The Official Give whitesoxman77 shit about giving 901 Shit About the Royals Thread

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
20-21 and fading.
th_yawn.gif

2-8 in their last 10.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Greatest rotation in the AL!!!!!!1

/Dabs

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Official Give whitesoxman77 shit about giving 901 Shit About the Royals Thr

Greatest rotation in the AL!!!!!

/Dabs

they got better with their moves but the rotation isnt all that great. im worried about your homestate a lot...ya know the tribe. also looks like miggy is still carrying over from last year.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Indians' rotation is holding up well, surprisingly.

Yeah, this whole "triple crown = mvp!!!!!!!!!!1" retardation is getting annoying already.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
they got better with their moves but the rotation isnt all that great. im worried about your homestate a lot...ya know the tribe. also looks like miggy is still carrying over from last year.

That is almost exactly what I said. The emphasize on improvement came from how epically bad the rotation was the year before. Hosmer and Moustakas not taking a step forward is what is really killing that team.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You've got to be fucking kidding me. When did I say anything remotely close to that?

You didn't say that for say, but you did spend a lot of time preaching how much better the Royals' rotation was going to be. I acknowledge it got a little better but not nearly as good as you said it would be.

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You didn't say that for say, but you did spend a lot of time preaching how much better the Royals' rotation was going to be. I acknowledge it got a little better but not nearly as good as you said it would be.

A) It is nice to see you can dish it out, but you can't take it in return.

B) You really don't know what you are fucking talking about here. Here is what I said:
1-13-2013
their rotation has gone from terrible to below average at this point. This is what their starting staff put up last year

And lets look at how the rotation has done:
3.86 ERA this year which is good for sixth. Looks like I was underselling them since league average starter ERA is 4.40. That really isn't much of an improvement over the 5.01 ERA from last season is it?

Perhaps one might want to do a little research before trying calling someone out?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
A) It is nice to see you can dish it out, but you can't take it in return.

B) You really don't know what you are fucking talking about here. Here is what I said:
1-13-2013

And lets look at how the rotation has done:
3.86 ERA this year which is good for sixth. Looks like I was underselling them since league average starter ERA is 4.40. That really isn't much of an improvement over the 5.01 ERA from last season is it?

Perhaps one might want to do a little research before trying calling someone out?

Oh, get off your high horse. I said the same exact thing and you still had to argue with me:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...son-Discussion?p=782531&viewfull=1#post782531

And, fwiw, you said the Royals were "dramatically better than they were even with all the flaws that exist on their roster".

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lol: I like how this thread was made to make fun of me but it has turned in to Dabs and 901 duking it out again

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, get off your high horse. I said the same exact thing and you still had to argue with me:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...son-Discussion?p=782531&viewfull=1#post782531

And, fwiw, you said the Royals were "dramatically better than they were even with all the flaws that exist on their roster".
Still waiting to hear how any of that comes anywhere near to saying they had the best rotaiton in baseball?

I love your memory of these events. You want to know why that argument started? It started exactly like this one. How about we look at the full quote you were talking about:
On paper they are dramatically better than they were last year, and the teams at the top have taken a step back.
Yep that is a super outlandish thing to say, and the fact that the rotation has in fact being dramatically better than last year doesn't lend any credence to the statement. So why are the Royals fading it couldn't be something else that I said in that thread:
The lineup is incredibly young and could put up another subpar year like last year or many premium young talents could take a step forward
I mean clearly the terrible pitching staff is why the Royals aren't above .500 right now I mean they are only third in the league in total ERA and runs per game. It couldn't be that they are 9th in runs scored per game, and those premium young talents I mentioned in January continued to have subpar years instead of taking a step forward.

But feel free to continue restarting this argument with me over things that aren't even close to what I've actually said.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do remember Dabs :fap: about santana deal. Not sure about the rest of rotation arguement but I do remember going on and on about santanas velocity and how it was putrid and how this rotation is meh at best....than again I could have been arguing with brett about it and not DAbs.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
lol wut is going on in here?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I do remember Dabs ... about santana deal. Not sure about the rest of rotation arguement but I do remember going on and on about santanas velocity and how it was putrid and how this rotation is meh at best....than again I could have been arguing with brett about it and not DAbs.

Moi?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do remember Dabs :fap: about santana deal. Not sure about the rest of rotation arguement but I do remember going on and on about santanas velocity and how it was putrid and how this rotation is meh at best....than again I could have been arguing with brett about it and not DAbs.

I don't recall that, and the search I did for posts by me with Santana in them only resulted in some general discussion about the Royals rotation.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What team has the best ERA in the AL right now?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish