The NFL Draft info thread (no GAY talk)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Very OT, but a lot of teams are unveiling new uniforms this offseason. I can't recall so many teams doing this at once. The latest being HOU.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Very OT, but a lot of teams are unveiling new uniforms this offseason. I can't recall so many teams doing this at once. The latest being HOU.
Eventually, everyone gets new uniforms. It may not be 20 years or 40 years from now, but eventually every team will get new uniforms.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yea, all I'm saying is they'd need to agree to the penalty and they're probably a lot less likely to agree to something that hurts their No. 8 overall. They can agree to a swap that's more similar to the Cardinals... swap around 3rds... or even a 2nd. Cause, for example... if they love Turner, they probably don't take that settlement even at the threat of something bigger cause they'd lose him. But I get it... I also have no clue (obviously).

I get there's no real leverage there, but they do have an option to kick the can down the road and see what the harsher penalty would be. I guess we'll see what happens. It's just my not-very-educated guess.
The harsher penalty will easily be the NFL penalty.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
@nc0gnet0 you may have posted this elsewhere but I haven’t seen it. What’s your draft predictions for the Lions this year? Your mock even? Just curious.
@nc0gnet0 is sitting in his mom’s basement wearing his Payton jersey praying @Anytime23 will be nice to him so he can proclaim his undying love for the Bears again.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0 you may have posted this elsewhere but I haven’t seen it. What’s your draft predictions for the Lions this year? Your mock even? Just curious.
I honestly have no idea, and when picking 29, doing a mock is all but pointless. Players I like at 29?

Chop Robinson
Kool-aid Mckinstry
Jackson Powers-Johnson

However, I kind of hope they trade up into the 12-18 range and get one of the top 2 corners.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0 is sitting in his mom’s basement wearing his Payton jersey praying @Anytime23 will be nice to him so he can proclaim his undying love for the Bears again.
Nope, I am just praying that the sad little man does his typical Lions 1st round draft pick thread where he claims the Lions player will be a bust. That all but insures that player will be an All Pro.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Sources have reportedly told ESPN's Jordan Raanan that the Giants are attempting to make a play to trade up to No. 3 or No. 4 overall to land Maye. The Giants currently pick sixth. If they stay there, they would likely be aiming to draft Oregon's Bo Nix."

This has to be poorly written. I can’t imagine they mean the Giants would draft Nix at 6.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

CHICAGO BEARS
We don’t say this enough of the obvious selections, so here’s a reminder: This is the best pick of the first round. Williams is the sort of quarterback prospect who comes around only once every few drafts, and he lands in a great environment in Chicago. I expect a long and prolific career.

Maye
Daniels
Harrison
McCarthy (MIN)
Odunze
Alt
Nabers

CHICAGO BEARS
The Bears double-dipped at defensive tackle last season with Gervon Dexter in the second round and Zacch Pickens in the third—so why Murphy? Well, Justin Jones and his 720 snaps went out the door in free agency, and head coach Matt Eberflus has made it clear he would like to add to the team’s pass rush from any alignment: outside, opposite Montez Sweat, or on the interior. Murphy was named as a dark horse to go in the top 10 earlier this week by NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah, and I think that’ll gain even more steam over the next few days.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Players likely to be traded during the draft...​

