The New York Yankees Aren't Playing Fair

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Great, one in HS who won't want to leave and the other 2 younger.

I'd say the chances of Girardi managing here are slim.

wife and kids dont have to leave newyork if he chooses to manage here..
i think stuff like that is a bit over blown, their only home for 81 days of the 200 plus between Feb and Oct..
and those 81 days at home, most of the day is spent at the ball park. the wife and kids can come in during the homestand for a couple of days if they want too..

its not iike every married with kids manager, coach, and players have their family living in same city they play for..

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The deal is that Girardi's situation is different than a lot of managers that he can really pick and choose what he wants to do. He can stay in New York as one of the highest paid managers or he can take a year off to leave his family in New York. If he takes the second option he can not deal with the stress of being a manager, especially in a big market, and whenever he wants to can basically pick whatever job he wants when he is ready to manage again.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
article saying that NYY made an offer to Joe today. He then made a counter offer and they are meeting tomorrow again. So tomorrow i think we find out if Joe is a NYY or be a FA

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
The deal is that Girardi's situation is different than a lot of managers that he can really pick and choose what he wants to do. He can stay in New York as one of the highest paid managers or he can take a year off to leave his family in New York. If he takes the second option he can not deal with the stress of being a manager, especially in a big market, and whenever he wants to can basically pick whatever job wants whenever he wants to get back into manager.

You're a writer? Gibberish aside. Don't you mean "where ever" he decides to take a job?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're a writer? Gibberish aside. Don't you mean "where ever" he decides to take a job?

No whenever is correct despite being repetitive. I did forget to include he before wants in that sentence though.

Not sure where I claimed to be much of a writer though.

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Great, one in HS who won't want to leave and the other 2 younger.

I'd say the chances of Girardi managing here are slim.
Don't forget his wife is from Lake Forest, and that is where her parents used to live (don't know anymore).

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
No whenever is correct despite being repetitive. I did forget to include he before wants in that sentence though.

Not sure where I claimed to be much of a writer though.

Sorry, I thought you were a published writer, besides on this board. I fucked up and presumed too much again. My bad.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I thought you were a published writer, besides on this board. I fucked up and presumed too much again. My bad.

Publishing things on the internet hardly makes one a writer. I freely admit to writing poorly especially when posting quickly while focusing on two other things at the same time.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Publishing things on the internet hardly makes one a writer. I freely admit to writing poorly especially when posting quickly while focusing on two other things at the same time.

I guess what threw me was that you're always so eloquent and grammatically correct. Again my mistake.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess what threw me was that you're always so eloquent and grammatically correct. Again my mistake.

No worries, hardly think of myself as eloquent but thanks for the compliment. Either way you were correct that the last sentence was poorly written and I fixed it to make more sense.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Girardi isn't leaving the Yankees. Bank on it.