitySports.com. Don't forget to follow us on twitter, like us on facebook, and subscribe to us on iTunes.

:clap:

1. The Bulls player I expect to have a break out year is Butler.
He could be like a dog let out of a cage if Thibbs releases him from his cage.

2. The Bulls player I believe will have a drop off in effectiveness is Loul Deng.
Wear and tear and being overplayed the last few season may catch up with him.
I believe Deng should be number 1 on the injury watch this season..

3. As far as the New so called Dream Team losing a game, I certainly think its possible
As they appeared very beatable the last game only winning by 5 points.

4. The change I would make to the Olympic Basketball team U.S.A would regard the whole team.
They need to change there attitude, cockyness and be more humble. Other countrys take there dancing around like clowns as disrespect and its embaressing.
They need to realize they arnt there to represent there egos. They are representing all Americans.
Plus after the last game, I don't believe we have to worry about them being compared to Dream Team 1 again....thank God.
5. I like 2K13 as is.

6. My favorite basketball video game growing up was Bulls V. Lakers for Sega Genesis.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I haven't had a chance to catch your 10th episode, BUT I've listened up to episode 7 (I like to start from the beginning) and I have to say, you guys are doing great. Hope you guys actually post here in the Bulls forum because I think it'd be great to talk Bulls with you guys during the season on here.

I will, however, answer your questions. :D

1. I hope and pray it's Jimmy Butler. The guy beasted in summer league (like that means a lot...so did James Johnson) and has shown in very very brief glimpses that he could step right in and play defense right away. He has more offensive potential than Brewer imo and could end up a better player. Hopefully Ronnie taught him how to work that baseline.

2. Assuming you just mean from last year, I'd say Luol if he doesn't get surgery before the season starts. If he does get surgery, I'll say it'll be Marco Belinelli, purely because he won't be playing almost 30 minutes a game.

3. No. With a roster containing the talents of guys like Kobe, Durant, a quasi resurgent Lebron (in that he has regained his killer instinct from his Cleveland days), and to a slightly lesser extent, Melo, DWill and Chris Paul, I don't see this team failing in the clutch. There's a lot of scoring on this team, and I think perhaps after Lithuania, they try to get the ball to Lebron and Westbrook to attack the basket more than just throwing up 3s (which honestly, are good shots for a lot of those guys).

4. I'd play Kevin Love more. I think he and Melo are two guys who are tailor made to fit the European style of play. They have legit size and can hit the 3 at a really high clip. Add in their ability to rebound and I think you have a couple guys who can give you a huge boost of the bench. Now Melo has been given the opportunity to show that. Love hasn't. He plays like 12, 14 minutes a game on a team that really doesn't have a lot of frontcourt depth. I think running Love at C 20 minutes a game could give them a huge boost on the glass (and really, they're not that bad anyway) while probably actually gaining offensive production over Chandler.

5. I could go on a rant all day about this...I'll just call it "fix the cpu cheese" and leave it at that. If you play a lot of 2k (and watch 2k commentators on youtube xD) you know exactly what I mean.

6. NBA Live was probably my favorite of all of them. Played that on N64 and GCN until Live 06 (where they stopped making it for GCN). Right now, I think 2k blows Live out of the water, but in my childhood, I didn't have access to 2k (because I owned nothing but Nintendo systems). NBA Jam and NBA Street were probably my next favorites.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Taj Gibson! Playing for a new contract next season and with Asik gone I can see him getting much more minutes. Has to stay out of foul trouble though.

2. May I say Derrick Rose? I think when he comes back by the end of the season he will need some time to trust his knee again. I don´t see him attacking the rim in his first couple of weeks like he did before. Therefore he probably will not lead us deep in the playoffs this year. He might need another offseason to get to his 100%.

3. No, they already beat Lithuania which I thought would be the toughest matchup for them. If they meet Spain, this should be an easy one this time.

4. Maybe they focus too much on shooting threes. Would like to see them play some more creative offense.

5. Where will I start??? Worst part is ballhandling! You can´t get by your defender in 2K12 no matter what! Also the passing control needs to be fixed. how many times did you pass the ball to a player you didn´t want to pass it to? I stopped counting! Oh and they have to change the soundtrack, way too much rock or non hip-hop in general. I know not everybody likes hip-hop, but let´s be serious: Hip-hop belongs to basketball like rock does to hockey. Well, my hopes are on Live 13 anyway!!!