"RB Khalil Herbert, Chicago Bears​

1 OF 5

1. sms7honw2wx0dkgz4aqo.jpg
    Justin Casterline/Getty Images
    The Chicago Bears have a logjam in their backfield. It appeared that the team would go into the 2024 campaign with the tandem of Khalil Herbert and Roschon Johnson serving as its top running backs, but the free-agency pickup of D'Andre Swift muddied the waters.
    Rather than try to sort out a pecking order involving all three, the Bears could bring clarity to this situation by trading one of their incumbent running backs. Since Johnson just joined the team as a fourth-round pick last year and has barely scratched the surface of his potential, moving on from Herbert makes the most sense.
    While Herbert is still on a cheap rookie deal and is set to make just a shade over $1 million for the 2024 campaign, he's likely not going to stick around in the Windy City beyond this season.
    The Bears issued a three-year, $24 million contract to Swift this offseason and will likely lean on him to be their top producer out of the backfield during the length of that deal. Johnson showed he was capable of handling backup duties after averaging 4.3 yards per carry as a rookie and has upside to become more prominently involved as a sophomore.
    Considering the relatively weak crop of running back talent in the 2024 draft—only one ranks within the top 50 of the Bleacher Report Scouting Department's latest big board—there could be some strong trade interest for Herbert.
    He has proved to be an elusive rusher, averaging nearly five yards per carry over his first 42 career games. While he doesn't offer much as a pass-catcher, he could still provide a strong return on investment for what would likely be a meager Day 3 pick in exchange.
    It may not be a great haul for the Bears, but that pick could help the rebuilding team far more than a one-dimensional depth option in their backfield."

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I honestly have no idea, and when picking 29, doing a mock is all but pointless. Players I like at 29?

Chop Robinson
Kool-aid Mckinstry
Jackson Powers-Johnson

However, I kind of hope they trade up into the 12-18 range and get one of the top 2 punters.
FIFY

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Players likely to be traded during the draft...​

"RB Khalil Herbert, Chicago Bears​

1 OF 5

1. View attachment 38028
    Justin Casterline/Getty Images
    The Chicago Bears have a logjam in their backfield. It appeared that the team would go into the 2024 campaign with the tandem of Khalil Herbert and Roschon Johnson serving as its top running backs, but the free-agency pickup of D'Andre Swift muddied the waters.
    Rather than try to sort out a pecking order involving all three, the Bears could bring clarity to this situation by trading one of their incumbent running backs. Since Johnson just joined the team as a fourth-round pick last year and has barely scratched the surface of his potential, moving on from Herbert makes the most sense.
    While Herbert is still on a cheap rookie deal and is set to make just a shade over $1 million for the 2024 campaign, he's likely not going to stick around in the Windy City beyond this season.
    The Bears issued a three-year, $24 million contract to Swift this offseason and will likely lean on him to be their top producer out of the backfield during the length of that deal. Johnson showed he was capable of handling backup duties after averaging 4.3 yards per carry as a rookie and has upside to become more prominently involved as a sophomore.
    Considering the relatively weak crop of running back talent in the 2024 draft—only one ranks within the top 50 of the Bleacher Report Scouting Department's latest big board—there could be some strong trade interest for Herbert.
    He has proved to be an elusive rusher, averaging nearly five yards per carry over his first 42 career games. While he doesn't offer much as a pass-catcher, he could still provide a strong return on investment for what would likely be a meager Day 3 pick in exchange.
    It may not be a great haul for the Bears, but that pick could help the rebuilding team far more than a one-dimensional depth option in their backfield."
Traded for what, a conditional 7th round pick?

baredown

Liked Posts:
In 1965 the Bears had two top ten picks. They had the same situation in 1979.

The picks:

Dick Butkus
Gale Sayers
Dan Hampton
Al Harris

Three of those guys are in the HOF. Harris was a damn good football player.

Stay at 9 and pick a stud or trade up. Get the best player possible with this unique opportunity.
Actually, the Bears had three top 6 draft picks in 1965. But Steve DeLong didn't quite have the career of Butkus or Sayers...

Nevertheless, I agree with the sentiment to stay at #9 and pick the guy with the best chance to wear a gold jacket someday...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Actually, the Bears had three top 6 draft picks in 1965. But Steve DeLong didn't quite have the career of Butkus or Sayers...

Nevertheless, I agree with the sentiment to stay at #9 and pick the guy with the best chance to wear a gold jacket someday...
I never realized they had a third top ten pick. Thanks for pointing that out.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Bears get Odunze at 9, I’ll be ecstatic.

I believe he’ll be an amazing fit as a player, teammate, and member of the community.

He’s just an awesome guy. He has that non diva mentality like DJ but he’s definitely an alpha dog receiver.
I'm ok with Rome if they go him over Bowers. But come on, Bowers bro....