The new and improved DRose .....

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
DRose is not only back, he's improved and is more explosive. He can jump higher. He's bulked up and can take hits better. I think the whole team is following suit. I continue to say that people are underestimating the maturation of this Bulls team.

"I think I'm way more explosive now," Rose said after scoring 22 points in 22 minutes. "Like getting to the rim. I think I can take contact a little bit better. And as far as jumping-wise, I think I can jump even higher. They tested my vertical -- I increased it by 5 inches. I just didn't show it yet because there's no need to."

Read more ....

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll see how he does when they play Miami game 1.
That'll be the real test...and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Rose struggled. We know Miami is going to go at him 150% and basically try to tear him apart. If he can withstand that, we're in a good place.

Though if he does have a 45 inch vertical, that's just ridiculous in itself. If he's stronger in finishing through contact, that could be big as well in terms of both drawing fouls and getting those easy baskets from the free throw line.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
45'' Vert is nearing Jordan territory (48'' I think?)

Holy wow.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
42, he says he gained 5 inches, not that he has a 45 inch vertical.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose's jumper is what is going to be a game changer for the Bulls.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'm still worried about his longterm health. Can he continue to play with this level of aggressiveness for the full season? He's going to be relied on heavily to score points... could be hell on his knees and groin man.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I really think Derrick's passing has improved. I wanted to see him be more of a floor general, and I think he is. He's passing the ball very well, but, imo, when faced with double teams, he's using his vert, and jumping, and passing over top of the defense this year, ala MJ! Something that is new this year, imo.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With Rose no longer having to rely heavily on attaching the rim, I think his health will be just fine. Wish Mirotic were here already. His range and ability to put the call on the floor will really stretch defenses out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Excuse me Mr.Bear Pride, but you should wait until Derrick faces the Heat in game 1 before you get all gung ho in this bitch.
Its fucking preseason dude.....:lol:

But of course me being the Bulls fan i am, i hope your right.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
DRose is not only back, he's improved and is more explosive. He can jump higher. He's bulked up and can take hits better. I think the whole team is following suit. I continue to say that people are underestimating the maturation of this Bulls team.

Read more ....

Also i would like to apologize for getting off on the wrong foot with you this new season.
I can appreciate your loyalty to the Bulls.
Your a good fan.

Me on the other hand, im always a little skeptical..........but you already know that.

Peace be with you and most importantly, GO BULLs :beerbang: