the mock drafts say "D" with #7 pick, however.....

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
So you're saying it's alright for a player to disrespect one of his coaches?? I don't know why i'm asking you this because it's obvious that's what you think because you just said it. I'm gonna have to say that it's not alright to do that with any coach no matter who that coach is but you have your own opinion right or wrong.

I think it's ok to disrespect Mike Tice, the rest was just me messing with run and shoot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh man, if only Ryan Pace could let us see his updated, weekly big board - this problem would be solved!!

I would give my left arm (not really) to be able to sit in the Bears draft room or any room where they do all their draft and free agency talk. Besides game time there's no other time of the year that excites more than free agency and draft time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think it's ok to disrespect Mike Tice, the rest was just me messing with run and shoot.

Yeah i understand that cause it seems like everyone likes messing with him and i'm not wanting to get into the Winston debate but i do think he gets a hell of a lot of hate even though some is well deserved for his off field stuff but i believe the Winston haters should give the kid some credit for his on the field talents which he really does have plenty of.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Yeah i understand that cause it seems like everyone likes messing with him and i'm not wanting to get into the Winston debate but i do think he gets a hell of a lot of hate even though some is well deserved for his off field stuff but i believe the Winston haters should give the kid some credit for his on the field talents which he really does have plenty of.

Fair enough, OP acts like he's the next Joe Montana though. I just don't see him being worthy of a top 10 pick, regardless of off the field stuff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its simple for me. If Cutler plays a game for the Bears next year, its golf on Sunday for me. He is dead to me and so are the Bears.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to point out that as disappointing as Cutler has been, he HAS shown that he can win with a great defense (got to NFC championship game). So being stuck with Cutler for now being that we have no better options, why not address our biggest needs (DEFENSE) during that duration?

I'm sorry but that has been the sad tune since Cutler has been in this city and he has had some great defenses and yet still could not lead this team anywhere. I'm just way too sick of all of it. Make the cut a clean one and cleanse Chicago of Jay Cutler. Try something and someone else.

Think of all of the additional room on the sport page and boards for other than Jay Cutler crap. I swear to goodness. It had to be one of the easiest jobs in the world being a Chicago sports writer for the last 6 or better years. All you had to do was to go into the litter box for your cat and ferret out an old Cutler article as in.....Jay gets new OC.........Jay gets new OL coach....... Urlacher doesn't like Jay........... Jay looks like dope fiend on sideline........... Jay and receiver not on same page......... Jay spotted doing coke line on sideline.....Etc. etc. For goodness gracious, Lord, give us something else for these bozos to write about!!! PLEASE!!!!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just going by what the so-called experts say, this is a weak draft class for QBs. I think that Winston isn't worth the off field issues so that only really leaves the Oregon kid. The Bears need a lot of help from out of the draft and they are not likely to get much at quarterback. I like big strong offensive and defensive lines. My first choice is offensive tackle but if they find a big time defensive mauler, that would make me happy as well. They are not close enough in terms of talent to make a leap into the play-offs next season, so start building something for two-three years down the road. Let these coaches and GM have a couple of years to do their stuff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If either or both of the qbs are their at #7, then by all means trade the pick if you can. I think that the Browns would love to get either of those guys. I see this as the chance to start a good rebuilding process and trading that pick would start that process forward a good bit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was an interesting post about Winston at an early age. Thanks for posting it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you're going offense with #7, I would prefer Amari Cooper.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

only the trolls

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
To Gastavus............... dislike all that you want to. Its in your wheel house of simple-mindedness.

here's how to handle a worthless, simple-minded troll:
Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That was an interesting post about Winston at an early age. Thanks for posting it.

No problem........it was in response to those who erroneously claimed he was not a smart Qb

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think this years class of QB's leave allot to be desired. I think bout passed drafts with guys like j. russel. Quinn, ryan leaf, v. young , t. tebow and even Bradford who seems to be injury prone. even that kid the cardinals drafted few years ago, he's gone to I guess. since we are changing our defense, I think we need a stud that's going to be something to build around. if we go Shelton, il be happy. even 1 of the top LB's would be fine. but we need to something with our defense. to many injuries and not enough depth. I think a guy like Shelton could be around a long time and a guy to build around. we have to start somewhere and several of the guys we have are not a good fit for a 3-4 scheme. we need to build for the future and this years draft is stacked with many top notch defensive players. maybe next year look into the QB position or pick 1 up in the later rounds this year.