The Pats Had More Major Injuries Than Us

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
on both sides of the ball yet they're still on their way to AFC championship game. They just plugged and played and adjusted their game plans and kept rolling, that is what separates the great organizations from the underachieving ones like our Bears. I say all of that with a heavy heart

Nick80

& a head coach/coaching staff that understands how to put the large percentage of it's players on the roster in positions to succeed. Stop blowing shit out of proportion, this is New England we are talking about.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
first year system vs 10+ year system. hmmm.

I wonder if the 10 year Trestman system will include long field goals on 2nd down in overtime.

Aqbased

Liked Posts:
That bullshit's getting old. :gtfo:

So you're going to ignore it for the sake of this argument?
tumblr_mz3rmaA3bp1toe7eko1_250.gif

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They also have a guy that elevates the team's play on offense, and doesn't need 3 pro-bowlers around him to look good.

Brady was struggling pretty good until Gronk came back...

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They also have a guy that elevates the team's play on offense, and doesn't need 3 pro-bowlers around him to look good.

But they do have a group of 1st rd picks and all pro players that make up the o-line. Billicheat consistently has one of the best if not the best o-line year in year out. That has been his recipe for success since he went to NE.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will consist of Erin Homosexual Rodgers getting rammed in the ass.

So Trestman is going to the Packers or Rodgers is going to the Bears?

Either way that sounds like a pretty poor offensive strategy. But if Trestman did the math it must be right, right?

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are the standard of "injuries are no excuse". Think about it, We have missed the playoffs that last handful of years because of injury. Bear teams that should have been competitive and just could not do it. I might even go as far saying that in recent years, Bears have been the best team not to make the playoffs. Underachieving because of the inability to adapt to circumstances which are common to every team. Belichek is a master of that and why they are in the playoffs year in and out no matter what.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if was the volume of injuries, but the "where" of our injuries that did us in. We lost everyone on D, right up the middle. Three DT's (counting Paea) and two LB's, right up the gut. Not only did it dissolve any pass rush, but left us completely inept at stopping runs between the tackles.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not worried about it. Almost all of our attention went to the offense this last year and there was a complete turnaround. Those pieces are in place now, so the attention can be placed on defense and depth this year. I don't see a complete turnaround happening, but at least some competence. It should be enough to compete again next year.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pats have been drafting smart for years..Bears have not..They are deep, Bears are not

For the number of picks they've had, they really haven't well at all. A few decent ones recently, but from 06 to 09 it was pretty awful.