The Pats Had More Major Injuries Than Us

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pats have been drafting smart for years..Bears have not..They are deep, Bears are not

For the number of picks they've had, they really haven't well at all. A few decent ones recently, but from 06 to 09 it was pretty awful.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1593805-ranking-the-draft-success-of-all-32-nfl-teams/page/33

#1...New England Patriots

Head Coach: Bill Belichick

Track Record: 12 years

Wins as General Manager (five years maximum): 60

Wins Last Five Years: 60

Power Rating (2-64 scale): 64

Trend Factor: Neutral (0)

Bill Belichick hasn’t won fewer than nine games in a season since Tom Brady became the starting quarterback in 2001. The Patriots haven’t won fewer than 10 games since 2002 and have only missed the playoffs three times since 2000. In other words: trust the Patriots to get the job done during the draft.

In the 2010 NFL Draft, the Patriots added Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes and Aaron Hernandez and set off the tight end trend. Nate Solder, Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley were drafted in 2011 to both protect Brady and give him more weapons.

In 2012, Chandler Jones, Dont’a Hightower and Tavon Wilson were drafted to rebuild the defense and were all solid players that could be even better next season. The Patriots don’t spend big in free agency because they always have young players at each position or can identify and acquire talent for a bargain price.

The Patriots have a system and know how to work the draft board. Belichick knows exactly what traits are needed in each player to be successful within the Patriots scheme and simply chooses the best ones, which has been very successful.

You really struggle at comprehending what one writes. I aknowledge that they've done well the last few years, but that wasn't the trend in NE in years past, especially when you consider the amount of picks they've had.

I post an article that basically agrees with you as well as giving my post some cred, and you wanna argue?...Youre not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I suggest you start drinking bottled water from the states and leave that Canadian river water alone

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Maybe. Plenty thought the same of the pack & favre.

The Packers, with Favre, were anything but the "gold standard".

18 years and he won a grand total of ONE.....yes, ONE.....Super Bowl. And that was as much due to Reggie White as Favre.

Belichik and Brady are so much better than Holmgren and Favre it's not worth discussing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Packers, with Favre, were anything but the "gold standard".

18 years and he won a grand total of ONE.....yes, ONE.....Super Bowl. And that was as much due to Reggie White as Favre.

Belichik and Brady are so much better than Holmgren and Favre it's not worth discussing.

I agree, the Packers with Favre weren't competitive year in, year out. My post wasn't to compare Belichik/Holmgren, but mainly to point out that them falling off completely without Brady isn't a foregone conclusion.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
on both sides of the ball yet they're still on their way to AFC championship game. They just plugged and played and adjusted their game plans and kept rolling, that is what separates the great organizations from the underachieving ones like our Bears. I say all of that with a heavy heart

Playing in a weak division helps

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
But they do have a group of 1st rd picks and all pro players that make up the o-line. Billicheat consistently has one of the best if not the best o-line year in year out. That has been his recipe for success since he went to NE.

That and cheating, yes.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I post an article that basically agrees with you as well as giving my post some cred, and you wanna argue?...Youre not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I suggest you start drinking bottled water from the states and leave that Canadian river water alone

I'll be honest, I don't read much that you post. So if that's the case, I apologize.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Hey, look at it this way, at least we aren't the Chicago Cubs !!!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
New England probably has one of the best overall coaching staffs in the NFL. They do not spend big money on FA and plug new guys into their System. Even if those young guys don't become stars, they tend to perform well.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:

Yeah, I hear the water in W. Virginia is especially pure and refreshing.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will ask this again...it seems to be ignored constantly. Can someone list their injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Also list how many off the street players had significant playing time.

As of November they were missing Kelly, Wilfork and Mayo....thats it. They traded for a DT Sopoaga.

Last edited:

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
One of the greatest coaches ever, plus one of the greatest QBs ever, plus a weak ass division in a weak ass conference.

I'm sure those things don't matter

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I live in New England and watch Belichick and the guy may be the greatest coach I've ever witnessed in my lifetime. If the Bears had Brady next year how do you think they would do? He has created a system that is near perfect, the only variable being human beings. He is a master talent scout, finds throwaways like Welker, Woodhead, Ninkovich, Blount and puts them in position to succeed. Remember 2006 when the Bears were 7-0 until they played Miami, Miami's starting WR was out that day and they had to play Welker, he kept repeatedly catching short passes that could not be defended, Belichick was seemingly the only coach in the league who saw that and decided he could be a starter. The Patriots Defense, with many starters gone succeeds because the scheme is greater than the individual player. Bears fans would do well to realize this. This year's disgusting version of defense for the Bears should watch the Patriots and forever be ashamed. Belichick can build a dominating defense with old guys like Vrabel and Bruschi who know what they are doing and do their job. They are not superstar athletes, they are solid smart veterans who do their jobs correctly. When Brady got hurt Belichick won 11 games with Matt Cassell, do you see that happening in MINN?

I love Bill because he is a scientist of the game, he loves the game more than any coach I've seen. As a Bears fan I try to watch Belichick on his Friday night local Patriots all access show because he goes over game tape and gives analysis, its' just amazing seeing him breakdown tape. He can run the machine so fast, it's obvious he has watched thousands and thousands of hours of tape. More than likely very little if anything he hasn't seen unless it's new. He is a verifiable football expert, an intellectual in a field full of blue collar meathead coaches like Lovie Smith, Mike Tice and Rod Marinelli. Certainly these guys are smart and experienced, but Belichick is Smarter, had a greater intellect and ability to solve problems and strategize in real time. Do you realize some of the games the Pats won this year they were losing and were able to score a TD in less than one minute in the final minute? Does anybody remember the Packers game where they got the cheap TD..the kind you NEVER see the Pats give up....they still had 38 seconds to score. Brady and Belichick have the final drive down to a science. Did anybody notice how Cutler didn't even try to work the sidelines and just started launching bombs..he doesn't even know how to drive with less than a minute. The Pats have turned this into a science that everybody should be studying...but they're too busy being meatheads.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't become the Patriots in one year. Pretty sure Emery and Trestman view them as the gold standard.