6. I would go with NBA Live 07. Liked that you could choose one offensive and one defensive superstar attribute! Also the 3d award room and shoe store in Live 2005 were dope!

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
how come you guys arent part of bullspodcasters.com

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how come you guys arent part of bullspodcasters.com
lol they just started a couple months ago. Bullspodcasters.com has been effectively dead (apart from Doug Thonus putting articles on there) for a few years now. Their podcasts are still going for the most part though.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
well, thats not true... news links are constantly updated, they always have new articles and what not, doug thonus and the bullseye guys are still putting out podcasts very frequently, and their forum link goes here. id say theyre as active as theyve always been.

i was just wondering since i constantly check bullspodcasters for new podcasts from those guys, and this show has been around for 10 episodes and im barely finding out about them now. i live in LA man! these podcasts keep me sane, having to deal with laker crap all day. the more podcasts the better (and the easier to get to them the better. and by that, i mean all in one place.)

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

- I don't expect anyone to really have a breakout year. Boozer/Hamilton/Kirk are declining if anything, and i think Deng and Noah have hit their ceiling. Noah may improve a little, but not enough to really breakout. I'm not expecting a huge year out of Butler. Gibson COULD have a breakout year if Boozer went down and he started a lot of games.. he could average near a double-double.

- Boozer. It's been a while since he had a season ending injury.. I can smell it in the air this season :troll:

- No. Only team that would have a shot is Spain, but that would be a long shot.

- If everyone was healthy, Howard, Wade, Rose and Bosh/Blake would probably be there meaning Iguodala. Davis, Harden and Westbrook probably wouldn't be... So since these guys are the replacements for the injured guys, I wouldn't make any changes.

- Don't have it.

- I was a fan of NBA Live in the early 00's.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well, thats not true... news links are constantly updated, they always have new articles and what not, doug thonus and the bullseye guys are still putting out podcasts very frequently, and their forum link goes here. id say theyre as active as theyve always been.

i was just wondering since i constantly check bullspodcasters for new podcasts from those guys, and this show has been around for 10 episodes and im barely finding out about them now. i live in LA man! these podcasts keep me sane, having to deal with laker crap all day. the more podcasts the better (and the easier to get to them the better. and by that, i mean all in one place.)
lol yeah that's what I meant about Doug putting up articles and stuff. Bullspodcasters.com is pretty much just a site for Bulls news compilation now. The forum has redirected here for the past 3 years I think. That's how I joined CCS in the first place...the famous (or infamous?) BP-CCS merger. And I listen to those podcasts regularly as well so I know they're still going.

Pretty much what I meant by "dead" is that overall traffic to the website has dropped dramatically. But I guess I could be wrong in saying that. So yeah you're right, the website is still active and stuff. :elephant:

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
do those guys post here at all? i remember they used to, but havent seen them around here in a looong time.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
jimmy butler (i hope)

hopefully not jimmy butler

no

less kobe lol

bring back stat enhancers with sneakers (like 2K11), make lebrons receding hairline updatable like the roster (every update pushes it back further)

NBA JAM

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
do those guys post here at all? i remember they used to, but havent seen them around here in a looong time.
Nope. Wish they did though. They stopped posting after the merger. Doug and the Bullseye guys weren't exactly the most frequent posters either. Kush was probably the more frequent poster, but he got really busy with work which is why he stopped podcasting altogether.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. Wish they did though. They stopped posting after the merger. Doug and the Bullseye guys weren't exactly the most frequent posters either. Kush was probably the more frequent poster, but he got really busy with work which is why he stopped podcasting altogether.

Besides the guys who did the podcasts, I wonder who from bullspodcasters left and still posts here. I can only think of Hou, Clone, DePaulfan and I think pinkizdead was also there. Who else?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Besides the guys who did the podcasts, I wonder who from bullspodcasters left and still posts here. I can only think of Hou, Clone, DePaulfan and I think pinkizdead was also there. Who else?
Yourself? xD

Diddy112 is one. There might be a few that post now and then during the season.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

When did I ever have a podcast :lol: :tiptoe:

EDIT: just realized you weren't saying I had a podcast,You were saying i Posted somewhere else. 'm sorry but your confusing me with someone else :eek: I wish I'd known you guys and been on that site, but CCS was really the first forum I ever actually posted on lol

Last edited:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I came in here to day before I saw myself mentioned is that I listened t the podcast and I liked it a lot and then i read the homepage article and I thought it was a good read, keep it up