The Official Golden Gopher Basketball Thread

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The names I'm seeing mentioned now are Greg Marshall, Buzz Williams, and Tim Miles.

All 3 may have turned the job down before I post this.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it possible to give the job to Tyus Jones' dad so that Tyus feels obligated to be a Gopher?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I like that idea. Sign the #1 prospect in the nations dad to be the coach on a 1-year deal. Then repeat every year. Sounds fail proof to me haha. Now I hope Buzz Williams is the guy but I'd be shocked if he left to UMN. Marshall could be a stretch too because it sounds like he just got the #1 HS bball player to go to Wichita State in Andrew Wiggings and they are in the Final Four this year.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like that idea. Sign the #1 prospect in the nations dad to be the coach on a 1-year deal. Then repeat every year. Sounds fail proof to me haha. Now I hope Buzz Williams is the guy but I'd be shocked if he left to UMN. Marshall could be a stretch too because it sounds like he just got the #1 HS bball player to go to Wichita State in Andrew Wiggings and they are in the Final Four this year.

welp. this sucks

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Minnesota hires Richard Pitino to be the head basketball coach.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are your thoughts on the hiring?

I don't really know what to make of it except hopefully the name recognition does some good in recruiting.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are your thoughts on the hiring?

I don't really know what to make of it except hopefully the name recognition does some good in recruiting.

I'm happy with it, I went to the announcement and he seemed to be very charismatic and he should be a fun coach and hopefully like you said lure some recruits due to his pedigree or more his dad's pedigree